ADVERTISEMENT

That's 3 4-star Recruits for WVU Basketball

KeatonsCorner

All-American
Nov 5, 2012
Ahmad - Consensus 4-star, ESPN top 50 recruit

Bolden - ESPN 4-star, #27 Point Guard

Myers - 24/7 4-star, #2 Shooting Guard, #4 overall JUCO

Yes, on paper and film, they can ball....I am surprised, but pleasantly surprised......
This post was edited on 3/13 10:27 AM by Mtman 69

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Since he arrived, Huggins has recruited an average of 2 4-star guys in each class

2007 - none

2008 - Ebanks, KJ, Truck

2009 - Turk, Jennings, Pepper

2010 - Cottrill, Noreen

2011 - McCune, Hinds

2012 - none

2013 - Macon, Williams

2014 - Miles

2015 - Ahmad, Bolden, Myers

There is a bright future for WVU basketball under Huggins. Experienced coaches, great facilities, tremendous national exposure, and the best conference in the country.

It certainly seems like WVU Basketball is about to go on a really good run. Very exciting times....great work by Huggs and company.

I bet they got the paper stats and the film from .................

what? They can ball on the court.

That is an interesting list

There are four stars and then there are four stars. Hopefully they develop more like 2008 and less like 2009, 2010 and 2011. I like our current players who didn't have much recruiting buzz as well as about anybody we've had.

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:

Louisville has been recruiting Myers as well. Good get for the Mountaineers.

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Since he arrived, Huggins has recruited an average of 2 4-star guys in each class

2007 - none

2008 - Ebanks, KJ, Truck

2009 - Turk, Jennings, Pepper

2010 - Cottrill, Noreen

2011 - McCune, Hinds

2012 - none

2013 - Macon, Williams

2014 - Miles

2015 - Ahmad, Bolden, Myers

Forsythe was a max preps 4 star.

His best recruiting class was 2008 by far even though Ebanks kinda fell into his lap.

The 2015 class has me very excited. The only question is if Meyers will play defense. Actually, all three are the stars on their teams and the stars usually don't put full effort into defense.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm and positive spin to all that is Huggs it is odd that you cherry pick sites to come up with your 4 star theory. Using that method you could make almost any class, of any school for that matter, look good with manipulation of recruiting sites rankings.

Not smacking......just say'n

Not really. There are 4 recruiting sites that hold their weight. Rivals, Scout, ESPN, and 24/7.

If you are a 4-star recruit on one, then you are a 4-star recruit......

Pitino will sign Mulder, who IMO is just as good, with more size.

This post was edited on 3/13 2:41 PM by KeatonsCorner
Mulder at a big 6-4 and sick FG % especially from the arc is the better recruit but I wouldn't turn down Meyers. Always nice to have guys that can create and get there own shot.

All three recruits Huggs has coming in next year can get their own shots.

Bolden and Meyers both have some nasty wiggle with floaters and step backs.

Ahmad is really chill in and around the paint with some nice touch and he uses positioning well. He can already put people on his hip and old man game it with the best of them.

If this staff can get everyone to buy in next year and then get Micah Potter for 2016 plus the WV guards the next couple years show real promise.

ADVERTISEMENT