ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Summer view: What’s the latest at QB for WVU?

I will feel a lot better if I knew for sure Allison is very good. He’s a big mystery to many. Hopefully he’s very good and developing nicely. He came to us young. Hope staff is brining him along. We need him to be ready. Great to hear good things about Lowe. Lowe and Allison need to be good to compete to replace Grier next year. Big battle.

Story doesn't make me feel better at all. As we saw last season the Mountaineers are one play and one injury away from disaster at the most important position on the field. The failure of bozo the HC to recruit, develop and retain quality QBs continues to be the weak spot. Have to laugh at the Allison comments. Think about it? Grier gets a jammed thumb etc and Allison takes the control....now that leaves you with one, unproven, spanking brand new, kid as the backup. Wow. Major programs that desire to be more middle of the pack forever need more from a HC. Depth at the QB position is most critical. Just sayin'

Story doesn't make me feel better at all. As we saw last season the Mountaineers are one play and one injury away from disaster at the most important position on the field. The failure of bozo the HC to recruit, develop and retain quality QBs continues to be the weak spot. Have to laugh at the Allison comments. Think about it? Grier gets a jammed thumb etc and Allison takes the control....now that leaves you with one, unproven, spanking brand new, kid as the backup. Wow. Major programs that desire to be more middle of the pack forever need more from a HC. Depth at the QB position is most critical. Just sayin'

you're trying too hard......

tell me about Clemson's QB depth and their experience

Why not just be honest and type "I'm just here to call Dana a bozo"

"The failure of bozo the HC to recruit, develop and retain quality QBs continues to be the weak spot."

2011 - Top 5 QB in CFB
2012 - Top 5 QB in CFB
2014 - Top 10 QB in CFB before injury. Duo of Trickett and Howard ranked #4 in CFB in passing
2015 - Top 50 QB ( Top 20 running attack)
2016 - Top 30 QB ( Top 20 running attack)
2017 - Top 25 QB despite missing 3 games. Duo of Grier and Chugunov ranked #13th in CFB in passing

try.harder.to.be.negative

Damn straight. We may likely have the best qb in nation and he’s complaining about who the backup is. His agenda is to hate HCDH no matter what. The incessant negativity does nothing to help our program. But hey Root, congrats on your brave stance in refusing to accept mediocrity.

you're trying too hard......

tell me about Clemson's QB depth and their experience

Why not just be honest and type "I'm just here to call Dana a bozo"

He’s correct. Dana has not been good at attracting good QBs until Grier fell into his lap. High school QBs have struggled under Dana.

Keatoncorner will Lowe break the curse?

I call BS. So Dana takes all the blame when a qb signed to wvu isn’t a success but when he signs what may be the best qb in nation for this year he doesn’t get credit. Ask Chad Grier if will just fell into Dana’s lap. Chad Grier confirmed that Dana successfully sold the Griers on wvu. Dana’s meeting with Will is why he chose wvu. He could’ve gone almost anywhere.

http://www.bluegoldsports.com/will-...e-changes-as-he-readies-to-lead-mountaineers/

He’s correct. Dana has not been good at attracting good QBs until Grier fell into his lap. High school QBs have struggled under Dana.

Now children...hate to burst your wonderland bubble, but...Grier was a transfer...one that was trying to get over a big misstep at Florida. Howard was a transfer...with results to match (and I liked the guy). Trickett was guess what...a transfer. Meanwhile high school recruits at the position have passed through the DH system like water through a garden hose. My point stands. And, by the way, if Grier goes down then he will probably be replaced by Allison who is....a transfer! LOL

Rootmaster the board is like fake news CNN. They can’t accept reality. They live in there head.

Rootmaster is telling the 100% reality here. I do it all the time and they start getting CNN fake news.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Dana also recruited Chavas Rawlins and Will Crest. What was your take or I mean WVUder/WVUUSA's take on them?

Just more QBs that couldn’t develop or fit under Dana. Will Lowe be the first????

The QB with the most passing yards in WVU history did so under his watch. He also takes a QB every year but doesn't use a different one every year. Its called creating competition. You wouldn't know that because you've got the dumbest poster wrapped up....

ADVERTISEMENT