ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Spoke with Billy Ross

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Huntington (W.Va.) offensive lineman Billy Ross tells me he had no idea this offer spree which included Florida State, West Virginia, Miami, Louisville and North Carolina was coming. He had spoken a little with Florida State prior to the offer but not enough to think that a scholarship offer would be on the way, while Miami and North Carolina had never even really spoken to him. West Virginia and Louisville had been recruiting him the longest and he told me that right now he is completely wide open to every school recruiting him and he's going to be taking a lot of visits this spring to Florida State, North Carolina, Auburn, Penn State, Louisville, Miami and several others. He also plans on going to West Virginia for the junior day March 13. Ross said he spoke with both head coach Dana Holgorsen and offensive line coach Ron Crook and he has a lot of interest in the program but wants to get up there more to learn more about what the Mountaineers have to offer. He does plan on taking his time and wants to visit as many schools as possible before making a decision. College coaches like the fact that Ross can play multiple positions on the offensive line and he believes that he will likely end up at right tackle or on the inside in college. A ton of schools are starting to get in the picture now and I even asked him about Marshall, his first offer, and he told me that they too will always be in the picture because they have been recruiting him so long and it is his hometown. I'll have a lot more in an article.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News