ADVERTISEMENT

That loss was really tough ...

The Bell Tolls for Thee

All-Conference
Feb 15, 2005
I didn't expect us to win going in, but losing after having a double digit lead late is hard to swallow. The worst part about this is loss is that since the Texas upset of Baylor, WVU and Bears are 5th and 4th in the standings at 10-7. I said it before, but Baylor seems to have our number and I really don't want to open the Big 12 tournament against the Bears.

OU and ISU are at 11-6. ISU has TTU left to play so I doubt they lose stay out of the 4-5 seed fight. OU still has Kansas at home to end the season. If they lose, I think Baylor has the tiebreakers and it'll be OU instead of the bears. If WVU wins against OSU and both OU and Baylor loses, I think WVU has the OU tiebreaker and can rise to 3rd.

If Kansas beats OK, that is who WVU plays in the opening round.

An OK victory, and WVU plays Baylor

That loss was really tough on All B12 Teams ...

KU going down in the Phog would have been fun and made a little bit more of a log jamb for the conference title. We screwed ourselves in Waco and the Little Apple last week so that is our fault but you almost bailed us out in spite of our stumbles.

Someday KU will not win the B12 but not this year.

Well, there's no easy road in the Big XII. Hell, the conference is loaded...... I mean who would you rather play, Kansas, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Baylor, K-State, Okie-State, Texas, TCU, Texas Tech? Everyone of those teams can beat any other team in a given game..... Good Grief my man, it's about competition and this league has got it.

Really good basketball, and teams better come to play, or their ass is going home.
sign0011.r191677.gif

Let's Goooooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!

True, but we match up well against some teams better than others ...

Kansas may be the better team, but I think our players and scheme lends itself better to beating them than say Baylor. You are right in that there is no scenario where WVU does not play a fairly solid team given we can't be a 1-2 seed anymore. The only team that has easily handled WVU twice is the Bears and I fear it wasn't a fluke.

Yep, Rico and the rest of those Baylor Boys give us fits......... I just love playing good competition though, and who the hell knows, maybe the third time will be a charm.
cool0010.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/4 4:14 PM by PaintedontheSky

On the money

Originally posted by PaintedontheSky:

Well, there's no easy road in the Big XII. Hell, the conference is loaded...... I mean who would you rather play, Kansas, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Baylor, K-State, Okie-State, Texas, TCU, Texas Tech? Everyone of those teams can beat any other team in a given game..... Good Grief my man, it's about competition and this league has got it.

Really good basketball, and teams better come to play, or their ass is going home.
sign0011.r191677.gif

Let's Goooooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!

No senior ball-handlers, 3 players foul out and No. 9 team in the country has to overcome an 18-point lead to win in an arena where it hardly every loses. Love it!

[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT