ADVERTISEMENT

The B1G

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
They're going to only play a 10 game, conference only schedule for this coming season. It will be announced tomorrow. This will have a ripple effect throughout college football, so I look for the other conferences to likely follow suit. Big losers will be (other than the fans) the cupcakes who schedule these P5 for a nice check.

They're going to only play a 10 game, conference only schedule for this coming season. It will be announced tomorrow. This will have a ripple effect throughout college football, so I look for the other conferences to likely follow suit. Big losers will be (other than the fans) the cupcakes who schedule these P5 for a nice check.
It's already been announced.

It's already been announced.
It leaked out, but the official announcement I believe is tomorrow. Either way, it's going to make scheduling a nightmare for many. I know both Michigan and Ohio State had Washington and Oregon scheduled early on. I'm sure other B1G programs were playing games against the other P5 conferences, like Iowa-Iowa State.

It leaked out, but the official announcement I believe is tomorrow. Either way, it's going to make scheduling a nightmare for many. I know both Michigan and Ohio State had Washington and Oregon scheduled early on. I'm sure other B1G programs were playing games against the other P5 conferences, like Iowa-Iowa State.
The official announcement was at 4 pm ET. The Big 12 and ACC are likely to be next. Should be coming soon.

The official announcement was at 4 pm ET. The Big 12 and ACC are likely to be next. Should be coming soon.
I hadn't seen that. I only knew they were planning to discuss it today with the ADs, and had planned to make an announcement tomorrow. Once it got leaked an hour or so ago, I assume they figured they better go ahead and make it today. Regardless, I'm guessing at some point they either cancel the season prior to start, or end up doing so a few games in. Definitely won't be as fun as usual, but it's better than nothing, assuming they attempt to play.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I hadn't seen that. I only knew they were planning to discuss it today with the ADs, and had planned to make an announcement tomorrow. Once it got leaked an hour or so ago, I assume they figured they better go ahead and make it today. Regardless, I'm guessing at some point they either cancel the season prior to start, or end up doing so a few games in. Definitely won't be as fun as usual, but it's better than nothing, assuming they attempt to play.
Most conferences are pushing for spring to be the season so hopefully they announce that soon to make it easier for fans to handle the disappointment. Crazy times.

I would expect Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, and a few other Power 5 programs to balk at moving the season to the Spring, as their rosters would be decimated by the players who would opt to prepare for the NFL Draft instead of playing in the Spring. The result would be an incredibly watered-down product on the field, and that's why moving the season to the Spring will be the last resort.

I would expect Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, and a few other Power 5 programs to balk at moving the season to the Spring, as their rosters would be decimated by the players who would opt to prepare for the NFL Draft instead of playing in the Spring. The result would be an incredibly watered-down product on the field, and that's why moving the season to the Spring will be the last resort.
Incredibly watered-down or incredibly more competitive?

Other than the ACC part, the other site is reporting the exact opposite regarding the Big 12.

Other than the ACC part, the other site is reporting the exact opposite regarding the Big 12.
I provided the Blue Lot with more on this a few days ago and it's basically this. The NCAA was encouraging conferences and programs to wait two weeks before making any final decisions. The reason for that is the NCAA was being advised that a spike was likely to occur after the July 4th holiday. That comes from a guy I've worked with at Rivals and he has also worked at the NCAA for several years. He's always been able to provide very accurate info. In his (personal) opinion he thinks the season is 50/50 at best but said that schools and the NCAA felt we had 3-4 weeks before that had to be decided.

I'm not sure about the 50/50 but whatever the number is it's falling a few points every day.

BTW, the Big 12 contacts have been saying they were going to be patient but that option goes out the window when you lose games due to the other conferences making their announcement. After the ACC goes official the other conferences will have very little choice because the games will have been cancelled regardless of what the Big 12 may want.

BTW, the Big 12 contacts have been saying they were going to be patient but that option goes out the window when you lose games due to the other conferences making their announcement. After the ACC goes official the other conferences will have very little choice because the games will have been cancelled regardless of what the Big 12 may want.

SEC will determine what the Big 12 does
ACC has zero impact.

As of right now both will wait till July 24th

Vernon is spot on concerning the Big 12. You TVZ are just being pompous yet again.

Texas isn't going to put themselves behind recruiting.
Because of recruiting the SEC is the only conference that has an impact on the Big 12

Because the SEC said they will wait until July 24th the Big 12 is with that.
July 24th is when most schools start fall camp.
All about fall camp.

The ACC most certainly has an impact on the other conferences. You have to keep in mind it shifts schedules, TV and most importantly puts more pressure on the other conferences from a liability standpoint.

You can replace those games with CUSA, SunBelt or SEC schools.

You can see changes in schedules in August.
Alabama is already talking about playing TCU. That has been the plan since April.

ACC thinks they can trap ND the reason why they are all for non conference. Forces ND to play an ACC schedule.

So with ACC falling in line with B1G and the PAC to announce soon the SEC and Big 12-2=10 will be forced to fall in line. With only nine games on a schedule the chances of any Big 12 teams in a CFP would be a remote possibility at best. Even Notre Dame will get a pass. The Big 12 is once again in a weak position. In the future why would Oklahoma not move to the B1G or SEC?

I don't know for sure what the SEC is thinking.

The SEC doesn't care about the B1G though. The ACC is trying to make a power move on ND.

B1G doesn't determine anything...
Except their own conference.

July 24th is when teams begin to get ready for fall camp.
If they are there the season starts on time with non conference games.
Simple as that.

So with ACC falling in line with B1G and the PAC to announce soon the SEC and Big 12-2=10 will be forced to fall in line. With only nine games on a schedule the chances of any Big 12 teams in a CFP would be a remote possibility at best. Even Notre Dame will get a pass. The Big 12 is once again in a weak position. In the future why would Oklahoma not move to the B1G or SEC?

Not sure about WV.
Maybe they play Kentucky because of Louisville

But the SEC and Big 12 are talking about Non Conference games
TCU Alabama has already been released a few months ago
Oklahoma State Arkansas
Texas Tech Miss State. Maybe the Return of the Pirate to Lubbock

These games are already scheduled
Baylor Ole Miss already playing in Houston
Texas LSU
Tennessee Oklahoma

Not sure about WV.
Maybe they play Kentucky because of Louisville

But the SEC and Big 12 are talking about Non Conference games
TCU Alabama has already been released a few months ago
Oklahoma State Arkansas
Texas Tech Miss State. Maybe the Return of the Pirate to Lubbock

These games are already scheduled
Baylor Ole Miss already playing in Houston
Texas LSU
Tennessee Oklahoma
Do you ever write a sentence (?) that makes any sense? Or is it always just a jumble of words thrown together?

Do you ever write a sentence (?) that makes any sense? Or is it always just a jumble of words thrown together?

We will all see by July 24th.

Multiple schools in the SEC see zero reason why not to start on time. They are the home to probably the two most conservative universities in the P5. LSU and Texas A&M

Like I said before. Things are going to have to get real bad for some schools to change things.

B1G wants to look like the Ivy League but made the mistake by saying they don't have enough balls to say no sports all together.

Some schools don't care about the Ivy League. They will admit they love football and football is ingrained into their culture.

B1G wants to look like the Ivy League but made the mistake by saying they don't have enough balls to say no sports all together.
Why must you use your jealousy of the B1G, in order to spout out your overall ignorance? A majority of the B1G football coaches, maybe all of them, as well as a majority of the players want to play a full season. The decision by the B1G, was made by far left Presidents and Chancellors of these institutions. Even left winger Jim Harbaugh wants to play the games, so blame your own kind, the far left anti-Trumpers.

Why must you use your jealousy of the B1G, in order to spout out your overall ignorance? A majority of the B1G football coaches, maybe all of them, as well as a majority of the players want to play a full season. The decision by the B1G, was made by far left Presidents and Chancellors of these institutions. Even left winger Jim Harbaugh wants to play the games, so blame your own kind, the far left anti-Trumpers.

I told you a few months ago...

This isn't a surprise.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...2-and-pac-12-stand-on-conference-only-slates/

2020 college football schedules: Where the SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Pac-12 stand on conference-only slates
The Big Ten's decision could start a domino effect throughout the rest of the Power Five conferences

SEC: The SEC had no comment on its future plans when reached by CBS Sports. Missouri athletic director Jim Sterk did tell reporters Thursday that a potential conference-only schedule could be decided upon by late July. It's unclear if that time frame has been accelerated after the Big Ten's announcement.

ACC: The ACC is considering a conference-game only schedule, according to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman. It also plans to work independent Notre Dame into the scheduling format due to its existing affiliation with the conference in football. However, the ACC has not yet come to any formal decision.

Big 12: The Big 12 has not made an announcement about its plans as of Thursday afternoon and appears to be taking the same wait-and-see approach as the SEC. League commissioner Bob Bowlsby told CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd "it's a little early" to make a decision about playing a conference-only schedule.

Pac-12: The Pac-12 will reportedly move to conference-only games for the 2020 season with an announcement expected in the coming days, according to Auerbach.. That would be an obvious decision considering Michigan-Washington in Week 1 and Oregon-Ohio State in Week 2 are two of the biggest nonconference games originally scheduled during the 2020 season.

Thursday was a big day in the world of major college football. The next steps appear to be coming into focus now, and it's hard to imagine other Power Five conferences following the Big Ten's lead.

What I am interested in is...

What about the G5 conferences?

Are they getting too greedy.
There is a chance we have zero G5 vs P5 games to kill off the G5.

Bowling Green AD pretty much complained about this in public

You can replace those games with CUSA, SunBelt or SEC schools.

You can see changes in schedules in August.
Alabama is already talking about playing TCU. That has been the plan since April.

ACC thinks they can trap ND the reason why they are all for non conference. Forces ND to play an ACC schedule.

ACC is foolish. ND will be trapped by nobody. They don't like sharing. Only reason they are associated ACC is the same deal they had with Big East is now with ACC.

Notre Dame would eat it up to play 5 more weaklings from the ACC. But the ACC can not force ND into doing anything.

ND could schedule their extra games with Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State. Worked out between themselves.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ACC is foolish. ND will be trapped by nobody. They don't like sharing. Only reason they are associated ACC is the same deal they had with Big East is now with ACC.

Notre Dame would eat it up to play 5 more weaklings from the ACC. But the ACC can not force ND into doing anything.

ND could schedule their extra games with Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State. Worked out between themselves.

I remember WVU getting screwed out of a Gator Bowl appearance at least once by ND's affiliation with the Big East. Maybe 2002, the year we went to the Continental Tire Bowl in Charlotte? Anywho...don't miss the BE's paychecks and certainly don't miss the quasi-affiliation ND had with the BE.

I remember WVU getting screwed out of a Gator Bowl appearance at least once by ND's affiliation with the Big East. Maybe 2002, the year we went to the Continental Tire Bowl in Charlotte? Anywho...don't miss the BE's paychecks and certainly don't miss the quasi-affiliation ND had with the BE.

I remember well. I don't miss it either.

So with ND playing 6 ACC teams maybe they look to Big12 and SEC for 2 games each. They have Arkansas so 1 more SEC and 2 Big12 teams give them there 10. If I’m Big12 Commish I’m calling ND if I think a delayed season is still possible.

Big Ten doesn’t seem like an option based on what Big Ten Commish said. I’m thinking Big12 has a good chance to grab them for two or three games.

What a loser. Some random dude in his moms basement trolling Vernon. Some geeks never change.

But I was correct...

B1G tried to use the media to create a snowball.

But the Big 12 and SEC said screw that.

Everyone is waiting on the SEC. If you don't see why you are an idiot...

Those 4 ACC schools in SEC states are trying to keep their games.
Big 12 and SEC made a contingency plan in April and May

Different when you are in a state with a SEC school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT