ADVERTISEMENT

Solution for the nattering nabos of negativity

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
By your standards Baylor should fire its coach.

Baylor 0-3 10-5
WVU 0-3 10-5

Sure, the Bears won the national title. But that 2 years ago. Not good enough for the “what have you done lately” crowd.

Sure, Huggins has been in Final Four, Elite Eight, Sweet Sixteen (3 times in last 7 years). Not good enough for the “what have you done lately” crowd.

What about YOU at your job? Are you CEO. Are you making 6 figures a year?

If not, you sure have some nerve ragging on a Hall of Fame coach with a 63.4% winning percentage at WVU!

Maybe the irrational WVU and Baylor fans should get together after Wednesday’s 7 p.m. matchup on ESPN+ and demand the losing coach by tied up and hung from the WVU Coliseum rafters, tarred and feathered!

Hell, why not hang the winning coach up there, too?

I mean, if we’re going to be absurd, let’s take it all the way into crazyland, which is what I’m seeing on this forum.

Reactions: eerdoc
Baylor won a national title 2 years ago. There’s no comparison here. WVU athletics hasn’t had a consistently competitive team in bball or football in years.

Baylor 0-3 10-5
WVU 0-3 10-5

Sure, the Bears won the national title. But that 2 years ago. Not good enough for the “what have you done lately” crowd.

Sure, Huggins has been in Final Four, Elite Eight, Sweet Sixteen (3 times in last 7 years). Not good enough for the “what have you done lately” crowd.

If not, you sure have some nerve ragging on a Hall of Fame coach with a 63.4% winning percentage at WVU!

Maybe the irrational WVU and Baylor fans should get together after Wednesday’s 7 p.m. matchup on ESPN+ and demand the losing coach by tied up and hung from the WVU Coliseum rafters, tarred and feathered!

I mean, if we’re going to be absurd, let’s take it all the way into crazyland, which is what I’m seeing on this forum.
Congrats, that was indeed an absurd post. We have finished DEAD LAST in conference 2 of the past 4 years. Let that set in for a second... And, since we sit tied for last place so far this year, it doesn't look like we are in store for a turnaround year. Glad you seem to be so content with such a ridiculous low-level of performance. Most of us are not...nor should we be.

And comparing our situation to Baylor takes stupid to the Nth degree. Baylor could lose the rest of their games this year and it would still be a stupid comparison.

Baylor won a national title 2 years ago. There’s no comparison here. WVU athletics hasn’t had a consistently competitive team in bball or football in years.

29-19 in 2020-21
37-26 in 2017-18
35-25 in 2014-15

What years are you looking at to make your statement?

Congrats, that was indeed an absurd post. We have finished DEAD LAST in conference 2 of the past 4 years. Let that set in for a second... And, since we sit tied for last place so far this year, it doesn't look like we are in store for a turnaround year. Glad you seem to be so content with such a ridiculous low-level of performance. Most of us are not...nor should we be.

And comparing our situation to Baylor takes stupid to the Nth degree. Baylor could lose the rest of their games this year and it would still be a stupid comparison.

PERSONAL ATTACKS INSTEAD OF RATIONAL RESPONSES. THAT'S THE MOOD TODAY ABOUT OUR HALL OF FAME COACH, ALONG WITH FRED SCHAUS THE BEST COACHES IN WVU HISTORY. BY PEOPLE WHO FAILED IN THEIR CAREERS, TOO, I'M GUESSING.

Where are you getting those wins and loses? Are you combining years?

SORRY, I SCREWED THAT UP. DANCING NUMBERS SOMETIMES GET GARBLED IN MY BRAIN

HERE ARE THE WINS AND LOSSES FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS UNDER HUGGINS

13-19 in 2012-13
17-16 in 2013-14
25-10 in 2014-15
26-19 in 2015-16
28-9 in 2016-17
26-11 in 2017-18
15-21 in 2018-19
21-10 in 2019-20
19-10 in 2020-21
16-17 in 2021-22

THREE losing seasons in 10 years!

206 W's
142 L's
59.2% winning percentage

Denying there is a problem doesn't make it go away.

Next time Huggins wins the national championship, or even gets to or wins even a game in the NCAAs let alone a championship let us know.

Its laughable to compare a coach 2 years from a national title to one that has been in decline for years and can't win the conference. Huggins has lost entire teams of players and has had two losing seasons since 2017 and only made it to 20 wins once since that time. He's not winning the conference and is starting to finish towards the bottom. He is not entitled to a life long money handout to the tune of millions.

Reactions: GhostofGraves

Tied for 2nd and 3rd in 2 of last 4 years as well.

Next time Huggins wins the national championship, or even gets to or wins even a game in the NCAAs let alone a championship let us know.

Its laughable to compare a coach 2 years from a national title to one that has been in decline for years and can't win the conference. Huggins has lost entire teams of players and has had two losing seasons since 2017 and only made it to 20 wins once since that time. He's not winning the conference and is starting to finish towards the bottom. He is not entitled to a life long money handout to the tune of millions.
False statement.

YOU CONVIENTLY LEFT OUT FINISHED 3RD TWICE SINCE 2017! CHERRYPICKING AGAIN, HUH?

Baylor 0-3 10-5
WVU 0-3 10-5

Beard got fired for 12-2. Nothing wrong with high standards

Do you even check the facts before you say WVU hasn't had a consistently competitive team in basketball in years?

25-10 in 2014-15
26-19 in 2015-16
28-9 in 2016-17
26-11 in 2017-18
15-21 in 2018-19
21-10 in 2019-20
19-10 in 2020-21
16-17 in 2021-22

FIVE 20 or more W's in EIGHT years. Where did you get your "facts"?

Do you even check the facts before you say WVU hasn't had a consistently competitive team in basketball in years?

25-10 in 2014-15
26-19 in 2015-16
28-9 in 2016-17
26-11 in 2017-18
15-21 in 2018-19
21-10 in 2019-20
19-10 in 2020-21
16-17 in 2021-22

25-10 in 2014-15
26-19 in 2015-16
28-9 in 2016-17
26-11 in 2017-18
15-21 in 2018-19
21-10 in 2019-20
19-10 in 2020-21
16-17 in 2021-22
Total: 176-107 = 62.1 winning %

Huggins record in games played prior to conference
games during the same period of time:
81-11 = 88 winning % -- Most were cupcakes

176-107
Less: 81-11
95-96 record during conference play, Big 12 tourney play, and
post-tournament play during the same period of time = 49.7% Pathetic.

Reactions: Rootmaster

25-10 in 2014-15
26-19 in 2015-16
28-9 in 2016-17
26-11 in 2017-18
15-21 in 2018-19
21-10 in 2019-20
19-10 in 2020-21
16-17 in 2021-22

Fans say hey Baylor what have you done lately. 0-3 in Big 12.

Tied for 2nd and 3rd in 2 of last 4 years as well.
You can try to shine this turd all you wish, but I think we've won about 38% of our conference games over the past five years....including a miserable 0-3 start this year. Our downfall started in the 2018 season when we went 4-14 in conference and the one lone winning record over the past five years was the 2020 Covid year.

So, you can try to convince people otherwise, but the record says this program has been experiencing a sustained and serious decline.

You can try to shine this turd all you wish, but I think we've won about 38% of our conference games over the past five years....including a miserable 0-3 start this year. Our downfall started in the 2018 season when we went 4-14 in conference and the one lone winning record over the past five years was the 2020 Covid year.

So, you can try to convince people otherwise, but the record says this program has been experiencing a sustained and serious decline.
Huggins will leave when Huggins wants to. Shine that you liberal piece of shit.

The basketball program is in decline and has been for a few years. Build a record early against lower level teams and fall apart in conference play. Then listen to Huggs rant about missing shots, not rebounding, clanking foul shots, and standing around on defense. That morphs into trying new rotations and eventually...getting it fixed. Huggs loves the state and the University. He has been a highly successful coach but...he looks and acts tired, frustrated, and wore down. This should be his last year.

Huggins will leave when Huggins wants to leave.

I own you rootytooty.

Huggins will leave when Huggins wants to. Shine that you liberal piece of shit.
You're the biggest chump on these boards...and almost certainly as big a loser in life as Huggins is on the court these days. I'm sure shitty mediocrity has always been just fine and dandy in your pathetic world.

Reactions: Steak Sub
You're the biggest chump on these boards...and almost certainly as big a loser in life as Huggins is on the court these days. I'm sure shitty mediocrity has always been just fine and dandy in your pathetic world.
And you pretend to be a fan so you can moc and throw shit on the wall. I support WVU.

ADVERTISEMENT