ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid kick at end of 1st half cost OU the game

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
I still don't know why they didn't just kick the ball OB. Six seconds left in half.

Either a bonehead move by the coach or the kicker just screwed up. Either way, that was the difference in the game. 31-14 at half, would have had ball in second half. UGa hadn't stopped them the entire game. Just a total screw up there.

The Big XII doesn't need OU to win another NC.
The conference needs Texas.
Everyone will get their wish in the next couple of years.
Most likely 2019-2020 bowl season.

I still don't know why they didn't just kick the ball OB. Six seconds left in half.

Either a bonehead move by the coach or the kicker just screwed up. Either way, that was the difference in the game. 31-14 at half, would have had ball in second half. UGa hadn't stopped them the entire game. Just a total screw up there.

Or Mayfield sailing his pass into the waiting arms of the DB who returned the pick down to about the 5 yard line.

The verdict is still out on Herman. I have my doubts.

He has already equaled Mack Brown in recruiting in one year as Texas has pretty much taken all the Top in state recruits for themselves.

The second part is that he has allowed the program to develop the identify of a Texan. You saw this against Missouri if you watched the bowl. It was exhibited throughout the season. These aren't your DKR's Texas Longhorns. They are Trill.

Lastly and more importantly Herman is an amazing X's and O's guy. When Meyer went to Ohio State he wanted to run what he did at Florida but Herman saw the great OL out of the Midwest and changed the spread to fit Ohio's OL. Since Herman left no OC has came close to equal what Herman did in 2014. If Herman didn't leave Ohio State may have won the last three out of four NC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT