ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Spoke with a 2025 basketball target

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Washington (D.C.) St. John’s College High guard Omari Witherspoon has ten schools sticking out with that list being West Virginia, Xavier, Maryland, Oklahoma State, Pitt, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Vanderbilt, George Mason and Butler. He told me that the main thing that all of those schools have done is the fact that they all keep good communication with him and have made him feel important. The Mountaineers offered June 23 and the primary contact has been associate head coach Chester Frazier. He told me he has been talking to him a lot and he has told him that he could come in and make an instant impact as well as playing anywhere from the one to the three. Witherspoon spent a lot of time at the one this past AAU season and would like to play there in college, so that will be something he is looking into. He told me that he has official visits planned to West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Butler, Xavier and Virginia Tech and is still discussing some others. He wants to make a decision by the time the early signing period comes in November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News