ADVERTISEMENT

So, what crappy bowl game we getting and losing?

Toilet Bowl, most likely. That's what our defense deserves to play in after its last 6 quarters.

Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl

No idea where it is and don’t give a F about when it is.

No....
That bowl game will probably be Oklahoma St vs Texas A&M

WV will be playing the Alamo Bowl or the Camping World Bowl in Orlando

Not really...
WV beat the weakest Texas team going forward.
Even with that Texas still has a chance to win the Big XII Championship

Unlike Iowa St and WV Texas actually plays Defense.

And already stopped OU and gave them major issues.

42-41 great defense Texas has.

OU embarrasses Ucheat in title game.

Whatever bowel they go to, it'll be of little consequence. I'd be fine if the seniors held themselves out to protect their draft status. I'd rather the guys coming back get meaningful practice and game experience. Of course the seniors are welcome and will get their usual spots if they want them as they've earned that right. But IF any of them didn't want therir spot, I would take getting guys ready to play in future seasons over winning a "who cares" bowl.

42-41 great defense Texas has.

OU embarrasses Ucheat in title game.

Texas took the foot off the gas up 45-24 with 6 minutes left.

But....
They did the same against Kansas and others.

Kyler is a beast.
Scored three TDs in the matter of minutes.

Texas has been experimenting with younger players to use against OU.

Texas' DEs and LBs can keep Kyler in the pocket.

Problem will be their two WRs.
Both are going to play in the NFL and put up numbers.

Should be a great game.

Would you guys be more inclined to take a "lesser" bowl to play Pitt? I know the bowl tie ins define this, but in a perfect world...

Don't care, season is over....one of the top 3 crushing defeats in the last 40 years....nice job 'team'...rank it right up there with Rich Rod losing to Pitt right before he left...and Major Harris getting hurt in the opening minutes against Notre Dame.

Another lost Heisman
Another lost NC shot
Another lost Big XII champ shot
Another horrible D performance

It will never ever end....get used to it.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Don't care, season is over....one of the top 3 crushing defeats in the last 40 years....nice job 'team'...rank it right up there with Rich Rod losing to Pitt right before he left...and Major Harris getting hurt in the opening minutes against Notre Dame.

Another lost Heisman
Another lost NC shot

Seems to be our thing.

Texas took the foot off the gas up 45-24 with 6 minutes left.

But....
They did the same against Kansas and others.

Kyler is a beast.
Scored three TDs in the matter of minutes.

Texas has been experimenting with younger players to use against OU.

Texas' DEs and LBs can keep Kyler in the pocket.

Problem will be their two WRs.
Both are going to play in the NFL and put up numbers.

Should be a great game.

532 total yards.

Keep drinking cool aid. It suits you.

That's what our defense deserves to play in after its last 6 quarters.

As bad as the defense played down the stretch...there's a lot of blame to go around. Offense didn't take advantage of field position, or convert key plays. Grier suddenly forgot how to not turn the ball over this season. Overall tackles became just a subject in the how-to-play-football manual. Poorly coached. Poorly managed. Poorly motivated.

Reactions: lakeers
All Mountaineer 'fans' have choices. Buy tickets and attend the bowl game or do not buy ticket and instead watch on HDTV.............or just not watch the game period. Pick one. I don't care what you decide. As for ole Warez, I will watch the bowl game.........no matter who we play...........on my giant screen HDTV (with pip) and enjoy my Chinese take out. Entertainment? Yes, that's all a ball game is for me and that's all it should be for you. Don't let this game take over your life! Message me if you want to talk about it. Warez

Another lost Heisman
Another lost NC shot

Youre right, it wont end because thats just the way sports work. For all the heartbreakers we also get the fun BCS bowl wins, the random upsets, the good wins like @ Texas, Final 4s, Big East Tourney wins, ect.

Reactions: wvvidd
That’s what you said after we beat Texas in Charlie Strongs 2nd and 3rd years as well.

Charlie Strong had issues with development under the strength and conditioning program.

He had some idiot doing some cross training bullshit because they thought that would help in the Big XII.

Texas will start in the Top 5 and an important game against LSU in Austin will determine the fate of the Big XII.
Their offense is what WV had this year in terms of returning starters.
But they add two slot WRs with elite speed.
Then add Noah Cain. A RB that may not have the top end speed but his eyes are the best of any RB coming into college next year.

Another lost Heisman
Another lost NC shot

Somebody knows how it is.

As bad as the defense played down the stretch...there's a lot of blame to go around. Offense didn't take advantage of field position, or convert key plays. Grier suddenly forgot how to not turn the ball over this season. Overall tackles became just a subject in the how-to-play-football manual. Poorly coached. Poorly managed. Poorly motivated.

That's been the norm the last 8 years

Reactions: GoWVU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT