ADVERTISEMENT

Someone get Urban Meyers on the phone

Meyer is not a recruiter. He moves in and wins with other coaches players, and let’s the program recruit itself while there, then gets a health issue and quits.

WVU needs a recruiting mega-star.
I was joking but, lol, really?

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
He was the only rival for best NCAA coach to Saban. He won NCs at two different schools. I think you are way off.

How early in his tenure at Florida did he win his titles? How early in his tenure at OSU did he win his title. Didn’t say he was not a good coach. Said he was not a good recruiter. At WVU, you are going to have to recruit to get over the hump. He would not arbitrarily get Florida and Ohio State level recruits at WVU without working for them.

Urban Meyer isn’t coming here and I can’t stand the guy but his name alone would bring in better classes than wvu normally gets. Guy has won big everywhere he’s been. Can’t do that by not be a “recruiter”

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Meyer is not a recruiter. He moves in and wins with other coaches players, and let’s the program recruit itself while there, then gets a health issue and quits.

WVU needs a recruiting mega-star.

Hopefully you’re a funny guy. If not yikes

How early in his tenure at Florida did he win his titles? How early in his tenure at OSU did he win his title. Didn’t say he was not a good coach. Said he was not a good recruiter. At WVU, you are going to have to recruit to get over the hump. He would not arbitrarily get Florida and Ohio State level recruits at WVU without working for them.

Bummer. You doubled down on stupidity. Out before this goes sideways

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Don't you see how many likes I have.
I am a celebrity around here because all my alters love me.
They have no choice because I am so great.
Did I tell you about how big my house is yet today.
Probably not as I have been too busy golfing at Chambers Bay and at BayHill at the same time

What kind of players do you guys expect to be pulling in? Top 15 classes? Not being aggressive just curious what your fan base thinks you're capable of.

What kind of players do you guys expect to be pulling in? Top 15 classes? Not being aggressive just curious what your fan base thinks you're capable of.

Historically classes ranking between 26-40. We have had a couple of top 25 classes, but that is not the norm.

I think WVU is capable of having classes annually between top 20 and top 30.

Historically classes ranking between 26-40. We have had a couple of top 25 classes, but that is not the norm.

I think WVU is capable of having classes annually between top 20 and top 30.
I think you guys are very capable of 26-40, but it's still going to be difficult to consistently compete with OU and Texas with classes ranked in that range.

I think you guys are very capable of 26-40, but it's still going to be difficult to consistently compete with OU and Texas with classes ranked in that range.
Really? Texas wasn’t wowing me over the last 5. WV can have a heavy hand in OH and PA, as well as FLA. In recruiting, our big problem has always been coaching stability. Jags like R-Rod and Holgs used other offers for leverage and it hurts our recruiting.

We can compete. We just need the right coach, who commits to this program long term. One that doesn’t seenthe program as a stepping stone, but also one that has the ability to develop coaches and recruits. It’s not an easy hire. Holgs never wanted to be here.

Really? Texas wasn’t wowing me over the last 5. WV can have a heavy hand in OH and PA, as well as FLA. In recruiting, our big problem has always been coaching stability. Jags like R-Rod and Holgs used other offers for leverage and it hurts our recruiting.

We can compete. We just need the right coach, who commits to this program long term. One that doesn’t seenthe program as a stepping stone, but also one that has the ability to develop coaches and recruits. It’s not an easy hire. Holgs never wanted to be here.
It will take someone like Gundy for you to have that kind of stability. MOST people who take your HC job will get hired away if they win big like you guys want/expect.

It will take someone like Gundy for you to have that kind of stability. MOST people who take your HC job will get hired away if they win big like you guys want/expect.
We had a coach here for 21 years who played for a NC twice.

I think we will have a better idea of where Texas is after tonight.
Bowl games are a good preview of where a team's future is at.

I don’t disagree. But I do think you underestimate the state and the program.

Dana asked for money...

The AD said no as well as the boosters.

Everyone wanted better assistants
Dana couldn't just hire anyone because of financial limitations.

Power 5 money only gets you so far.
WV needs their fans to open up the wallets if it is going to get a great coach, assistants, recruits and facilities.

Mike Gundy....
Gundy isn't anything without T Boone Pickens.

Pickens made the largest donation in the history of college sports to Oklahoma St

Don't you see how many likes I have.
I am a celebrity around here because all my alters love me.
They have no choice because I am so great.
Did I tell you about how big my house is yet today.
Probably not as I have been too busy golfing at Chambers Bay and at BayHill at the same time

LOL at me being in your head. I own you Texass

Dana leaving is a mutual decision, and that is evident in the fact that you don’t see anyone here panicking about it.

RichRod left because he thought he was better than he really is as a head coach.

It isn’t like we go through coaches left and right here. Dana was gonna be let go at the end of next year anyway unless he turned in a miracle coaching season, which has not happened in 8 seasons with him. He saw the writing on the wall this season and it worked out for everyone.

WVU is not a blue blood, but we have managed to be among the top 15 winningest programs all time in college football. Again, we aren’t a blue blood, but we are not chopped liver as you make it sound.

Dana leaving is a mutual decision, and that is evident in the fact that you don’t see anyone here panicking about it.

RichRod left because he thought he was better than he really is as a head coach.

It isn’t like we go through coaches left and right here. Dana was gonna be let go at the end of next year anyway unless he turned in a miracle coaching season, which has not happened in 8 seasons with him. He saw the writing on the wall this season and it worked out for everyone.

WVU is not a blue blood, but we have managed to be among the top 15 winningest programs all time in college football. Again, we aren’t a blue blood, but we are not chopped liver as you make it sound.

Well said!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT