ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Allen averaging 32 pts and 7 rebounds per game

That's nice but I can't help wonder what that gets him in the long run. He's doing well in BB and for the next couple years he's the BMO whatever C he's on, but what happens after that? Hopefully he's getting an education but even if so, he ends up at 22-23 with a degree, maybe in a field that doesn't do any good or maybe he's so into being BMOC that he's more into that than getting an education and goes after the easiest major.

I don't know, maybe I'm all wrong and in the long run this is all good for him, but does averaging 31.8 ppg at Western Nebraska when you're 20 do anything for you when you're 30 or 40 or 50? I don't know. For his sake I hope so, but I don't know.

Wish he'd stayed...

What a team that would be.

Harler would even be a star against that competiton
Anyone who steps onto the court at WVU would put up 25+ PPG on that team.

You all can lov or hate anyone you like,
but Teddy can play.

I guess the 59 points
In a 3 game stretch,
1 game vs Oklahoma wasn't impressive.

As the Teddy memory fades.

You all can lov or hate anyone you like,
but Teddy can play.

I guess the 59 points
In a 3 game stretch,
1 game vs Oklahoma wasn't impressive.

As the Teddy memory fades.

So could Drew Schafino and Eron Harris to a degree. However they couldn't play on the WVU team for whatever reason. Just being able to play doesn't mean you are a net benefit to the team.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So could Drew Schafino and Eron Harris to a degree. However they couldn't play on the WVU team for whatever reason. Just being able to play doesn't mean you are a net benefit to the team.

Well said, very well said

Lov me some Drew Schafino
(Beilein purge).

Got it, thanks

Just checked, Drew Schafino stats were
45% and 21 ppg,
2nd season at WVU.
(15 ppg for 3 seasons, over 40% shooting).

In unique talent example, I personally
don't think the coach gets "a pass".

Can't we all just get along.

Last edited:
For the record Harler wasnt even the best player on his WV class A high school team and choked away 2 straight title games, the end of last one is the best example of what he is as a player

That's nice but I can't help wonder what that gets him in the long run. He's doing well in BB and for the next couple years he's the BMO whatever C he's on, but what happens after that? Hopefully he's getting an education but even if so, he ends up at 22-23 with a degree, maybe in a field that doesn't do any good or maybe he's so into being BMOC that he's more into that than getting an education and goes after the easiest major.

I don't know, maybe I'm all wrong and in the long run this is all good for him, but does averaging 31.8 ppg at Western Nebraska when you're 20 do anything for you when you're 30 or 40 or 50? I don't know. For his sake I hope so, but I don't know.

He played his freshman year at WVU and is playing his sophomore year at a junior college. I assume he’ll graduate this year and also assume he’ll need to move on to a 4-year school. His redshirt year would have been at Wichita State.

I could see him playing pro ball internationally after college.

He played his freshman year at WVU and is playing his sophomore year at a junior college. I assume he’ll graduate this year and also assume he’ll need to move on to a 4-year school. His redshirt year would have been at Wichita State.

I could see him playing pro ball internationally after college.

I'm not sure he can handle international play or any other. He has a disorder. Possibly Intermittent explosive disorder. (IED)

Intermittent explosive disorder involves repeated, sudden episodes of impulsive, aggressive, violent behavior or angry verbal outbursts in which you react grossly out of proportion to the situation

The symptoms of intermittent explosive disorder oftentimes directly mirror symptoms of various other disorders. Some of the most common mental disorders that co-occur with IED can include:
  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Conduct disorder
  • Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Anxiety disorders
  • Depressive disorders
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
I hope he has gotten the proper medical help and a Psychiatrist

Mayo Clinic is a good research web site but not a place to make a diagnosis on yourself or another.

I'm not sure he can handle international play or any other. He has a disorder. Possibly Intermittent explosive disorder. (IED)

Intermittent explosive disorder involves repeated, sudden episodes of impulsive, aggressive, violent behavior or angry verbal outbursts in which you react grossly out of proportion to the situation

The symptoms of intermittent explosive disorder oftentimes directly mirror symptoms of various other disorders. Some of the most common mental disorders that co-occur with IED can include:
  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Conduct disorder
  • Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Anxiety disorders
  • Depressive disorders
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
I hope he has gotten the proper medical help and a Psychiatrist

Mayo Clinic is a good research web site but not a place to make a diagnosis on yourself or another.

You might be getting a little ahead of yourself with the psychoanalysis, unless you’re a licensed professional, and even then, I would be surprised if you had actually diagnosed and treated him.

You might be getting a little ahead of yourself with the psychoanalysis, unless you’re a licensed professional, and even then, I would be surprised if you had actually diagnosed and treated him.

It's apparent you didn't read the entire post.

I do wish him well. Not sure if whatever is going on can be treated with medication or not.

But he has a 90% Free Throw average. Over the last three games he has made 32 of 34. Just saying. Ha! Ha!

I do wish him well. Not sure if whatever is going on can be treated with medication or not.

But he has a 90% Free Throw average. Over the last three games he has made 32 of 34. Just saying. Ha! Ha!

Where is Teddy?

I don’t understand our fans not wishing him the best or even wishing him well. I understand he has/had issues. He is a talented player.

I don’t understand our fans not wishing him the best or even wishing him well. I understand he has/had issues. He is a talented player.

I still don't understand how
West Virginia let him go
and benching Teddy after 59 points in 3 games (1 vs Oklahoma).

It's my feeling,
if Teddy Allen had mental issues, and had been a football player (as an example), Neal Brown would have dealt with him on a professional level.

Did we ever confirm Teddy entered the transfer portal because Huggs let him go or cut him? I just always figured Teddy didnt think the system here was the best for him and decided to move on on his own.

Either way I wish him the best and would be happy if he were still here. Ive never heard anything but fan speculation about a mental illness and wouldnt mind some kind of link. All I heard was there was a domestic incident that was eventually dropped.

If he only knew how to keep from popping off his head at anyone who tried to help him.

Yea, I agree. And I am not making excuses for him. Some of the stuff we heard he did was pretty bad.

Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

If there's a player you need to put on your list its Teddy Allen. The freshman scored in double figures 11 times. The 6'5 forward is really good around the basket.

Teddy Allen and Bob Huggins destined to fail. The freshman from Boys Town was volatile.

When Allen busted out with 20 points against Trae Young and Oklahoma, he showed he could play at the highest level.

Teddy Allen doesn't like a coach that rides his butt. Teddy Is a high risk/high reward type of player.

So I suggest the current coach not ride his butt then Teddy will be just fine.

Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

If there's a player you need to put on your list its Teddy Allen. The freshman scored in double figures 11 times. The 6'5 forward is really good around the basket.

Teddy Allen and Bob Huggins destined to fail. The freshman from Boys Town was volatile.

When Allen busted out with 20 points against Trae Young and Oklahoma, he showed he could play at the highest level.

Teddy Allen doesn't like a coach that rides his butt. Teddy Is a high risk/high reward type of player.

So I suggest the current coach not ride his butt then Teddy will be just fine.

Really well said.

One thought and always will be
is Huggins ability to managing young
players. Huggins dealing with
Teddy and smothering McCabe.

Last edited:
Really well said.

One thought and always will be
is Huggins ability to managing young
players. Huggins dealing with
Teddy and smothering McCabe.

I think Huggins has more trouble dealing with troubled players than anything else.

Let's say, because I do not know this for sure, Teddy has no emotional intelligence. Like being easily offended, or has emotional outbursts.

Now contrast that person with someone who is strong headed and stubborn type of do it my way or else. Which is what 80% of all coaches in college have. This might be why many college coaches have problems being NBA coaches in my opinion.

Teddy needs someone who is high on emotional intelligence is good at reading others emotions, understanding how another person feels, recognizing and expressing her/his own emotions, and controlling one's emotional expression. This is the type of coach that is needed for him.

He wasn't going to get that at Wichita State or WVU.

I think Huggins has more trouble dealing with troubled players than anything else.

Let's say, because I do not know this for sure, Teddy has no emotional intelligence. Like being easily offended, or has emotional outbursts.

Now contrast that person with someone who is strong headed and stubborn type of do it my way or else. Which is what 80% of all coaches in college have. This might be why many college coaches have problems being NBA coaches in my opinion.

Teddy needs someone who is high on emotional intelligence is good at reading others emotions, understanding how another person feels, recognizing and expressing her/his own emotions, and controlling one's emotional expression. This is the type of coach that is needed for him.

He wasn't going to get that at Wichita State or WVU.

I guess we'll see if he's
G-League material. Teddy

ADVERTISEMENT