ADVERTISEMENT

The Beauty of College Basketball

WVU2001

Senior
Aug 29, 2009
As I watched a portion of the Xavier at Villanova game last evening, I couldn’t help but compare WVU and Villanova - position by position even. Then, I thought about their current #1 ranking with us currently #2. Finally, the thought came to mind: One of the true beauties of college basketball is that if Villanova keeps winning in March and we do as well, eventually we’ll find out which team is better. I’d love to see that game! Perhaps on a Monday night in early April.

Go Mountaineers!

Reactions: pressvirginia
As I watched a portion of the Xavier at Villanova game last evening, I couldn’t help but compare WVU and Villanova - position by position even. Then, I thought about their current #1 ranking with us currently #2. Finally, the thought came to mind: One of the true beauties of college basketball is that if Villanova keeps winning in March and we do as well, eventually we’ll find out which team is better. I’d love to see that game! Perhaps on a Monday night in early April.

Go Mountaineers!

Going to be tough since Villanova has a much easier row to hoe than WVU. Next 5 for WVU includes teams ranked 8, 12, 16, and 21 with 2 of those on the road. And since it's the big 12 we will have to play them all again in the regular season. Even if WVU is a better team than NOVA, staying with them in the rankings will be tough given this schedule.

In looking at the Sagarin ratings, Villanova is 3-1 against top 50 teams and we are 5-1. Our next 5 games are against top 50 teams so that margin will grow. Purdue is the only team with more top 50 wins at 6-1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT