ADVERTISEMENT

So what is with this sex scandle with the Buckeye Wrestling

MountainBill

All-American
May 29, 2001
program? Hearing that a doctor there abused wrestlers? I remember working out with some college wrestlers (and OSU is near elite as far as that goes)....those guys could inflict a LOT of pain on some old out of shape doctor...is this legit?

Now we know why tOSUGrad90 spends all his time here.

Another embarrassing scandal from the Big 10....this time the Bucknuts were caught in one. Maybe the should just place the whole conference on a nice long probation. Penn State, Michigan State.....now osu.....shameful what these universities let happen.

What screwed up sicko in their right mind would be hands on with a college wrestler? I mean the wrestlers I went to school with at WVU were the baddest asses on campus. They'd generally beat any football players ass there was as a warmup cause they really knew how to fight. Those guys knew chokes and jujitsu before UFC was mainstream. I remember Huckaby and another engineering major who was a finalist on the 96 Olympic team (name escapes me-he didn't make it) that were bouncing downtown. Those 2 guys beat the hell out of about 6-8 frat boys who tried them and failed BAD.

I can see how the Meatchicken State Doc can get by with harassing swimmers, gymnasts, and other female athletes, but no way do I see how any doc can do this to a college wrestler. A typical college wrestler above 180# can kill people. They are bad muthas!

What screwed up sicko in their right mind would be hands on with a college wrestler? I mean the wrestlers I went to school with at WVU were the baddest asses on campus. They'd generally beat any football players ass there was as a warmup cause they really knew how to fight. Those guys knew chokes and jujitsu before UFC was mainstream. I remember Huckaby and another engineering major who was a finalist on the 96 Olympic team (name escapes me-he didn't make it) that were bouncing downtown. Those 2 guys beat the hell out of about 6-8 frat boys who tried them and failed BAD.

I can see how the Meatchicken State Doc can get by with harassing swimmers, gymnasts, and other female athletes, but no way do I see how any doc can do this to a college wrestler. A typical college wrestler above 180# can kill people. They are bad muthas!

What are the implications of what you just wrote?

Some people are uncomfortable questioning authority. I don't know the details, but it probably wasn't a confrontation as much as it was "inappropriate". Wonder if it will ever all come out. They are saying that a number of non-revenue sports were involved on the local news.

What are the implications of what you just wrote?
That 2 engineers I knew at WVU who also wrestled would have stomped a mud hole and walked it dry any sicko male. doctor who inappropriately touched them.

I would have too btw. That shit don't fly in my world.

That 2 engineers I knew at WVU who also wrestled would have stomped a mud hole and walked it dry any sicko male. doctor who inappropriately touched them.

I would have too btw. That shit don't fly in my world.

I assume you weren’t a D1 wrestler. Still,if you did not want to be molested, you would not have been.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that sh..

Correct on your assumption. I was not a D1 wrestler.. And also correct you don't have to be a wrestler to stand up against that kind of stuff as an ADULT.

program? Hearing that a doctor there abused wrestlers? I remember working out with some college wrestlers (and OSU is near elite as far as that goes)....those guys could inflict a LOT of pain on some old out of shape doctor...is this legit?

A college wrestler is as tough as they get. Most are 18 years old. All are male. I doubt the doctor could physically rape them unless drugs were involved. At 18 would that be abuse or harassment? This situation seems like a #metoo gone wild.

Another embarrassing scandal from the Big 10....this time the Bucknuts were caught in one. Maybe the should just place the whole conference on a nice long probation. Penn State, Michigan State.....now osu.....shameful what these universities let happen.

Typical ignorant non factual post. No criminal charges in 40 years. No civil complaints either. Basically no one knows anything yet but you feel free to be as ignorant as you like.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

You answered your own question. Wrestlers are as tough as they come. Only drugs could give a 40 something old doc the ability to overpower a college wrestler. Chances are it didn’t happen.

Some people are uncomfortable questioning authority. I don't know the details, but it probably wasn't a confrontation as much as it was "inappropriate". Wonder if it will ever all come out. They are saying that a number of non-revenue sports were involved on the local news.

And now he goal posts move to “inappropriate”. Should be interesting how #metoo quantifies how much “unproved inappropriateness” is worth. I’m talkin only wrestling situation and Jordan. What a clown show.

You answered your own question. Wrestlers are as tough as they come. Only drugs could give a 40 something old doc the ability to overpower a college wrestler. Chances are it didn’t happen.
A college wrestler at one of the more elite programs (OSU would be one of them) would physically ruin a middle aged doctor in less than 3 seconds. This doctor supposedly had other sports programs under his watch. ZERO complaints as far as I've seen. Only complaints from wrestlers who were there when the young assistant coach Jim Jordan was there. A couple of these making complaints now have police records and are bankrupt. The law firm pushing the complaints may have done some seriously unethical things that Jordan has oversight on. This is going to be very interesting case to watch unfold. I am sure the media currently attacking Jordan will make the necessary corrections on page A-32....

A college wrestler at one of the more elite programs (OSU would be one of them) would physically ruin a middle aged doctor in less than 3 seconds. This doctor supposedly had other sports programs under his watch. ZERO complaints as far as I've seen. Only complaints from wrestlers who were there when the young assistant coach Jim Jordan was there. A couple of these making complaints now have police records and are bankrupt. The law firm pushing the complaints may have done some seriously unethical things that Jordan has oversight on. This is going to be very interesting case to watch unfold. I am sure the media currently attacking Jordan will make the necessary corrections on page A-32....

Total political hack job for sure. Sad #metoo crap is my bet.

So Sandusky just overpowered football players, or do you just get away with shit when you can ruin someone? I've read some weird shit about the culture within the wrestling program at OSU. 7 wrestlers now talking and implications that other non- revenue sports are involved. Pretty funny that another squeaky clean Big Ten school has all this smoke going up. The reality of Sandusky has made it possible that anything is possible.

Reactions: Phil
So Sandusky just overpowered football players, or do you just get away with shit when you can ruin someone? I've read some weird shit about the culture within the wrestling program at OSU. 7 wrestlers now talking and implications that other non- revenue sports are involved. Pretty funny that another squeaky clean Big Ten school has all this smoke going up. The reality of Sandusky has made it possible that anything is possible.

LOL at you and your moronic post. Sandusky didn’t overpower college football players you F’n moron. They were young kids for the most part. What did I miss goofball? What college football players do you think Sandusky sexually abused haha. @Orlaco

He’s all yours

LOL at you and your moronic post. Sandusky didn’t overpower college football players you F’n moron. They were young kids for the most part. What did I miss goofball? What college football players do you think Sandusky sexually abused haha. @Orlaco

He’s all yours
And you think football players knew nothing about what was going on? That only Joe and Jerry knew what was going on? Some knew and they didn't do squat because they were more concerned with their own self interest. No doubt some assistant coaches made the same decision. Adults. They pinned it all on Sandusky and stopped asking any more questions. I don't know what actually happened at OSU and neither do you. Maybe all smoke and no fire. Not sure it really matters as the doc has been dead for ten years. But I'd think OSU would want to make sure there is nothing going on now.

Seems pretty certain that the doc was a little off plum. HOWEVER, I'm confused you mean that Ohio State wrestlers could not take care of themselves when the guy made moves on them? Now that seems a whole lot squirrely to me. Seems after getting his ass kicked a couple of times he would have stopped it or gone somewhere else.

And you think football players knew nothing about what was going on? That only Joe and Jerry knew what was going on? Some knew and they didn't do squat because they were more concerned with their own self interest. No doubt some assistant coaches made the same decision. Adults. They pinned it all on Sandusky and stopped asking any more questions. I don't know what actually happened at OSU and neither do you. Maybe all smoke and no fire. Not sure it really matters as the doc has been dead for ten years. But I'd think OSU would want to make sure there is nothing going on now.

Knowing and hearing is one thing. Getting abesed is another. No college football player got abused at Penn st.

Knowing and hearing is one thing. Getting abesed is another. No college football player got abused at Penn st.
No? If you saw that crap and did nothing you are the same as the wrestlers who apparently had things done to them and did nothing. Rendered powerless and thus an enabler. I read a bunch of stories about the OSU deal and NONE of them relate that a wrestler EVER physically confronted the doctor. They were creeped out, asked for a different doctor to do their physical but none of them apparently chose to beat the crap out of a school official and the team doctor. It seemed common knowledge that he was a weirdo. The school didn't want to do anything about him. Reading more about this case it seems that the current kerfuffel is all about what Jim Jordan knew and when he knew it, just like Joe Pa. There doesn't seem to be much doubt that it happened. Now you might argue that what he did wasn't abuse, just perversion. You might have an argument that the recent reporting is political in nature, targeting a GOP congressman. This happened 15 yrs ago or more. But I think the argument that it could not have happened because wrestlers are tough guys ignores the fact that people in positions of authority can get away with shit for a long time. The guy is already holding your balls and telling you to cough, (you know how frickin awkward that is)HE is the medical professional not you, If he holds onto your balls for ten minutes maybe that means he sees something wrong. What are you most, scared?, worried? or angry? The doc was a pervert, just like the one at Michigan State, and they got away with it for years without getting his ass kicked or fired. I have no trouble believing that Jordan and others knew something about it, just as I bet there were lots of people who knew about Jerry. They just don't want to ruin their gig, lose their job, their scholarship, the spot on the depth chart, whatever. Sick bunch of f&*ckers, that's for sure. Being a WVU grad living near Columbus, OH I think it is great Big10 publicity!

ADVERTISEMENT