ADVERTISEMENT

Tech is 5 pt favorite.....

Me too. It's early in the year and the bookies don't know the teams that well (not as well as they do later in the year). VT is starting a red-shirt freshman at QB with a lot of new people on offense. I don't mean to sound like I am taking them lightly but I didn't expect to be a 5 pt dog. I know we have some new faces on defense but I expect Gibson to have them ready. I hope our offense clicks like I expect it to. With three really good running backs and a bunch of talented receivers, I expect our offense to put up some impressive numbers.

I'm a little surprised.
We lost a LOT of production. Of course we think the replacements will, in some cases, be much, much better but that doesn't really hold water for national "experts", etc.

From a far above view they see that we lost our starting RB, QB, WR, Center, etc on offense. Most of those starters were multi-year starters.

Also, fu*k VT.

Reactions: EEResistable
To be honest, I'm a little surprised we are a top 25 team right now. Lost our QB, Shorts, Gibson, All-American center, starting LT, starting guards, ENTIRE d-line, 2 of 3 backers, 3 of 5 in the secondary. Even as I write that....it doesn't seem right, because that's a LOT of losses. Askew-Henry and Grier shouldn't warrant that type of preseason ranking. Honestly.

Think it might have something to do with that top 25 match up 1st week of the season? Or else, Holgs (and Gibby) are getting a massive amount of respect.

Oh....and also....fu*k VT! Right on Coop

I'm a little surprised.
Playing in Va, Tech has a lot coming back, we are unknown right now, they are unknown on offense and have an excellent kicking game. special teams are theirs. Add that up, you get them favorite. The key is TO's, field position which relates to the kicking game. QB play will be the difference for us. Grier has to be head and shoulders better than their QB

Me too. It's early in the year and the bookies don't know the teams that well (not as well as they do later in the year). VT is starting a red-shirt freshman at QB with a lot of new people on offense. I don't mean to sound like I am taking them lightly but I didn't expect to be a 5 pt dog. I know we have some new faces on defense but I expect Gibson to have them ready. I hope our offense clicks like I expect it to. With three really good running backs and a bunch of talented receivers, I expect our offense to put up some impressive numbers.
Dog is A-OK with me...maybe it's just my perception but WVU usually tends to show up to play in that role vs fave...
With you on the O...this crew could put up massive numbers this yr...let's hope they come out firing on all cylinders and stay consistent through the game!

Reactions: countryroads89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT