ADVERTISEMENT

Talk to me about Blackstone grills

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
I've always thought about getting a Blackstone and it looks like it's time to replace my gas grill and I'm leaning toward doing with Blackstone. Pros and cons from those of you that have one?

A close friend of mine has one and uses it on the weekend when he’s home from work and loves the grill. I would like to eventually purchase one. I found a good channel that shows off the grill cooking multiple things. Keep everyone updated on if you buy one and what all you cook on it.

Reactions: Vernon
I've always thought about getting a Blackstone and it looks like it's time to replace my gas grill and I'm leaning toward doing with Blackstone. Pros and cons from those of you that have one?

I bought one in May when I realized it was going to be a summer spent mostly at home. I've gotten a ton of use out of it, mainly large family breakfasts and brunch. I can put down two packages of bacon at once, then hashbrowns, eggs, frenchtoast, ect....breakfast for 20 incredibly easily and fast. Super easy clean up, just let it burn, then scrap.

I also use it for gourmet sandwich melts, reuben sandwiches, quesadillas, stuff like that - use a weighted grill press and they make fantastic grilled sandwiches. Smashburgers turn out very good on it.

It didn't replace my gas grill. I have a Weber Genesis and the Blackstone. I still like using the Weber for burgers and dogs, steaks, chicken breast..

Last edited:

I was just at Sams Club this morning and they were running a sale on their Members Mark Flat Top grill, for I believe $179...seemed very comparible to the Blackstone, but I didnt check the specs

Last edited:
Reactions: Vernon
I was just at Sams Club this morning and they were running a sale on their Members Mark Flat Top grill, for I believe $179...seemed very comparible to the Blackstone, but I didnt check the specs

Probably a pretty decent chance the Members Mark is manufactured/furnished by Blackstone......I can also see why someone who likes to make (in particular) breakfast would find this kind of appliance to be particularly appealing. Admittedly, that's not something I myself am looking to do (though perhaps I'd be more likely to do it if I had a flat-top).

That said......and not in trying to compare the two directly.......in evaluating a possible outdoor addition to my traditional gas grill, I wonder if I'd get greater use out of a flat-top or a pellet grill (which admittedly are not generally price comparable).

Sam's buys all of their grills from China or Taiwan manufacturers. I had looked it up years ago prior to switching from Sam's to Costco. It's possible the Member's Mark is a Blackstone product, since those are manufactured there as well. Hard to tell though, but it's easy to compare by looking up specifications online of each product.

Sam's buys all of their grills from China or Taiwan manufacturers. I had looked it up years ago prior to switching from Sam's to Costco. It's possible the Member's Mark is a Blackstone product, since those are manufactured there as well. Hard to tell though, but it's easy to compare by looking up specifications online of each product.

Grand Hall Manufacturing of Taiwan, I looked it up.

Close to the same. So much so the names appear to be the only difference. Best hamburgers come off of a flat top.

I got the 22” portable one and a vevor portable cooking station. I also got the adapter to use a regular sized propane tank for the black stone. I was able to set everything up in like 5 minutes. The black stone is so much easier to clean than a grill and everything packs easily into the back of my Ford Ranger. That along with a 65qt. Catergator cooler filled made it the easiest tailgate I’ve ever had. I highly recommend all of these items.

I got the 22” portable one and a vevor portable cooking station. I also got the adapter to use a regular sized propane tank for the black stone. I was able to set everything up in like 5 minutes. The black stone is so much easier to clean than a grill and everything packs easily into the back of my Ford Ranger. That along with a 65qt. Catergator cooler filled made it the easiest tailgate I’ve ever had. I highly recommend all of these items.

They are definitely easy to clean. My only problem with my Blackstone is cooking things I'd rather grill than griddle. Thar isn't much but it is my only complaint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT