ADVERTISEMENT

Sympathy card for Huggins

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Sags' loss for the season is piling on the misery.

I have nothing but sympathy for Huggins.

A future Hall of Fame coach with a proven track record for excellence and he’s stuck with this boatload of guys who can’t get out of their own way.

It’s not that they aren’t trying. It’s that their performance is trying to watch.

But I’ll stick with them, even if they lose every damn game left.

They are my alma mater and I’m loyal.

Poor Bob.

And I wish Sags well for his basketball future ... probably in Europe.

Reactions: RAK

A future Hall of Fame coach with a proven track record for excellence and he’s stuck with this boatload of guys who can’t get out of their own way.

It’s not that they aren’t trying. It’s that their performance is trying to watch.

Poor Bob.

The only problem with this squad is that there isn't one. All of the players have talent but as is so common in this day in collegiate sports, each thinks they are everything and everything should be handed to them by everyone. In olden times a hardnosed coach would drop the hammer on these prima donnas but the age has changed and perhaps, Bob hasn't changed enough to keep pace.

Bob will eventually get the ship righted but not before the heart of Big-12 play and this season will be one of lessons and not wins. Bob is going to have to start that "talk" with himself that perhaps his time to retire has come. I believe there is a lot left in Bob to provide but his recruits have been chequered, with few solid players worthy of the uniform.

Reactions: sccolaEER
Sags is a big blow but maybe bigger issue is lack of ball handlers. Huggs knew 2 yrs ago he would lose his starting guards. Now look at his recruits and ask “is that poor recruiting”, or is it our coaches total lack of ability to train up, or is it stubbornness to adapt style of play to fit the players they recruited?

he’s stuck with this boatload of guys who can’t get out of their own way.

OK FakeSportsWriter...who recruited, developed and coaches "this boatload of guys who can't get out of their own way"? Let me say this too you slowly so you can grasp it...these are Huggs players. He chose them. Win or lose it is his responsibility...and job.

Reactions: 5-Technique

Poor Bob.

He asked them all to play for him, so whoever he gets stuck with is by his own design.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Poor Bob.

Uhhhh..... and who recruited these players? That same Poor Bob!

Broken record. Jealousy is a terrible thing. It eats at the heart of the one with the green-eyed monster inside him. I'll pray for you

First, I understand how you could be jealous but don't be. I understand also how it must eat at you...don't let it.

As far as praying....it is good to see that you now believe. Several of us on this forum have been of some good to you I guess.

But, I do have a question. Truly. Do you use two computers since you post on one forum (hello there Tallmadgeers) within two minutes of posting here. Quick work for a FakeSportsWriter.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
ADVERTISEMENT