ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Spoke with JUCO DB

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Scooba (Miss.) East Mississippi C.C. defensive back Tony Mitchell spent his freshman season at Alabama primarily on special teams but is now at the junior college level and looking to rebound. He received an offer from West Virginia last week after talking with assistant secondary coach Tre Bell and told me that he has basically been in touch with him daily since that point. Mitchell told me that West Virginia really likes his versatility to tackle, hit and cover and the coaching staff has told him he could be an instant impact player in the Mountaineers defense. He is still learning about the program but did tell me that he is planning to take a visit to see it for himself for the Kansas game but he has seen that the program has had success over the years. Mitchell also has received offers from Mississippi and Mississippi State, but right now I don't get the feeling that any school is sticking out. He played high school football in Alabama but is originally from Lakeland, Florida and would have two seasons left when he graduates in December.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.