ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Beer Sales

I vote for getting rid of beer in the stadium on game day. My reason? Well, a few years back I was loaded (on beer) and accidentally poured (spilled) a full ice cold large size cup of beer down the back of the ladies coat that was sitting just in front of me. I mean down her neck and inside her coat. I felt so bad that this happened that I never drank again inside the stadium.

Good lord, we must close the beer drinking income gap...

"According to a 2015 New York Times story, West Virginia made approximately $500,000 on beer sales, and Texas made a mind-blowing $1.8 million on beer sales last season."

The basic math for a 7 game home season works out to $1.19/seat at WVU and $2.56/seat at UT. Minimum price at MF of $7.00/beer averages a little over 10,000 beers per game sold based on these numbers. Same beer price at UT averages about 36,000+ beers sold per game. However, with an extra 40,000 seats more at UT it's not hard to see the difference.

Since we eliminated pass outs and sold beer in the stadium incidents have decreased at games. We're we the only school,in the north east that gave pass out checks.

Beer sales and no passouts was one of many wise decisions that Oliver Luck made. You can't stop the drinking but at least this limits the tailgate drinking to pre-game and post-game and not having halftime drinking binges at the tailgating. Wise move by Oliver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT