ADVERTISEMENT

So This Short Conversation Happened Today…

Orlaco

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
…at work.

I live relatively close to Penn State and crossed paths with an employee of another company that I occasionally deal/chat with…and he was wearing a PSU shirt. I asked, ‘Looking forward to the game tomorrow?’. …and at some point after a ‘yes’ was going to slip in that I’m an Eers fan. Before I could get there, he explained he hated the ‘three warm up games each season’ AND PSU shouldn’t play non-football schools. I’m a dick to our own fans (family)…but outsiders are the worst.

As he talked (explaining he was alumni) , I absorbed his words. I consider myself moderately witty and certainly receptive of sarcasm (play), but had to decide if he already knew I’m all-everything WVU…and he was just mind-f’n me. At this point, I decided, what’s it matter?

Sure, eventually I let him know I’m a WVU fan. …he didn’t seem fazed by his previous comments. I didn’t ‘defend the honor of WVU’. …I just took his parting words, ‘Hey, maybe you guys keep it close’. I’m not a shit-talker to other fans…most certainly not before the game.

———-

Those comments, I put in my wallet. Come Tuesday, I need to be able to pull them out and put the best Orlaco’n twist possible when reminding him of the conversation.

I NEED to be able to talk shit…with the win backing my words.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.