ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football

Mar 12, 2018
I know y'all still are thinking about basketball

But for most big time football programs spring practice begins this week

Hopefully for WVU, DH, toughens up the trenches
If the Mountaineers can run the ball amd stop the run next year they will be a 10 win team

In the ATX everyone is wanting to see the 9 early enrolled players and Marquez Bimage

Bimage played on ST last year but he increased his vertical jump, strength, speed and football IQ during winter conditioning.

Remember the name because he as a second year player might be the best LB in the Big XII if he can win a spot

Spring Football around the Big XII

Lucky you dont have a Big XII conference network because it would be about UT 24/7

But in the ATX there is competition all over even who calls the play

The word is Herman will take the orange team and see if his play calling is better than Beck who has the white team
The white team meaning the majority of the first stringers

West Virginia will challenge for the Big 12 title this year. WVU has helped keep the Big 12 a top conference in all sports and expanded eastern coverage. Last year the Lady Mountaineers won the Big 12 hoop title. Every year the football program is top 3-4. From here out WVU should be top 3 every year most years. Men’s Basketball program is top 2 in Big 12. WVU is a major program and school that has brought a lot to a great conference. Big 12 is one of the top 2 conferences in America. Big 12 plays entire conference where other conferences get to run and dodge good teams in their own conference. That’s why Big 12 is toughest schedule in sports. You play entire conference.

With that said I agree Texas will be back to the top 5 in all of college football most years again. Strong was a nightmare bust. Herman will quickly return Texas back to elite every year again and make the Big 12 the toughest football conference in America. Here’s why. Oklahoma will remain a Goliath beast, Texas will return to greatness and WVU will get back to consistent top 10-15 year to year excellence and respect, with the occasional top 5 years.

Iowa State is improving and Baylor will not stay horrible. Kansa State is always solid and Texas Tech never sucks. Oklahoma State and TCU are always top 15-20 and will occasionally often be top 10 teams. So Oklahoma, Texas, WVU, TCU, Oklahoma State will always be good. This conference will be #1 conference in football and basketball many years. Big 12 has a bright future. Great conference.

I’m sure smarter Missouri fans wish they could come back to their rivals in all sports and enjoy better Big 12 hoops again playing epic games vs Kansas again.

I’m sure smarter Missouri fans wish they could come back to their rivals in all sports and enjoy better Big 12 hoops again playing epic games vs Kansas again.

The Border War in basketball makes most basketball rivalries look like JV games
Even in football like in 07 in Arrowhead that game could be bigger than life
Only rivarly besides OhioSt/ Michigan and Red River that an a Actual war was fought
But unlike the aforementioned people died by the thousands

Regarding WVU football next year I think that depends on how you think teams should be constructed

I think that great OL and DL can win you a lot more games in CFB than a great qb

Trust and believe Grier will need to be on his A game to beat Tennessee and NC State without a Running game that is not dependent on the pass
With WVU's issues stopping the run the chance for Grier and his WR to make big plays will be limited

I like the idea of having flexible players on D
Especially on the Dline.
That is what I am hearing they are striving for

I have promoted K State on here before but to me they are the most dangerous team next year

Especially considering when they play UT
Y'all so far in the Big XII have learned about Bill Snyder

I see WVU has moved some backup LBs to FB

I think having the ability to play with a FB or at least a H Back could help WVU's run game
Lincoln Riley at OU did a great job at using Full backs to generate a rushing attack
More than that OU had the ability to generate different formations with movable pieces
Would be interested to see if more teams in the Big XII do the same
I know Texas may not use FBs but they have HBacks and two TE sets

WVU will have some capable RBs and running game. Alec Sinkfield may be the best one before it’s over. He’s #3 cause he redshirted last year. Grier will get good help.

Sinkfield is a little undersized
Someone that needs to be put into space to be productive

The space is created when the safties are put two deep because Grier is torching defenses

Issue is when WVU plays great Defenses they dont have to put the safties back so WVU need a running attack to force the safties up to the line

Because the passes on the flat will not against teams who have LBs or DEs that can move sideline to sideline at a NFL level

McCoy, Pettaway will be the guys now. Crawford is gone. Sinkfield provides more competition. I think these 3 will be pretty good.

All.three of them are 5-9 to 6-0 and 190 to 210 lbs

Not saying WVU needs a 240 lb big back but they need a RB that has some size to go along with their speed

Pettaway is the biggest of the three but he is only 5-10 210

I doubt anyone of them can truck a LB and break arm tackles in the open field if the OL creates openings

Sometimes the 5-10 200 lb back is better if he is Jamaal Charles

Charles had world class sprinter speed and could run people over because of his low center of gravity

Those backs are even more rare than the bigger backs with 4.45 speed

West Virginia's inability to run the ball has less to do with personal than it does with coaching

Innovation is the key in CFB

If not innovation than it comes down to forcing your will on an opponent

From what I have seen in spring practice so far these teams are the ones to watch for

Texas
Baylor
Oklahoma
Iowa St
Kansas St

Y'all should have more media coverage of your spring football

Somewhat disappointing
Three other schools are in the Sweet 16 in this conference and spring football is a much bigger deal
Even with the Kansas schools

8 schools have started practices
With the two late arrivrals starting next week

The spring games are on the following dates
April 7th
TCU
WVU
April 14th
Tech
OU
Iowa St
April 21
BU
UT
K State
April 28
KU
Okie Lite

I know the best way for WVU to improve its running game
Get the boys up front that enjoy pushing the weak around

UT figured it out. Might bring in one of the greatest OL classes in history into ATX for 2019.
WVU has the number one OT in state but UT has #2 and 3
DY-aKFdUQAAue2v.jpg:small

Spring Football going on and College Baseball
Tough loss but football season is only five months away
Plus it is always recruiting season.

Anyway one of the hottest stories tonight is that former Aggy commit drops the truth
UT didnt offer him and he De committed from A&M so his opinion is unbiased

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT