ADVERTISEMENT

Some Friday questions for you

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
1. Skyler Howard's final numbers this year? Yards, TDs, INTs and completionpercentage?

2. Leading rusher?

3. Who catches the most touchdowns? Most passes?

4. Leading tackler? Who ends up with most interceptions?

5. Two Impact newcomers?

6. Final record and finish in Big 12?

7. Leading scorer on the hoops team?

8. Leading rebounder?

9. Starting five? First person off the bench?

10. Does WVU go back to the NCAAs?

Keenan you ask very tough questions

I cant predict this season until I see the health status at the beginning of fall camp. I think WVU has potential for a good to very good season. We've had this before but injuries derailed it (2013 & especially 2014)

Biggest factor is turnovers. Howard can't regress & throw super balls down Main Street in triple coverage. That cost WVU 2 games last season.

As for basketball I couldn't answer any of that probably even at regular season end

1. Skyler Howard's final numbers this year? Yards, TDs, INTs and completion percentage?
  • Yards 3800
  • TDs 38 Passing & 10 running
  • INTs 10
  • Completion % 62
2. Leading rusher?
  • Going with Safe choice of Shell
3. Who catches the most touchdowns? Most passes?
  • Shorts
4. Leading tackler? Who ends up with most interceptions?
  • Askew Henry Both
5. Two Impact newcomers?
  • Kennedy McKoy
  • Steven Smothers
6. Final record and finish in Big 12?
  • 6-3
7. Leading scorer on the hoops team?
  • Paige
8. Leading rebounder?
  • Macon
  • Starting 5 (start of season)
    • Page
    • Carter
    • Macon
    • Miles Jr
    • Adrian
  • First off the bench
    • Phillip
  • Yes

Last edited:
I have one question for you, Keenan: With the strong finish reigniting some interest in WVU baseball around here, will you consider adding some expanded coverage of that sport to this site next year? Maybe a season preview as baseball draws near and quick capsule previews of at least the weekend series...

1. Skyler Howard's final numbers this year? Yards, TDs, INTs and completionpercentage? 24 TDs; 13 Ints; 2,850 yards; 59% completion

2. Leading rusher? Rushel Shell - 850 yards. McCoy and Crawford each get around 400.

3. Who catches the most touchdowns? S.Gibson; Most passes? Shorts

4. Leading tackler? Dravon Henry; Who ends up with most interceptions? Rasul Douglass -5 Ints

5. Two Impact newcomers? Marcus Simms (close edge over Kennedy McCoy and Justin Crawford); and
Kyzir White (close edge over David Long and B.Ferns)

6. Final record and finish in Big 12? 8-5. 4th in B12

7. Leading scorer on the hoops team? Dax Miles

8. Leading rebounder? Ahmad

9. Starting five? Jevon, Dax, Tarik Phillip, Ahmad/Adrian, Macon. First person off the bench? Ahmad/Adrian, second off bench: Bolden

Yes. 11 Seed.

Keenan you ask very tough questions

I cant predict this season until I see the health status at the beginning of fall camp. I think WVU has potential for a good to very good season. We've had this before but injuries derailed it (2013 & especially 2014)

Biggest factor is turnovers. Howard can't regress & throw super balls down Main Street in triple coverage. That cost WVU 2 games last season.

As for basketball I couldn't answer any of that probably even at regular season end

I'm hoping that's the area where Skyler makes his biggest improvement. He doesn't have Kevin White to bring the ball down in a crowd any more. He has to throw it so that the WVU receiver is between the defender and the football. Improving the interceptions/TD passing ratio will be a critical factor in how the Mountaineers do in the 2016 season.

Bring on Missouri!!!!

I'll play

1. Skyler Howard's final numbers this year? Yards, TDs, INTs and completionpercentage?
3,400 pass yards, 29 TDs, 13 INTs, 60% comp. slight improvement all around.

2. Leading rusher? R.Shell

3. Who catches the most touchdowns? Most passes? S.Gibson

4. Leading tackler? Who ends up with most interceptions? D.Askew-Henry

5. Two Impact newcomers? RB Justin Crawford, DB Antonio Crawford

6. Final record and finish in Big 12? Toughie right now, but I'll guess 6-6, 4-5.

7. Leading scorer on the hoops team? Jevon Carter, but Phillip will be close

8. Leading rebounder? Elijah Macon

what I assume, but with heavy substitutions again
Carter
Miles
Ahmad
Adrian
Macon

Phillip* would be fine with Phillip starting at 1, Carter at 2, Miles 6th man. Also fine with 3-guard for stretches: Phillip, Carter, Miles. That provides most scoring ability.

10. Does WVU go back to the NCAAs? Yep. Conference is largely rebuilding with KU again the champion & all but unbeatable at home. 7 seed for WV. Be nice to go back under the radar a bit & see them get back their edge. Expecting not a standout beginning season, but pretty good by March.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT