ADVERTISEMENT

Thank Goodness......Finally ....

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scientists at the University of Manchester have found a surprising global warming culprit – sandwiches. In the first study of its kind, the researchers carried out an in-depth audit of various sandwiches throughout their life cycles and found the triangular meals could be responsible for the equivalent annual carbon emissions of 8.6 million cars in Britain alone.

What the researchers found was that not all sandwiches are created equal and that some varieties have larger carbon footprints than others. The highest footprint was found in premade, prepackaged, all-day-breakfast sandwiches. These contain eggs, bacon, and sausage and are kept packaged and refrigerated until sold and eaten.

By contrast, the smallest footprint is that of a homemade ham and cheese sandwich. Overall, making your sandwiches at home potentially halves the carbon emissions compared to their prepackaged equivalents.

Maybe it's a good thing that they never figured this out a thousand years ago.....The glaciers that covered the Yosemite National Park would still be covering it.

I'm all in if they can duplicate a grilled well aged rib eye steak.

My guess is that it'll be a long time before they get that good. You gotta walk before you can run and they're barely able to walk at this point. But one thing history tells us is that technology goes forwards, not backwards. To quote a clever line I once heard Henry Rollins say, "Everything is coming. All you have to do is wait."

My guess is that it'll be a long time before they get that good. You gotta walk before you can run and they're barely able to walk at this point. But one thing history tells us is that technology goes forwards, not backwards. To quote a clever line I once heard Henry Rollins say, "Everything is coming. All you have to do is wait."
I used to do a lot of business with Cargill. They are big in the cattle feeding business, beef processing ,case-ready packaging and are the second-largest fed beef processor in North America and the largest supplier of ground beef in the world.
I'm surprised they are getting into this.....they must see a future for it.

Fake meat again? You’re killing me smalls

Again? I post about it once every few months. Meanwhile lots of people here post about politics a million times every day. The only reason it stands out when I post about it is because nobody else ever posts about it. Tell your friends and they'll think you're crazy and then in a few years when it starts to make it into restaurants and stores you can say to them "See, I told you so."

Fake crab meat has been a huge business around the world and in the U.S. for many years. It's base is made from many kinds of fish. Tons of meat tasting tofu products are also consumed daily.

Scientists at the University of Manchester have found a surprising global warming culprit – sandwiches. In the first study of its kind, the researchers carried out an in-depth audit of various sandwiches throughout their life cycles and found the triangular meals could be responsible for the equivalent annual carbon emissions of 8.6 million cars in Britain alone.

What the researchers found was that not all sandwiches are created equal and that some varieties have larger carbon footprints than others. The highest footprint was found in premade, prepackaged, all-day-breakfast sandwiches. These contain eggs, bacon, and sausage and are kept packaged and refrigerated until sold and eaten.

By contrast, the smallest footprint is that of a homemade ham and cheese sandwich. Overall, making your sandwiches at home potentially halves the carbon emissions compared to their prepackaged equivalents.
What a pile of crap and nonsense. Either faulty research by a pseudo scientist or a total joke or something from a research paper taken out of context by the reporter (more fake news). Doubt this appears in a peer reviewed, respected scientific journal.

What a pile of crap and nonsense. Either faulty research by a pseudo scientist or a total joke or something from a research paper taken out of context by the reporter (more fake news). Doubt this appears in a peer reviewed, respected scientific journal.
It is a pile of crap......I think you are aware of who is pushing this agenda......Maybe our friend Al can make few bucks on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT