ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Some of my thoughts and observations from the West Virginia June 21 7-on-7 and Big Man ...

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
--West Virginia wrapped up the June camp season with the second 7-on-7 passing tournament and big man camp and again while there might not have been as much overall talent there, it was very well represented especially on the offensive line.

--Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2025 offensive lineman Eidan Buchanan was very impressive and has grown his game a lot even since when I saw him at this time last year. He played tackle throughout and if he lost a rep in one-on-ones I missed it. He is a legit 6-foot-8 and moves well for his size. There's a lot to like about his skill set.

--Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2025 offensive lineman Gavin Crawford has excellent size and while he will need to reshape his body at the next level which is pretty much the case for most linemen he is very strong and massive. He is a big kid but has a lot of twitch in his movements and is going to be an interior option.

--If you throw the two upperclassmen out, I thought Washington (D.C.) St. John's College 2026 offensive lineman Adrian Hamilton might have been the most impressive of the entire group in the big man camp. He was excellent in one-on-ones and was just stone walling the opposition. His frame lends itself to inside but was really impressed by him.

--Copley (Oh.) 2026 offensive lineman Lucas Tielsch is just is very long for a rising junior and performed well in the various drills as well as the one-on-ones. He has good feet and was able to look good at right tackle, too. I think he'll be a name to track moving forward and it came as no surprise he received a scholarship offer.

--Good Counsel also had several other young linemen that stood out such as 2027 defensive lineman Anthony Sweeney, 2027 offensive lineman Jaiden Lindsay and 2026 offensive lineman Karon Spencer. All of these guys have excellent size already and two of them walked away with a scholarship offer with their performance. The thing that stood out to me is they were underclassmen but were hanging with everybody and really seemed advanced for their ages with their skill sets and size.

--Huntington (W.Va.) 2025 safety Zah Jackson is a player I've seen a lot over his career and while he isn't the biggest he is very athletic and plays hard. He is just a really good football player and was able to make plays on both sides of the ball for his team. He's filled his body out and while he is likely an eventual defensive player, he definitely has some abilities with the ball in his hands as well.

--Huntington (W.Va.) 2026 wide receiver Tayveon Wilson is just a ball player. He isn't necessarily the fastest wide receiver but is plenty fast enough and is so smooth. He was able to routinely get open all day and seemingly caught everything thrown in his direction. He is around 6-foot-1 but built very thick and has the frame to add even more weight. He is definitely going to be a big time player in his class.

--Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2025 athlete Damarion Fowlkes was the primary deep threat for Good Counsel and I really liked his overall game. He is committed to Pittsburgh but is a good player and continued to make impressive play after play down the field for his team. When they needed to make a play, they were often looking in his direction.

--Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2026 tight end Rowen Walsh is a massive tight end prospect that really moves well. His offer came as no surprise to me as he was practically open all day and seemed to be a legit 6-foot-6.

--Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2026 defensive lineman David Jackson had a good camp as well and is a quick twitched interior option. Thought he was solid all throughout the day and is somebody that is definitely going to be a prospect I track. I do think he's the type that will look better with pads on than in a camp setting but he stood out.

--The quarterback for Good Counsel was a 2027 prospect Jackson Rice and he really impressed me with his ability to throw the football. He made some really nice plays to keep his team in the game and one throw on a third down in the championship game to

--Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2026 athlete Dylan Cleary is a safety that is on my radar. He just makes plays.

--Thought the Fairmont team was very impressive overall. They took Good Counsel to the wire and almost won but couldn't get a stop at the end. Still, the quarterback Brody Whitehair threw the ball well all day long and Brock Martin and down the line. Even in the big man camp Trevor Bigelow was a key performer.

--There's a lot more I'll try to get to but these are some of my initial thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.