ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Some thoughts and observations from the June 3 one-day camp ...

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
--This was a smaller group but that meant a lot of individualized work and reps in one-on-one settings. It was a hot one today though much more than the first camp.

--Mosley (Fla.) 2025 athlete Lokavion Jackson really stood out running two 4.5 40's and he certainly looks the part. He has been adding some high major offers of late and I thought he handled himself well in today's camp too but in coverage at times as well as pass rushing. He's likely a spear in the West Virginia defense but he was getting some one-on-one attention.

--Princeton (W.Va.) 2026 defensive end Daniel Jennings isn't the biggest edge rusher right now but has a great frame with length. He ran very well in the 40-yard dash and handled himself pretty well in the one-on-ones that I watched. I think he's definitely a player that can help as he continues to develop.

--Hurricane (W.Va.) 2026 athlete Laron Dues definitely looks like he's filled out more and ran well with a 4.5 40-yard dash. It will be interesting to see where he ends up eventually position wise and while he isn't the tallest option he does play physical at times even in camp settings. Definitely a name to keep an eye on moving forward.

--Pine Richland (Pa.) 2026 defensive back Lawrence Timmons really stood out at times in both individual drills and one-on-ones. He also put up a pretty impressive time and is a prospect that is likely very much on the coaches radar now if he wasn't already.

--Really didn't know much about Cleveland (N.C.) 2025 defensive back Ronalon Renwick before today but he has good size and really runs well for a big defensive back. He came in at around 6-foot-2 I'd estimate and ran well during testing while showcasing some strong coverage abilities in one-on-one and positional work. I didn't see it all as I went to go watch the linemen for a bit but he held up when I was able to watch against some quality competition.

--West Mifflin (Pa.) 2025 offensive lineman Jaiden Brown-Demery held his own in one-on-ones. He is pretty strong once he locks in and was able to win some of those battles. Overall it was a light group on the lines so I didn't spend a ton of time down there today.

--Some quality underclassmen quarterbacks there with Ashland (Oh.) 2026 quarterback Nathan Bernhard and some others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News