ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you President Obama.....

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A new poll released Monday indicated that Americans believe race relations are at their worst in more than two decades.
The CBS News/New York Times poll said 61 percent of Americans characterize race relations in the U.S. as “bad,” including a majority of white and black respondents. The figure is the highest since 1992.
This was also the first time since 1997 that majorities of both white and black Americans believe race relations in the U.S. are poor, the poll said. Opinions among white Americans have grown sharply more negative in the poll even compared with earlier this year – with 62 percent of whites saying race relations are bad compared with just 35 percent in February.
Black respondents have historically had a more negative view than white respondents about race relations, but the level of pessimism is now similar, according to the poll.

(CNN) -- President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor (Henry Louis Gates Jr ) week after a confrontation at the man's home ."I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played," Obama said Wednesday night while taking questions after a White House news conference.
The officer, Sgt. James Crowley, told CNN affiliate WCVB earlier Wednesday that he will not apologize.
"There are not many certainties in life, but it is for certain that Sgt. Crowley will not be apologizing," he said. Crowley wrote in the Cambridge police report that Gates refused to step outside to speak with him, the police report said, and when Crowley told Gates that he was investigating a possible break-in, Gates opened the front door and exclaimed, "Why, because I'm a black man in America?" the report said.
The report said Gates initially refused to show the officer identification, but eventually produced a Harvard identification card, prompting Crowley to radio for Harvard University Police.
"While I was led to believe that Gates was lawfully in the residence, I was quite surprised and confused with the behavior he exhibited toward me," Crowley said, according to the report.

(CNN) -- President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor (Henry Louis Gates Jr ) week after a confrontation at the man's home ."I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played," Obama said Wednesday night while taking questions after a White House news conference.
The officer, Sgt. James Crowley, told CNN affiliate WCVB earlier Wednesday that he will not apologize.
"There are not many certainties in life, but it is for certain that Sgt. Crowley will not be apologizing," he said. Crowley wrote in the Cambridge police report that Gates refused to step outside to speak with him, the police report said, and when Crowley told Gates that he was investigating a possible break-in, Gates opened the front door and exclaimed, "Why, because I'm a black man in America?" the report said.
The report said Gates initially refused to show the officer identification, but eventually produced a Harvard identification card, prompting Crowley to radio for Harvard University Police.
"While I was led to believe that Gates was lawfully in the residence, I was quite surprised and confused with the behavior he exhibited toward me," Crowley said, according to the report.

The only bigger joke than Obama is the slack-jawed morons who laud him.

Reactions: EEResistable
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A new poll released Monday indicated that Americans believe race relations are at their worst in more than two decades.
The CBS News/New York Times poll said 61 percent of Americans characterize race relations in the U.S. as “bad,” including a majority of white and black respondents. The figure is the highest since 1992.
This was also the first time since 1997 that majorities of both white and black Americans believe race relations in the U.S. are poor, the poll said. Opinions among white Americans have grown sharply more negative in the poll even compared with earlier this year – with 62 percent of whites saying race relations are bad compared with just 35 percent in February.
Black respondents have historically had a more negative view than white respondents about race relations, but the level of pessimism is now similar, according to the poll.
Nice (not) how they break these polls down by black and white races. That only fosters a continuance of this bull shit. Well done, media geniuses.

Really? You're blaming this on Obama? Sad.

Not totally, however he had played to the "victim" mentality in the African American community. He has failed to be the uniter we all hoped he would be. Until we have an honest discussion about personal responsibility and stop playing the victim, race relations will only get worse. It's a lot easier to blame someone else then to admit ones shortcomings. I'll give you the same advice that I gave to Whitetail. You may want to travel and spend some time in some cities around this country. You seem to live in a very small world.

No, but I have spent a lot of time in the "hoods" of Baltimore, D.C., L.A., Chicago, Denver, Phila, N.Y. and many other cities. My work in the food business allowed me to visit areas of cities that folks actually lived and worked in. Whats your experience with the "hoods"?

Really? You're blaming this on Obama? Sad.

I think his comments and Eric Holder's actions certainly fanned the flames of discontent. As I have said previously, there is a reason in the previous cases no one was charged and it certainly wasn't for lack of trying by the Justice Department and AG's office. Obama made the same emotionally based responses as did that of the black community. It's just another example in the long line of them of why he was not qualified to hold the office. As a leader you have to operate on factual information and understand what role you play in shaping opinion. You cannot let your emotions cloud your logic for sound rational decision making.

Just wondering. You portray yourself as having special insights on race relations so was just wondering about your experience/qualifications. Blaming the poll results on the prez caused me to wonder if you had a clue. The jury is still out.

Just wondering. You portray yourself as having special insights on race relations so was just wondering about your experience/qualifications. Blaming the poll results on the prez caused me to wonder if you had a clue. The jury is still out.
Use the quote feature. Have no idea if you are talking to me or Bornaneer.

I think his comments and Eric Holder's actions certainly fanned the flames of discontent. As I have said previously, there is a reason in the previous cases no one was charged and it certainly wasn't for lack of trying by the Justice Department and AG's office. Obama made the same emotionally based responses as did that of the black community.

Exactly, if Eric Holder COULD have found a smidgen of wrong doing by the brave and now besmirched Officer Darren Wilson in the Ferguson deal, he would have charged him.

You portray yourself as having special insights on race relations so was just wondering about your experience/qualifications.

The only "special insights" are that I make judgements based on FACTS and not on ideology. My "experience/qualifications" are garnered from actual life experiences and observations. Have you or your family ever been exposed to "racial insults" simply because you happened to ride on a subway or threatened by a "group of thugs" because you dared to question them for jumping the line at an amusement park?

Exactly, if Eric Holder COULD have found a smidgen of wrong doing by the brave and now besmirched Officer Darren Wilson in the Ferguson deal, he would have charged him.

As he (Holder) should have. He should have charged any officer, black or white, if they found any wrongdoing. (FWIW, I believe Darren Wilson defended his life in that instance, and yes I was skeptical at first).

As he (Holder) should have. He should have charged any officer, black or white, if they found any wrongdoing. (FWIW, I believe Darren Wilson defended his life in that instance, and yes I was skeptical at first).

If Wilson was guilty, he should have been arrested. You must have missed my comment when officers jumped and choked Eric Garner in NY.
I commented that the officers SHOULD be charged with murder.

The only "special insights" are that I make judgements based on FACTS and not on ideology. My "experience/qualifications" are garnered from actual life experiences and observations. Have you or your family ever been exposed to "racial insults" simply because you happened to ride on a subway or threatened by a "group of thugs" because you dared to question them for jumping the line at an amusement park?
It sounds like you have an ax to grind with black folks (including the Prez) and that's fine, it's none of my business. Good luck coping.

Moe, why would a black security guard at the University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore tell me NOT to go to a certain street when exiting the hospital? Moe, why would a black policeman in Indianapolis stop my car and tell me to leave the area because it was to dangerous? Moe, why would a black business owner in Los Angeles tell me not to drive to his business because of the danger?. Moe, why would my former black boss and mentor take money out of his wallet and stash it in top of his socks when visiting certain areas of D.C.?

Good luck coping.[/QUOTE]

I actually have zero problems coping. You obviously have led a very sheltered life and are clueless about the real issues. Go stick your head back in the sand and keep chanting the "victim" mantra. Nothing will change, people like you will keep making it worse. Sad, very sad.

Moe, why would a black security guard at the University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore tell me NOT to go to a certain street when exiting the hospital? Moe, why would a black policeman in Indianapolis stop my car and tell me to leave the area because it was to dangerous? Moe, why would a black business owner in Los Angeles tell me not to drive to his business because of the danger?. Moe, why would my former black boss and mentor take money out of his wallet and stash it in top of his socks when visiting certain areas of D.C.?
That's all simply fascinating but what does any of that have to do with you blaming a perceived worsening of race relations on the Prez? I do question the timing/results of polls like this. If we could wait 6 months or a year without another blowup (probably not gonna happen) over a perceived mistreatment of blacks by police, would the poll results still be the same?

That's all simply fascinating but what does any of that have to do with you blaming a perceived worsening of race relations on the Prez? I do question the timing/results of polls like this. If we could wait 6 months or a year without another blowup (probably not gonna happen) over a perceived mistreatment of blacks by police, would the poll results still be the same?

I don't like Obama because he has lied to us so many times. I was actually shocked to see him call the trouble makers in Baltimore "thugs". However several others who used that term quickly back pedaled, why? Because of politics !! People like that are doing a disservice to the vast majority of people who live in those communities. I constantly point out the number of Black lives that are lost in cities around this nation. This is unacceptable by ANY standards.

Good luck coping.

I actually have zero problems coping. You obviously have led a very sheltered life and are clueless about the real issues. Go stick your head back in the sand and keep chanting the "victim" mantra. Nothing will change, people like you will keep making it worse. Sad, very sad.[/QUOTE]
Keep pointing fingers, first at the Prez and now at me!! lol You're right, it's all my fault!!! My bad, America :(

Should he have race pedaled and given his uninformed opinion prior to conducting the investigation?

I actually have zero problems coping. You obviously have led a very sheltered life and are clueless about the real issues. Go stick your head back in the sand and keep chanting the "victim" mantra. Nothing will change, people like you will keep making it worse. Sad, very sad.
Keep pointing fingers, first at the Prez and now at me!! lol You're right, it's all my fault!!! My bad, America :([/QUOTE]

You don't point fingers? I also NEVER said anything was your FAULT. You are powerless and harmless. I did say that you must have led a "very sheltered" life and you were "clueless". And please don't take "making it worse" as your fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT