ADVERTISEMENT

Still think Georgia is better than Alabama?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
College Football Pretzel committee got it wrong again, putting Georgia ahead of Alabama.

Now watch the CFP try to figure a way to get Ohio State into the national playoffs .... again!

Why do we even bother to play the games. Just let the committee announce the 4 teams in August and save a lot of meaningless guesswork.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34

T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 24-31

A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg

I nvincible to inept, nipped Baylor, 38-36

N oxious offense deadly vs. Oklahoma State, 39-50

E arly lead behind offense, defense; survived Iowa State, 20-16

E ers on both sides of the ball beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

The committee has to justify their jobs somehow. That means going against the blatantly obvious.

Alabama is losing at the moment.
Temporary inconvenience. Wait till the final horn.

While we're at it, remember that I had Miami in the Final Four BEFORE this week's game and Notre Dame NOT anywhere that high.

I will repeat what else I said before this week's games: ANY Power 5 team that finishes unbeaten belongs in the Final Four. That includes Wisconsin, although I still doubt the Badgers can win out.

And, yes, I'm exhilarated that my alma mater survived another Big 12 donnybrook. Defense was awesome when it counted, when Kansas State got in the Red Zone, or even when the WVU offense gave the Wildcats the ball at or near the 50. I think the defense gave up like 6 points in 7 times that K-State had the short field.

It will be an interesting Tuesday for the College Football Pretzel committee. I suspect Oklahoma might be mentioned unless there's a total collapse against TCU. And Miami unless Notre Dame pulls off a miracle.

Sooner or later, the CFP committee will have to accept my rankings or look more and more foolish. But the night isn't over yet.

SEE????

While we're at it, remember that I had Miami in the Final Four BEFORE this week's game and Notre Dame NOT anywhere that high.

I will repeat what else I said before this week's games: ANY Power 5 team that finishes unbeaten belongs in the Final Four. That includes Wisconsin, although I still doubt the Badgers can win out.

And, yes, I'm exhilarated that my alma mater survived another Big 12 donnybrook. Defense was awesome when it counted, when Kansas State got in the Red Zone, or even when the WVU offense gave the Wildcats the ball at or near the 50. I think the defense gave up like 6 points in 7 times that K-State had the short field.

It will be an interesting Tuesday for the College Football Pretzel committee. I suspect Oklahoma might be mentioned unless there's a total collapse against TCU. And Miami unless Notre Dame pulls off a miracle.

Sooner or later, the CFP committee will have to accept my rankings or look more and more foolish. But the night isn't over yet.

When Ohio St finishes 8th or 10th or whatever the hell they end up, I'll see if you come on here and admit you were wrong.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson (should not be top 4 with loss to SU)
3. Oklahoma
4. Miami
5. Wisconsin
6. Georgia
7. Auburn
8. Ohio State
9. Notre Dame
10.USC

1. Alabama
2. Clemson (should not be top 4 with loss to SU)
3. Oklahoma
4. Miami
5. Wisconsin
6. Georgia
7. Auburn
8. Ohio State
9. Notre Dame
10.USC

We have same top 4 teams but in a different order (see my other thread on CFB rankings), so it doesn't matter because once they get in they can prove #1, #2, etc.

1. Mine:
    Alabama
    Miami

Oklahoma
    Clemson
    Wisconsin
    Auburn
    Notre Dame
    Washington
    Ohio State

Wisconsin’s schedule is a disgrace. They don’t deserve anything! Will they make by beating an average Michigan team and a good Ohio State game? Yep

When Ohio St finishes 8th or 10th or whatever the hell they end up, I'll see if you come on here and admit you were wrong.

He'd still be wrong if they don't make it in too...

Remember? He's the main arguer for "Win the league and get in!"

He will flip flop on that though because it is Ohio St....... And he hates his neighbors or something who are Ohio St fans....

Fact is, a 2 loss team at best is going to win the Pac12, and it is likely a 2-loss team is going to win the Big10 and the Big12 (after we beat OK of course)...... ND has two losses as well. Someone with 2 losses is going to make it in more than likely and it will be Ohio St once they win their league

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
He'd still be wrong if they don't make it in too...

Remember? He's the main arguer for "Win the league and get in!"

He will flip flop on that though because it is Ohio St....... And he hates his neighbors or something who are Ohio St fans....

Fact is, a 2 loss team at best is going to win the Pac12, and it is likely a 2-loss team is going to win the Big10 and the Big12 (after we beat OK of course)...... ND has two losses as well. Someone with 2 losses is going to make it in more than likely and it will be Ohio St once they win their league
Maybe, but it hasn't happened in the 3 previous national playoffs. We are down to 6 teams with 1 or 0 losses already.

Also, I said every unbeaten Power 5 conference champ should be in, not every conference champ. Even the math challenged knows that can't happen in any year with 5 conferences and 4 playoff spots. You disagree with that?

If there are fewer than 4 teams with 0 or 1 loss, then obviously the committee and I will be forced to name a 2-loss team. But that hasn't happened yet.

And we both know that college football is ..... say it together with me ... predictably unpredictable.

I am consistent. You just don't understand my brilliance. But I appreciate that your constant attention is a way of showing homage to me. Thank you,.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

E xcellent defense, eventually offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Reactions: Phil
By the way, notice that the CFP committee has the same 4 teams that I named BEFORE the writers and coaches polls came out, and the same 6 teams that I named.

You're welcome.

Alabama still has Auburn. Winner plays Georgia. 1 of those 3 get in.
Clemson plays Miami. IMO loser is out winner is in.
OU and Wisconsin both have to win out and they are in.

There is still a lot of football to be played. There are about five teams that can throw a monkey wrench in everything
WVU-if they beat OU-the B12 might be out
Michigan-If they beat Wisky and tOSU then the B1G will be out
Stanford-if they beat ND
USCeast-if they beat Clemson
Pitt-if they beat Miami
Then you have the Auburn/Bama game

You know at least one and probably two of the above are going to happen

There is still a lot of football to be played. There are about five teams that can throw a monkey wrench in everything
WVU-if they beat OU-the B12 might be out
Michigan-If they beat Wisky and tOSU then the B1G will be out
Stanford-if they beat ND
USCeast-if they beat Clemson
Pitt-if they beat Miami
Then you have the Auburn/Bama game

You know at least one and probably two of the above are going to happen
Which is why college football is so much more fun to watch than any other level or any other sport. You just don't know till the smoke clears from the final conference title games. Even then, we debate over the winter about whether the CFB playoff committee made the right choices.

E xcellent defense, eventually offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

ADVERTISEMENT