ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You to all vets of every service

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
my dad had signed up to drive one of the landing craft if we had gone forward with the invasion of Japan. He was just 20 and was a wild dog and told my brother and I he thought it would be "kind of fun". They don't make many like my old man anymore

my dad had signed up to drive one of the landing craft if we had gone forward with the invasion of Japan. He was just 20 and was a wild dog and told my brother and I he thought it would be "kind of fun". They don't make many like my old man anymore
Most young people think this way. The armed forces are every bit as good as those in the past. Now, the generals and command staff are a different story.

Reactions: polar80 and Gunny46
Most young people think this way. The armed forces are every bit as good as those in the past. Now, the generals and command staff are a different story.

Too much time being spent on diversity and pronoun training. Need more time spent on Shooting, Moving, and Comminicating.

Too much time being spent on diversity and pronoun training. Need more time spent on Shooting, Moving, and Comminicating.
I just get tired of people thinking the soldiers of WW2 were better. Our troops now have to fight everybody. Phone cameras can record everything, as can sattelites from above. The invasion of Europe took 10 months. We pretty much fought to win. Can you imagine if we carpet bombed Bagdad?

ADVERTISEMENT