ADVERTISEMENT

Still don't know how good

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
This team really is....

With Tejas and Baylor looming on the horizon, we'll soon have answers.

Oh and to be honest, the VT game was a lot closer than it should have been... And yes I know what that final score was, but watch the game in its entirety.... through three and a a half quarters, a bad VT team gave us a run for our money.

This team really is....

Oh and to be honest, the VT game was a lot closer than it should have been... And yes I know what that final score was, but watch the game in its entirety.... through three and a a half quarters, a bad VT team gave us a run for our money.
You saw something different. I saw a WVU team doing everything it could to keep Virginia Tech in it. We were inside the 20 three times and settled for field goals due to dropped passes and a couple overthrown. We won by 23 points when it could’ve been by 35 points. Look at the stats. It wasn’t close at all.

This team really is....

To be honest you were probably drunk. Game was dominated by WVU offensively and defensively.

Now as far as beating Texas I would say it's not likely but also not impossible. Look for Texas to be favored by 10 to 14 points.

Baylor has never won in Morgantown but they might be favored to win this time. WVU is looking at a difficult time getting to 6-6 on the season. But I like to let the games play out 1 at time. But Brown is going to be here at least until 2024. So you might as well move on and be a turd fan or cheer for WVU while we wait and see Browns future.

To be honest you were probably drunk. Game was dominated by WVU offensively and defensively.

Now as far as beating Texas I would say it's not likely but also not impossible. Look for Texas to be favored by 10 to 14 points.

Baylor has never won in Morgantown but they might be favored to win this time. WVU is looking at a difficult time getting to 6-6 on the season. But I like to let the games play out 1 at time. But Brown is going to be here at least until 2024. So you might as well move on and be a turd fan or cheer for WVU while we wait and see Browns future.
We may not be favored in any of the next three games but I think we have a decent chance of winning 2 out of the next 3. Not sure we would be double digit underdogs against Texas. I think we will beat Baylor. Its not a guarantee but I have seen the bears play a few times and haven't really been all that impressed with them. Like you said they have never won in Morgantown and I don't think this is the year they do.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
You saw something different. I saw a WVU team doing everything it could to keep Virginia Tech in it. We were inside the 20 three times and settled for field goals due to dropped passes and a couple overthrown. We won by 23 points when it could’ve been by 35 points. Look at the stats. It wasn’t close at all.

WVU certainly shot themselves in the foot, but so did VT. At least 3 times VT guys were wide open for touchdowns but the VT QB pulled a Doege. I think there is concern that WVU again fails to execute when it matters most and that the worst team on the schedule aside from Towson was kept within striking distance for over 75% of the game. Given how bad VT is this year, I agree with OP that a positive outcome does not necessarily mean the team is on an upward trajectory. Next 2 games will be where we can really learn what thus team has got.

Once again. Game was never in doubt. People's hate of Brown is affecting their mind set. Complaining over a 33-10 victory. Just down right stupid.

Does this mean they win out. Far from it. For all I know they lose the rest. But the game at VT was never in doubt and that was with Daniels having a bad game. A bad game and was still 20 of 30 for 203 yards.

Only 6 Penalties for WVU. That was huge as they have been far less disciplined than that. A 20-3 second half. A drive with 1 minute to go in first half for a TD.

You people should just jump off a ****ing building. And no these attitudes of fans after a blowout win over a rival are not opinions. Especially after listening to all the bullshit about Va. Tech plays us tough no matter the records. It's a rival game. It's in their house no way we will pull out a victory. Guess what? Blowout 33-10.

Is Brown a great coach? So far he has shown nothing of such. But unfortunate for you haters Brown will probably be here another year or 2 due to a huge buyout.

I've said my peace. I will celebrate this win until the Texas game which could get ugly for WVU. The rest of you can wallow in your self pity until then.

Daniels, defense lead West Virginia past Virginia Tech 33-10

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Once again. Game was never in doubt. People's hate of Brown is affecting their mind set. Complaining over a 33-10 victory. Just down right stupid.

Does this mean they win out. Far from it. For all I know they lose the rest. But the game at VT was never in doubt and that was with Daniels having a bad game. A bad game and was still 20 of 30 for 203 yards.

Only 6 Penalties for WVU. That was huge as they have been far less disciplined than that. A 20-3 second half. A drive with 1 minute to go in first half for a TD.

You people should just jump off a ****ing building. And no these attitudes of fans after a blowout win over a rival are not opinions. Especially after listening to all the bullshit about Va. Tech plays us tough no matter the records. It's a rival game. It's in their house no way we will pull out a victory. Guess what? Blowout 33-10.

Is Brown a great coach? So far he has shown nothing of such. But unfortunate for you haters Brown will probably be here another year or 2 due to a huge buyout.

I've said my peace. I will celebrate this win until the Texas game which could get ugly for WVU. The rest of you can wallow in your self pity until then.

Daniels, defense lead West Virginia past Virginia Tech 33-10

Win is always better than a loss. However, this game is like the Towson game in it doesn't tell us much about the kind of team we have. Next week and the game after will accomplish that.

Texas might win, but they’re not a measuring stick either. Alabama self inflicted their bad play against them.

WVU certainly shot themselves in the foot, but so did VT. At least 3 times VT guys were wide open for touchdowns but the VT QB pulled a Doege. I think there is concern that WVU again fails to execute when it matters most and that the worst team on the schedule aside from Towson was kept within striking distance for over 75% of the game. Given how bad VT is this year, I agree with OP that a positive outcome does not necessarily mean the team is on an upward trajectory. Next 2 games will be where we can really learn what thus team has got.
The games that are going to be the real measuring stick are Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Not saying we are going to win every game in between but most of the Big 12 looks very average for the most part.

The games that are going to be the real measuring stick are Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Not saying we are going to win every game in between but most of the Big 12 looks very average for the most part.

Average is better than Towson and VT. Average describes Pitt and likely Kansas this year. Hence, since WVU blew it against 2 average teams, how they perform against the next average team will show if WVU has improved over those first 4 games. It doesn't have to be an elite opponent in the game to tell you something of note about your team. It just can't be a patsy or dysfunctional gang of misfits as the opponent.

Well the kick is at 7:30 against Texas next Saturday. Another away night game.

Average is better than Towson and VT. Average describes Pitt and likely Kansas this year. Hence, since WVU blew it against 2 average teams, how they perform against the next average team will show if WVU has improved over those first 4 games. It doesn't have to be an elite opponent in the game to tell you something of note about your team. It just can't be a patsy or dysfunctional gang of misfits as the opponent.
Pitt isn't a world beater but they are slightly better than average. Kansas is better then what you're giving them credit for. There are no elite teams on wvu's schedule. There are no more VT and Towson's either. The best measuring sticks left are the Oklahoma teams both are better than average and both have been the biggest thorns in wvu's side.

Reactions: Tylerite
We need to jump on Texas while they’re down and don’t let up.

Last edited:
To say the BIG 12 looks average is a laugh. Alabama barely beat UT and Texas Tech handled UT and K State handled a very good OU. OU destroyed Nebraska in Lincoln and got their coach fired early.

TCU looks good, Baylor looks good, OK state is solid. ISU has a narrow defeat to a very good Baylor squad. Kansas has obviously re emerged.

Something troubling for WVU fans— DUKE played better against KU and held them to far fewer pts than WVU did?

So as the OP stated we still don’t really know. VT didn’t look like the VT we’ve seen in the past. This upcoming game should shed more light on how things are shaping up or if VT was a mirage.

To say the BIG 12 looks average is a laugh. Alabama barely beat UT and Texas Tech handled UT and K State handled a very good OU. OU destroyed Nebraska in Lincoln and got their coach fired early.

TCU looks good, Baylor looks good, OK state is solid. ISU has a narrow defeat to a very good Baylor squad. Kansas has obviously re emerged.

Something troubling for WVU fans— DUKE played better against KU and held them to far fewer pts than WVU did?

So as the OP stated we still don’t really know. VT didn’t look like the VT we’ve seen in the past. This upcoming game should shed more light on how things are shaping up or if VT was a mirage.
Duke didn't play better then wvu fool. The wvu game went to overtime Duke lost in regulation straight up. Wvu did much better then your messiah Holgorsen who barely beat a rice team this week. The big 12 is very average K State beat an Oklahoma team the same K state team that lost at Home to Tulane the week before. Texas Teach was handled by Nc State. Texas couldn't beat a Texas Tech team that needed OT at home to beat a weak Houston team. Baylor lost to BYU the same byu team that was crushed By Oregon. The same Oregon team that was Crushed by Georgia. No one is standing out in this conference.

Reactions: Tylerite
Duke didn't play better then wvu fool. The wvu game went to overtime Duke lost in regulation straight up. Wvu did much better then your messiah Holgorsen who barely beat a rice team this week. The big 12 is very average K State beat an Oklahoma team the same K state team that lost at Home to Tulane the week before. Texas Teach was handled by Nc State. Texas couldn't beat a Texas Tech team that needed OT at home to beat a weak Houston team. Baylor lost to BYU the same byu team that was crushed By Oregon. The same Oregon team that was Crushed by Georgia. No one is standing out in this conference.
Not to mention tcu didn’t look impressive against SMU. Also Alabama self inflicted their bad play against the longhorns

Reactions: Jason Voorhees

Nebraska coach was fired before they played Oklahoma. K. State has beaten OU 2 of last 3 years and 5 times since WVU joined Big 12. TCU has yet to play a team with a pulse. Baylor lost to the only team they played that has balls. Baylor is not really that good. ISU not great.

Oklahoma State gave up 44 to CMU. Slid past ASU and crushed a terrible FCS team. We will see how they do when they play a team with a pulse. It's only troubling you about Kansas scoring less against Duke than WVU.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Says the ignoramus that doesn’t understand the difference between giving up 55 pts as compared to 35 pts. Kansas contained Dukes offense a bit better than they did Harrells, but Dukes D didn’t give up nearly as many pts even in a loss.

DUKEs defense. Theres only so much spin even a lying ass like yourself can put on something.

Last edited:
Not to mention tcu didn’t look impressive against SMU. Also Alabama self inflicted their bad play against the longhorns
TCU always struggles with their rival SMU. Texas played Alabama to what- 1 pt.

At some point you have to deal with reality.

Think I saw WVU is 9.5pt dog to UT this week.

Says the ignoramus that doesn’t understand the difference between giving up 55 pts as compared to 35 pts. Kansas contained Dukes offense a bit better than they did Harrells, but Dukes D didn’t give up nearly as many pts even in a loss.

DUKEs defense. Theres only so much spin even a lying ass like yourself can put on something.
Find another team to follow. You’re a dumbass. Signed Mountaineer Nation

Find another team to follow. You’re a dumbass. Signed Mountaineer Nation
You are a liar and don’t want WVU to be successful obviously. 5 wins and you think that’s ok year after year.

I support the PROGRAM- not blind loyalty to one coach Which is what you are about. I’ve seen WVU be better and believe they can be again. You? Ok with 5 and 6 win seasons— which will still be hard to achieve this season.

Duke couldn't get the game to overtime dumbass and wvu scored more points then Duke.
Btw Kansas had more total yards against Duke then they did against Wvu. Wvu actually outgained Kansas by 100 yards.

You are a liar and don’t want WVU to be successful obviously. 5 wins and you think that’s ok year after year.

I support the PROGRAM- not blind loyalty to one coach Which is what you are about. I’ve seen WVU be better and believe they can be again. You? Ok with 5 and 6 win seasons— which will still be hard to achieve this season.
You don't support wvu .You go mia after every win. Unless your disappearance is do to being tied down to a bed in whatever psychiatric facility you reside in.

You don't support wvu .You go mia after every win. Unless your disappearance is do to being tied down to a bed in whatever psychiatric facility you reside in.
Lol- a clown who did nothing but bash the previous coach and then disappeared for days when he won, a helluva lot more often than the current one btw, claiming someone else isn’t a fan of WVU because they don’t support a Coach leading WVUto sub .500 seasons 4 years in.

Funny, didn’t see his clown ass posting during the game as I was while I actually watched the game.

Too busy working on the spin for the week probably Which appears to be if you don’t claim NB as the second coming because of 1 win against a very mediocre opponent, you don’t support WVU.

Doesnt work that way. Lots of proof left to be shown to the WVU fanbase - no more blind “ trust”.

Duke couldn't get the game to overtime dumbass and wvu scored more points then Duke.
Btw Kansas had more total yards against Duke then they did against Wvu. Wvu actually outgained Kansas by 100 yards.
Had WVU held KU to 35 pts they wouldn’t have needed OT to lose- they would have won the game idiot.

Always twisting always spinning to work it so your story looks right for yourself. Grow up.

Lol- a clown who did nothing but bash the previous coach and then disappeared for days when he won, a helluva lot more often than the current one btw, claiming someone else isn’t a fan of WVU because they don’t support a Coach leading WVUto sub .500 seasons 4 years in.

Funny, didn’t see his clown ass posting during the game as I was while I actually watched the game.

Too busy working on the spin for the week probably Which appears to be if you don’t claim NB as the second coming because of 1 win against a very mediocre opponent, you don’t support WVU.

Doesnt work that way. Lots of proof left to be shown to the WVU fanbase - no more blind “ trust”.
Look Dumbass Kansas beat Duke in regulation time that means they only needed 60 minutes. They needed extra time against us. Surprised a moron like yourself would be boosting that Duke did better. If that is the case in your mind it also means Duke did better than your Messiah Holgorsen

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Look Dumbass Kansas beat Duke in regulation time that means they only needed 60 minutes. They needed extra time against us. Surprised a moron like yourself would be boosting that Duke did better. If that is the case in your mind it also means Duke did better than your Messiah Holgorsen
Look moron, WVU LOST. Why? because WVU gave up 55 points. There is no asterisk in the history books for “ well golly gee, hyuck, hyuck, WVU took them to overtime so that’s a better loss! blah blah blah.

WVU LOST and Duke‘s Defense played better than what your savior coach was able to coach up for WVU and that is pathetic to see WVU has fallen to playing worse than Duke in any category. If WVU had only allowed 35 pts in REGULATION like Duke’s D did, then there would not have been an OT and WVU would have WON idiot.

What is eye opening is that some people who pretend to support WVU football are ok with 5 and 6 win seasons for WVU year after year.

What exactly does Brown have on you that makes you support that blindly?

What is eye opening is that some people who pretend to support WVU football are ok with 5 and 6 win seasons for WVU year after year.

Does Dana give you good money and knee pads?

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Look moron, WVU LOST. Why? because WVU gave up 55 points. There is no asterisk in the history books for “ well golly gee, hyuck, hyuck, WVU took them to overtime so that’s a better loss! blah blah blah.

WVU LOST and Duke‘s Defense played better than what your savior coach was able to coach up for WVU and that is pathetic to see WVU has fallen to playing worse than Duke in any category. If WVU had only allowed 35 pts in REGULATION like Duke’s D did, then there would not have been an OT and WVU would have WON idiot.
Beating someone in overtime meant the game in regular time was tougher moron.

The only person pretending to support wvu is the moron who has been complaining about the coach even before he coached his 1st game. Go support your lover boy in Houston. They want him gone he needs your help. Go find another team you troll.

I don’t remember posting that I’m okay with 5 and 6 win seasons year after year. Please copy the post for me if I did. Otherwise, stop painting everyone with such a broad brush.

Brown has nothing on me, nor did the following list of WVU football coaches since I became a fan:
Neal Brown
Dana Holgersen
Bill Stewart
Rich Rod
Don Nehlen
Frank Cignetti
Bobby Bowden
Jim Carlen

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m a fan of the school and whoever plays for and coaches there. When they change the name to Neal Brown University Mountaineers, I may change my opinion.

Reactions: Euell and WVUALLEN

What is eye opening is you’re still bitching about Neal Brown from game 0-2. He’s 2-0 since. Why are you still complaining? Go ahead parrot, tell me again we are ok with 5-6 wins….blah blah

Reactions: Euell
This team really is....

I don't believe in moral wins or moral losses, so if I complained when we barely lost to pitt about those who tried to claim "we played well and just lost" so its progress, I'll say the reverse and argue a win is a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT