ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 10 is ....

Supposedly starting 10-24. That's five weeks. Lots of time for them to change their mind again. Pay attention to the presidential polls around the 2nd week of October.

Even if they play, it's going to be watered down. I know Michigan will be without five or six projected starters, and likely more by the time the season is tentatively scheduled to start.

It must of been the rankings and the playoffs they might be missing out on.

TVZ must be sobbing today, as he ran his mouth incessantly about B1G schools not playing this season, and rooted hard against college kids. You might remember that this was when he was trying to convince himself that he was a lion instead of a liar.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Supposedly starting 10-24. That's five weeks. Lots of time for them to change their mind again. Pay attention to the presidential polls around the 2nd week of October.

Even if they play, it's going to be watered down. I know Michigan will be without five or six projected starters, and likely more by the time the season is tentatively scheduled to start.
So? Michigan's leftist President and Governor spearheaded the charge to block B1G football, remember? Moreover, projected first round draft picks Wyatt Davis and Shaun Wade got sick of waiting for the B1G leftists to cave to pressure, and declared for the NFL Draft just in the last week. Ohio State will survive, as long as Justin Fields plays this Fall, but losing two projected first rounders will hurt.

So? Michigan's leftist President and Governor spearheaded the charge to block B1G football, remember? Moreover, projected first round draft picks Wyatt Davis and Shaun Wade got sick of waiting for the B1G leftists to cave to pressure, and declared for the NFL Draft just in the last week. Ohio State will survive, as long as Justin Fields plays this Fall, but losing two projected first rounders will hurt.
I'm hearing some players who opted out may return, but who knows. They will play nine consecutive weeks, running 10/24 through 12/19. Eight game regular season, and then the final weekend will consist of the B1G championship, of #1 east vs #1 west, with additional games featuring 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, etc. No bye weeks, so they'll have no room for error under this scenario. Feel like they should begin on October 10th, and play nine game regular season/w bye week, and still allow everybody to play the 10th game on December 19th. No fans allowed at any games either.

I agree with you as to the start date. Do they really need 5 1/2 weeks to prepare for the season? Two extra weeks in October would give them some wiggle-room to reschedule canceled games. The decision-making of Warren & Company continues to make little sense.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
8 conference games and a 9th game matching up East vs West top to bottom. 1 vs 1 for Championship

I agree with you as to the start date. Do they really need 5 1/2 weeks to prepare for the season? Two extra weeks in October would give them some wiggle-room to reschedule canceled games. The decision-making of Warren & Company continues to make little sense.
Harbaugh said last week his team could be ready to play in two weeks. Makes no sense not to start 10/3 or 10/10. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if they're simply buying time, just to hope for some dumbass reason to pull the plug again prior to the new date. I'm not even sure I give a fvck at this point. Politics has just about ruined 2020 for me, but having plenty of beer and lots of meat to cook on the grill every weekend keeps me upbeat.

You're probably right about the stalling tactic. It's hard to have any confidence in the B1G bozos calling the shots. I didn't want to lose this year because I think that Justin Fields could lead the Bucks to another CFP berth. If the start date gets delayed until November or later, then Fields will opt out, and it won't matter to me (as a fan) at that point whether a season is played or not.

....... still embarrassing itself as a P5 Conference. The schools in the B1G have been practicing the entire time (not at the full 20 hrs but reportedly at 10-which likely still means at least 15), so why do they need to wait til 10/24 to play games. The Khakis said a week ago that his team could be ready in 2 weeks (see defroitfreepress), ok why do they need 5+ weeks? 3 at the most!

It is incredibly sad that non football people are making football decisions out of no logic whatsoever. If the sunbelt, aac,and conference USA can play football as well as 1-aa schools, why can’t the B1G?

btw I know the answer but I don’t want to get into that.

All I know is Pickm has little choice in finding 10 decent games every week and the word decent is very subjective this season. I say FU very much B1G (no offense meant to Columbus, Lincoln, or Iowa City).

....... still embarrassing itself as a P5 Conference. The schools in the B1G have been practicing the entire time (not at the full 20 hrs but reportedly at 10-which likely still means at least 15), so why do they need to wait til 10/24 to play games. The Khakis said a week ago that his team could be ready in 2 weeks (see defroitfreepress), ok why do they need 5+ weeks? 3 at the most!

It is incredibly sad that non football people are making football decisions out of no logic whatsoever. If the sunbelt, aac,and conference USA can play football as well as 1-aa schools, why can’t the B1G?

btw I know the answer but I don’t want to get into that.

All I know is Pickm has little choice in finding 10 decent games every week and the word decent is very subjective this season. I say FU very much B1G (no offense meant to Columbus, Lincoln, or Iowa City).
The delay is supposedly due to a few teams shutting down recently for a few weeks. Be nice to me and UM football team, and blame the liberals instead.

Reactions: Darth_VadEER
@MichiganHerd

I don’t blame Meat Chicken (joking) or the khakis. I don’t even blame Sparty, but it is so obvious the B1G has made themselves look like a 4th or 5th rate carnival act. There was no logical reason to cancel their season on August 11th.

By the week BEFORE Labor Day Weekend they should have realized ‘everybody around us is playing ball, we can play football too, so let’s play’. They could have had their season going by 9-26 like everyone else. Instead they were still yelling at Nebraska and Scott Frost for wanting to play and daring to question the insanity of the conference decision and threatening expulsion in public.

I am not into conspiracy theories but it’s BLATANTLY OBVIOUS this was a decision driven by politics, not logic. And this decision is costing themselves and the towns they’re in a lot of money. If these venues can play at 25-40% that’s still helping restaurants and hotels and etc.

I’m an engineer and I visit work sites all the time and in the heat (90+ on most job sites on most days) where no one hardly wears a mask and social distancing can’t be spelled by most of the laborers out there unless they smoke 2 or 3 cigarettes to think about it (just a joke but true). If these people can work and I never hear of a case of COV19 then there can be ball and some normalcy.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
I see the Pac 12 is following their big Brother B1G back to the college football world. Big says jump PAC says how high.

I see the Pac 12 is following their big Brother B1G back to the college football world. Big says jump PAC says how high.
Just like a stray dog.

Now mountain west is coming back, leaving only the mac as not playing. Seeing rumblings this morning that the mac is maybe coming back.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT