• Allison

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 30 39.5%

• Total voters

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
With as hard as Brown is working and watching our bowl game, I bet the other person on that phone line in that picture from his office was related to a quarterback.

I think he goes with Allison. He's going to be 21. That matters. A lot.

He wasn't good in the bowl game. In fact, he was very bad. But it's ignorant to completely disregard a player off of 1 game. Even worse to do it after 3 weeks of practice with the 1's. I think a QB competition is likely, and I imagine Allison will win it and be on a semi short leash.

Reactions: RAK
On the current roster? Lowe. If he is truly a walk before you run type of coach I foresee a lot of wing T and option plays to start the season .

Yeah, obviously.

But young QB's being good before their 2nd year isn't even close to the norm. Experience matters with every position. It matters ten fold with QB's.

But who knows, maybe we'll recruit the best QB prospect of the last 15 years and we can start him over Jack.

Trey Lowe easy unless a excellent JUCO or grad transfer comes. Lowe ran for 9 yards up middle in his 1 carry in bowl game. He has a strong arm and size, strength at 6-3 220. He enrolled in January last year so he will be ready to take over. Brown will develop that talent.

Allison is a career backup at best. Too slow.

There’s some good ones out there that may become available, Buechele at Texas, Hicks from SMU, or Allison might very well improve greatly with a good QB coach, who knows but I bet CNB has somebody ready on opening day.

Trey Lowe easy unless a excellent JUCO or grad transfer comes. Lowe ran for 9 yards up middle in his 1 carry in bowl game. He has a strong arm and size, strength at 6-3 220. He enrolled in January last year so he will be ready to take over. Brown will develop that talent.

Allison is a career backup at best. Too slow.

Have you seen Lowe in practice sling the ball? If not give me Accuracy over legs in my qb then legs then arm strength. If you can move the pocket and be accurate that’s what’s important not a 50% passer who can run some

WVUfootball2006 what’s your take on Lowe? Have you seen him lately in practice? Your comment wasn’t clear. It’s sounds like you saw him in practice. He has a nice arm from what I’ve seen.

WVUfootball2006 what’s your take on Lowe? Have you seen him lately in practice? Your comment wasn’t clear. It’s sounds like you saw him in practice. He has a nice arm from what I’ve seen.

Bro, you're a better QB analyst than Ron Jaworski. If you got an eval on one, you let us have that inside scoop. I'm gonna save my money and get your inside info.

What is interesting about Neal Brown....

Is Gardner Minshew.

He originally committed to play at Troy but left the program.

Interested in seeing why Neal Brown didn't think he could play
Or
If he gives Neal Brown credit for his development

I haven’t been to a wvu practice since 06/07 gator bowl. If someone has and he’s accurate I’m all for it but if he’s just an athlete trying to play qb I’m not. Accuracy matters more to me than Legs and I don’t care if they fast but movement in the pocket is so important.

Think so but probably goes to Maryland with the oc

I've heard Houston or Arizona. Arizona because Sumlin was close to flipping him to Texas A&M. Houston because it's close to his hometown Channelview, Texas. This 16.5 miles away. Longhorns thought about it but they like their 4 QB's they have.

Remember, Allison didn't have Jennings and Simms.

With all three (Sills) on the fieild we are a MUCH different team.

Allison could not get the ball to Sills, couldn't even find him eventually. Experience counts, but what about the Clemson QB? He was a true freakin' freshman, was he not? I will simply put my trust in Coach Brown to coach up or find a QB he can run an offense with. He's been in this position with QBs before and made it work.

I saw Lowe in practice in October and I saw him rep for 3-4 minutes and his arm was as strong as anybody there. Of course it wasn’t a scrimmage situation and you couldn’t measure accuracy but he threw a nice ball, tight spiral, nice form, strong arm. I didn’t get to see him run but his drop backs and movement showed he was the best athlete of the bunch. I’ve also seen another similar situation in November. Other than that I’ve watched him in pregame warmups and he has a nice arm.

Allison could not get the ball to Sills, couldn't even find him eventually. Experience counts, but what about the Clemson QB? He was a true freakin' freshman, was he not? I will simply put my trust in Coach Brown to coach up or find a QB he can run an offense with. He's been in this position with QBs before and made it work.

With Simms and Jennings gone, Syracuse was able to focus all their efforts on Sills, taking him away until garbage time at the end.

With Simms and Jennings gone, Syracuse was able to focus all their efforts on Sills, taking him away until garbage time at the end.

They gave sills one on one coverage Jack didn’t make it through his progressions, better question is why Dana didn’t have Sills as the first option and I think it goes back to same reason Will didn’t play and that is they wanted to see what they have for next year so he could get extension if they won....

Clemson's QB was, in fact, a true freshman. He was also the highest rated high school QB since the internet. He's the exception, not the rule.

Most college QB's aren't good. Nearly all Freshman QB's are bad.

College Athletes tend to improve from year to year. College QB's don't tend to improve, they do. So age matters. A ton. Experience matters. A lot. Who's the oldest QB in the room? Allison. Who has the most game experience? Allison.

Lowe very well could win the competition and be our starter. Or a transfer could be our starter. But Allison should be the favorite.

If this game mattered at all to Holgorsen there would have been at least close to the 15 practices allowed. He was busy doing other things, his attention most likely out West.

He knew Allison nor Lowe were ready for the national stage against the second best team in the ACC. Laugh if you want, but when Grier bowed out Coach could have asked Sills if he would be comfortable and willing to go out as a QB in his final game. Sills had no chance to beat out Grier but he was a decent QB and very mobile. He knew the entire system and he played a year in JC. He was their best bet in this specific circumstance. Allison and Lowe wouldn't have been thrown to the wolves and Sills may have had the time of his life. He may have also thrived in the read option. We'll never know.

Reactions: Atreides
Clemson's QB was, in fact, a true freshman. He was also the highest rated high school QB since the internet. He's the exception, not the rule.

Most college QB's aren't good. Nearly all Freshman QB's are bad.

College Athletes tend to improve from year to year. College QB's don't tend to improve, they do. So age matters. A ton. Experience matters. A lot. Who's the oldest QB in the room? Allison. Who has the most game experience? Allison.

Lowe very well could win the competition and be our starter. Or a transfer could be our starter. But Allison should be the favorite.

By what service....
In the composite Trevor Lawrence is the second highest behind Vince Young.
VY was one of only five recruits that were considered to be perfect players out of HS.

The rest were DEs and LBs.
Players like Clowney and Rashan Gary

I'm seeing where Tate Martell from tOSU is transferring with WVU or Miami being the most likely landing spots.

All rumors is that Martell ends up at Miami.

He has baggage.
Not as much as some QBs but don't think he is good enough on their field to deal with.

Did he have Simms and Jennings to help take away defenders from Sills?
Did he have a future high NFL draft pick offensive tackle to help with protection for timing?

Do you have any idea how any of this works?

Tate Martell enrolled early at Ohio State in January of 2017 and is supposedly on pace to graduate by end of spring semester. I find that hard to believe but maybe he’s taking a heavy load of classes????? He will be a redshirt sophomore with 3 years to play at WVU if he’s a grad transfer. He is ultra talented and should have started more at Ohio State. Haskins had NFL 6-4 height, measurables and was older than Martell. Martell was every bit as good as Haskins though or better. Martell is quick, mobile and can throw on run or in pocket. He is 5-11 so height is only drawback but overcomes that with incredible talent.

Tate Martell would be a bigtime pickup for WVU.

Did he have Simms and Jennings to help take away defenders from Sills?
Did he have a future high NFL draft pick offensive tackle to help with protection for timing?

Do you have any idea how any of this works?

They hardly rolled the safety to sills at all he was one on one a ton Allison didn’t go through progressions. I posted earlier I’ll never understand why sills wasn’t option 1 on pass play calls....

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
Allison is not starting material at the FBS D1 power 5 level. Period. It’s either Trey Lowe developing or a transfer. Period.

Allison is not starting material at the FBS D1 power 5 level. Period. It’s either Trey Lowe developing or a transfer. Period.

You have zero idea how he will develop under the new coaches. Development has been a key thing to Brown. Keep hoping for Rawlins to work out....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT