ADVERTISEMENT

Sportswriter quote pretty accurate

WVUBuck

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
The way injuries and defections have built up they may be asking for volunteers before taking the field against Baylor two Thursdays ahead, but the truth of the matter is that Dana Holgorsen left Neal Brown holding the deed to a mined out gold mine when he jumped town and headed to Houston.

Reactions: sccolaEER
Neal Brown chased off 20 some players and brought in several of his own.

His failures are his alone, has nothing to do with Holgorsen who would have continued winning at the same clip he was with the same players. In addition to the players he had he would have brought in more depth and some quality players to enhance what he had going.

Now? Starting over like WVU never played football before Neal Brown.

His failures are his alone, has nothing to do with Holgorsen who would have continued winning at the same clip he was with the same players. In addition to the players he had he would have brought in more depth and some quality players to enhance what he had going.

Went from 10 to 20. Seems your dish stories keep getting bigger and bigger. Now tell us the one where Holgorsen single handedly won 10 games and scored 70 on Clemson.

Went from 10 to 20. Seems your dish stories keep getting bigger and bigger. Now tell us the one where Holgorsen single handedly won 10 games and scored 70 on Clemson.

After researching I provided the list of over 20 on these very boards the other day.

You? Keep running your mouth and never support anything you claim-- which unlike the facts I present-- is all made up b.s., and peronal attack when you cant defend your lies.

TrollAllen doesnt understand or care about football- is here to troll the WVU program, smear Holgorsen and try to pump up his ego by pretending his childish rants matter to anyone.

Meanwhile WVU fans do care that their program has been trashed.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
After researching I provided the list of over 20 on these very boards the other day.

You? Keep running your mouth and never support anything you claim-- which unlike the facts I present-- is all made up b.s., and peronal attack when you cant defend your lies.

How many of those were 1st team players? What like 8. How many left in December? What like 2. How many were booted out of school for academic fraud? What like 3. How many 1st team players left on their own? What like 2.

So the other 4 were what, water boy's / bench warmers.

F U geek

Reactions: WVUFanForever

I was a DH supporter. You’re half the reason why I hate him now.

Brown is the issue WVU now faces-- he has regressed WVUs program in every facet.

No indications this is something that will change.

How many of those were 1st team players? What like 8. How many left in December? What like 2. How many were booted out of school for academic fraud? What like 3. How many 1st team players left on their own? What like 2.

So the other 4 were what, water boy's / bench warmers.

Lies, innuendo, deception because your ego cant admit you were wrong.

Neverending moving of the goalposts.

First he didnt push players out . Players fault. Then it wasnt 10, wasnt 20, they werent all starters blah blah blah.

Everytime you are proven wrong you move the goalposts and try to excuse away reality.

Players that would have contributed and added quality depth left because they did not believe in brown or they were made to feel unwelcome. youve made everything else up.

Winter workouts had barely started when players began complaining about the difficulty of work (because Dana worked no one hard). As one player said they only ran post-practice laps if they wanted to.

Winter workouts had barely started when players began complaining about the difficulty of work (because Dana worked no one hard). As one player said they only ran post-practice laps if they wanted to.

It's pretty obvious that Dana was not the burn the candle at both ends type. I don't think you win at WVU without that kind of attitude given you will always be at a pure talent disadvantage to teams like OU. Brown may not be the guy, but he has a better chance of being the guy than Dana just based upon his work ethic. No matter what Brown turns out to be, WVU had to move on from Dana to have any hope of finishing better than 3rd in the Big 12. If he only delivers 7-9 win seasons, I'll take a man with Brown's image and take on leadership getting those wins than a guy with Dana's image and attitude.

It's pretty obvious that Dana was not the burn the candle at both ends type. I don't think you win at WVU without that kind of attitude given you will always be at a pure talent disadvantage to teams like OU. Brown may not be the guy, but he has a better chance of being the guy than Dana just based upon his work ethic. No matter what Brown turns out to be, WVU had to move on from Dana to have any hope of finishing better than 3rd in the Big 12. If he only delivers 7-9 win seasons, I'll take a man with Brown's image and take on leadership getting those wins than a guy with Dana's image and attitude.
When he first took the job he said that with todays technology, there's no reason for coaches to work more than eight hours a day...Dana would make a good OC..he's just not cut out to be the head coach.

I am all in with Coach Brown until a time comes that it is obvious he is not the guy and that is at least 3 years away. His first review is watching how his teams progress and adapt under the harsh conditions of this year, next year has to be a winning season, even if it is ugly and by year three he has to produce a quality season of strong wins and no gotcha losses. If he can do that, he is the man for the job. He has already succeeded with year one and anything more he does now is icing on the cake of a GREAT start considering the circumstances.

Since when is 3 wins " succeeding" in a 12 game season?

Do people realize last year WVU WON 8 games? Came very close to winning a couple more?

Were in contention for the conference up until the final season game? A game they lost to playoff participant heisman trophy winning OU by 3 points?

Do they realize that WVU won the second most games during the previous coaches tenure against the toughest schedules ever faced?

The people in place now have miles to go to sniff the jock of the previous staff . Nowhere near the level of coaching prowess or intelligence or ability from anything shown to date.

Last edited:
WVU has actually regressed quite a bit.

What aspect is better?

Offense went from top ten down to well under 100 out of 130 teams.

Defense is giving up points like crazy.

Special teams has collapsed in most games.

The team is committing multiple damaging penalties.

The other team is making adjustments while WVU does not.

Shows a lack of preparation, discipline, in game coaching, and an approach that doesnt fit the level of competition being faced.

Players continue to walk away from this debacle. Recruiting is not going well at this point and that will determine future success.

I am all in with Coach Brown until a time comes that it is obvious he is not the guy and that is at least 3 years away. His first review is watching how his teams progress and adapt under the harsh conditions of this year, next year has to be a winning season, even if it is ugly and by year three he has to produce a quality season of strong wins and no gotcha losses. If he can do that, he is the man for the job. He has already succeeded with year one and anything more he does now is icing on the cake of a GREAT start considering the circumstances.

That is why I said "may not." No one can predict the future and at this stage you can maybe lean one way or another, but it is completely unreasonable to make a final judgment as some on this board are doing. That goes for positive final judgments as well. I do like his approach and am excited for something new.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Its completely unreasonable to try to deflect blame for what is transpiring now and project it on the previous staff that was far more successful.

People who couldnt understand major college football and the difficulties WVU faces made life hell for the previous staff as they bashed and ignored all the successes against an extremely difficult schedule.

Now because they refuse to admit the error of their ways, they are giving the present staff a pass and trying to toss the failures backwards onto people no longer here -- a staff that left a solid core in place for continued success at WVU, not a rebuild and re imaging that seems to view WVU as a lower level sunbelt program.

Dana....lost more games at WVU than any other coach but one.

And buck....your narrative is tiresome...if you really think that Dana left any talent for Neal...you are beyond being a low IQer...

Everyone can see the whole ''Neal ran players off" for what it is.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
WVU has actually regressed quite a bit.

What aspect is better?

Offense went from top ten down to well under 100 out of 130 teams.

Defense is giving up points like crazy.

Special teams has collapsed in most games.

The team is committing multiple damaging penalties.

The other team is making adjustments while WVU does not.

Shows a lack of preparation, discipline, in game coaching, and an approach that doesnt fit the level of competition being faced.

Players continue to walk away from this debacle. Recruiting is not going well at this point and that will determine future success.
Not sure why you're complaining about the defense. Yes they gave up 52 points on the road playing and elite team and starting a bunch of freshman. But its better than the 59 points they gave up to Oklahoma last year at home.

Reactions: TurningClock
Lies, innuendo, deception because your ego cant admit you were wrong.

Neverending moving of the goalposts.

First he didnt push players out . Players fault. Then it wasnt 10, wasnt 20, they werent all starters blah blah blah.

Everytime you are proven wrong you move the goalposts and try to excuse away reality.

Players that would have contributed and added quality depth left because they did not believe in brown or they were made to feel unwelcome. youve made everything else up.

The only goal post is between your ears. They move often in that wide empty space.

You have proven nothing. You just spout out numbers and put fault without backing up your statement. This is a true definition of a troll.

It's obvious now that you're not 12 but 8. Using proper grammar is an introduction of yourself to others. To put forth your best image, speak properly and write properly.

Not sure why you're complaining about the defense. Yes they gave up 52 points on the road playing and elite team and starting a bunch of freshman. But its better than the 59 points they gave up to Oklahoma last year at home.

Except that the offense kept pace last year and the game was decided by 3 pts and could have gone either way.

The point is-- people bashed the D for more than 8 years under DH. It hasnt improved with Browns buddy at the helm. Actually regressed as now WVU gets blown out not just by OU, but by everyone with a pulse.

So maybe just maybe, BIG 12 offenses are much better than you gave them credit for under Holgorsen and stopping them isnt so easy after all. You have to have a prolific offense to go with the defense-- DH did and Neal Brown does not.

Dana....lost more games at WVU than any other coach but one.

And buck....your narrative is tiresome...if you really think that Dana left any talent for Neal...you are beyond being a low IQer...

Everyone can see the whole ''Neal ran players off" for what it is.

Holgorsen faced the toughest schedules ever at WVU. He faced the second most games of any previous coach.

And he won the second most games of any coach. Ever.

He was very good at WVU, a few vocal idiots lacking football knowledge just thought he was facing Uconn and Rutgers every week so couldnt understand why WVU wasnt dominating the blue bloods and power programs WVU now has to face.

Now? Neal Brown has taken WVU down to the bottom of college football in just a half season. WVU has been Kragthorped.

Last edited:
Holgorsen faced the toughest schedules ever at WVU. He faced the second most games of any previous coach.

And he won the second most games of any coach. Ever.

He was very good at WVU, a few vocal idiots lacking football knowledge just thought he was facing Uconn and Rutgers every week so couldnt understand why WVU wasnt dominating the blue bloods and power programs WVU now had to face.

Now? Neal Brown has taken WVU down to the bottom of college football in just a half season. WVU has been Kragthorped.

And Houston has been Holgorsen’d. And this message board has been buckaineer’d.

I tried to be nice about it, but you are just straight up weirdo obsessed with Holgorsen. Like, sicko stalker weird.

Did he sign an autograph for you once? Is that what it is? Did he write, “To my good friend... whatever your name is... Best wishes, Coach Dana?”

You realize he wrote that to probably all the little fanboys that swooned over him, right? You were not his friend and you are not a unique and special flower in his garden of buddies. Dana doesn’t care about your love for him. He doesn’t love you back. He doesn’t have time for your love.

You are like the weirdo that Shooter McGavin hires to run over Happy Gilmore on the golf course, then thinks Shooter wants to meet him at the Sizzler after the match.

And bragging about him being number two at WVU like you do??? That is like saying, well, I wasn’t good enough to be the best so I will brag about coming in second, the equivalent to being the first loser. It’s like, out of all the losers, he came in first place... that bragging about coming in second place... whew.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
doneagain- wrote 24/7 365 about Dana Holgorsen. Still libeling and lying about him today, long after he left, and wants to talk sh!t to someone else about DH references to correct misinformation?

Talk about a psycho--WOW. Doneagin is it and then some.

And Houston has been Holgorsen’d. And this message board has been buckaineer’d.

I tried to be nice about it, but you are just straight up weirdo obsessed with Holgorsen. Like, sicko stalker weird.

Did he sign an autograph for you once? Is that what it is? Did he write, “To my good friend... whatever your name is... Best wishes, Coach Dana?”

You realize he wrote that to probably all the little fanboys that swooned over him, right? You were not his friend and you are not a unique and special flower in his garden of buddies. Dana doesn’t care about your love for him. He doesn’t love you back. He doesn’t have time for your love.

You are like the weirdo that Shooter McGavin hires to run over Happy Gilmore on the golf course, then thinks Shooter wants to meet him at the Sizzler after the match.

And bragging about him being number two at WVU like you do??? That is like saying, well, I wasn’t good enough to be the best so I will brag about coming in second, the equivalent to being the first loser. It’s like, out of all the losers, he came in first place... that bragging about coming in second place... whew.

Amen to that.

Except that the offense kept pace last year and the game was decided by 3 pts and could have gone either way.

The point is-- people bashed the D for more than 8 years under DH. It hasnt improved with Browns buddy at the helm. Actually regressed as now WVU gets blown out not just by OU, but by everyone with a pulse.

So maybe just maybe, BIG 12 offenses are much better than you gave them credit for under Holgorsen and stopping them isnt so easy after all. You have to have a prolific offense to go with the defense-- DH did and Neal Brown does not.
It doesn't matter if the offense kept up or not. Giving up 50+ points a game is bad defense anyway you look at. You just mentioned it to advance your anti Brown agenda. If you were a real wvu fan you would know that we really haven't played good defense for 20 years.

It doesn't matter if the offense kept up or not. Giving up 50+ points a game is bad defense anyway you look at. You just mentioned it to advance your anti Brown agenda. If you were a real wvu fan you would know that we really haven't played good defense for 20 years.

I agree, giving up 50 pts a game sucks. Was the downfall of many games Holgorsen coached.

NOW its not the only problem WVU faces under this new coach. EVERY aspect of the team is playing towards the bottom of FBS, and they are getting blown out by EVERY good team they play both offensively and defensively.

Not sure why you are trying to defend that? Your anti Holgorsen/Brown can do no wrong act is getting old and more than tired.

I agree, giving up 50 pts a game sucks. Was the downfall of many games Holgorsen coached.

NOW its not the only problem WVU faces under this new coach. EVERY aspect of the team is playing towards the bottom of FBS, and they are getting blown out by EVERY good team they play both offensively and defensively.

Not sure why you are trying to defend that? Your anti Holgorsen/Brown can do no wrong act is getting old and more than tired.
The difference between me and you is I believe in giving a coach a chance. It takes 3-4 years to find out how good a coach really is at a program like wvu. Neal Brown is in year 1 and working with recruits from a previous coach. He did not inherit a NFL QB and 2 receivers that were in nfl camps that played for this team last year. This team would not have competed for the big 12 if Dana was here this year. They would have been lucky to make a bowl. He knew it that's one of the reasons he left. Any logical poster can see this. But I don't expect you to understand when all you do is pass opinions on as facts and tell lies that have been disproven. But that's what a troll does.

Last season's team had 25 transfers and lost 20 players who started at WVU. It's the way college football works today no matter who is the coach.

Last season's team had 25 transfers and lost 20 players who started at WVU. It's the way college football works today no matter who is the coach.

Not when you have an agenda. Buck is obviously not objective with his pro Holgorsen and anti Brown perspective. There is no way to reconcile his opinion that Holgorsen deserved leeway for his atrocious 3rd season. A season in which it was mostly his recruits and he had 2 full seasons at WVU. Yet Brown does not deserve any such consideration despite it being his first year and none of his recruits. Brown "ran" off players. But when MORE players, more players that were actually starters to boot, left in Holgorsen's 7th year it was not Dana's fault.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I have been absolutely objective.

I have listed ( literally) factual information about the previous regime.

Meanwhile YOU have all made up nonsense about the previous staff, derailed threads, attacked posters, attacked the previous coach while at the same time ignoring just how bad the current staff is doing?

Why exactly? Why are you afraid of the truth?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT