ADVERTISEMENT

So...Pens /Fla tonight. ...

torontoeers

All-American
Nov 20, 2010
Port Perry Ontario
I'm seeing an effort and I must say MAF has been stellar through the season thus far...starting to look like a contract I questioned is their damn best one on the books! Sid FINALLY off the shnide! Bout time...Sprong with immigration issues thus not in the lineup? He's been in Canada for 2 years, and it's not like he's somebody looking for work from Somalia? What the hell is going on with that? I would expect the team should have his papers better organized than what they seem to be?!?....oh great...a Panthers goal as I am typing...damnit!

Was out tonight.....listened to the 1st period and most of the second on XM.....but didn't turn on the telecast until the 9 minute mark of the 3rd period with the Pens up 2-0. Of course, I jinxed MAF and the rest of the team in regulation. Haven't seen either of the two Pens goals yet.......

Since I didn't see most of the game, I won't comment too much other than the fact it sounded like the Pens dominated the first......and at worst, the Panthers evened things up over the next two. I understand some of the craziness you mentioned, but none more than Gallant demanding an offside call in OT which he (nor anyone on his bench) was in any position to make.

Of course, he did it because he had absolutely nothing to lose.....and proved it by virtually running from the bench to the locker room after the call was made. But like you said above, glad Sid got off the snide; I was listening to NHL Network Radio today, and the amount of wise remarks directed toward Crosby (and the Pens) was an embarrassment.

Was out tonight.....listened to the 1st period and most of the second on XM.....but didn't turn on the telecast until the 9 minute mark of the 3rd period with the Pens up 2-0. Of course, I jinxed MAF and the rest of the team in regulation. Haven't seen either of the two Pens goals yet.......

Since I didn't see most of the game, I won't comment too much other than the fact it sounded like the Pens dominated the first......and at worst, the Panthers evened things up over the next two. I understand some of the craziness you mentioned, but none more than Gallant demanding an offside call in OT which he (nor anyone on his bench) was in any position to make.

Of course, he did it because he had absolutely nothing to lose.....and proved it by virtually running from the bench to the locker room after the call was made. But like you said above, glad Sid got off the snide; I was listening to NHL Network Radio today, and the amount of wise remarks directed toward Crosby (and the Pens) was an embarrassment.
I definitely liked the Pens effort tonight. Panthers won in the "Head Coaches who don't look like funeral directors department." LOL!

How was that no goal call ?? Florida backers are/were acting like they got absolutely jobbed, and that it was just the latest example of the League's conspiracy against the "little" (meaning from a reputation standpoint) guys.

By far the best team effort of the season. I am not sure if it was Bob Rossi or me (via twitter) calling Sid out for his efforts that lit the fire under his butt but I will take the credit!! :sunglasses: He was flying last night and doing all the things he hadn't been like driving to the net, fore-checking, and SHOOTING. I loved it. MAF was in beast mode. Two odd bounces cost him....bounces the Pens never seem to get.

I have no idea how the league overturned that Florida goal. Heck I am not sure it didn't hit Scuderi's stick.

I finally saw the Crosby goal; every bit the laser shot (a little higher in the net, though) of Kessel's versus Dallas in Game #1.

I also finally saw the no-goal call; while I'm not sure it was, in the strictest sense, a BAD one......and that is, assuming it indeed was touched by a Panthers player rather than Scuderi......I myself think, if the original call on the ice was a good goal, that the replay wasn't conclusive enough to overturn it. I'd therefore probably be PO'd if that call reversal happened to the Pens. But as I always say, if somebody is going to get the calls, I'd rather it be my team rather than the opponent.

Meanwhile, not sure if you heard the news this morning that Columbus has sacrificed Todd Richards in favor......of all people.....John Tortorella. This selection leads me to believe that Davidson and Kekalainen officially decided their players weren't taking the losing streak seriously enough, and last night's 4-0 blitz at home (though statistically, the Jackets seemed to show up) meant they needed their asses kicked.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to watch how well this fairly young roster.....and in particular, a lost/struggling (and highly-paid) Ruskkie like Bobrovsky.....takes to Torts' whack-job act. BTW, NHL Network Radio is reporting that based apparently on Torts's contract status with Vancouver that the Canucks actually get a #2 pick from them in compensation.

This Torts hire absolutely smacks of desperation from JD...I suppose if a team continues to flounder the way the Jackets have over the years then a BIG change is what's needed. I do think JD is a pretty good evaluator of talent, both on the ice and off it but this move seems awfully risky....he's likely down to his last bullet in the chamber...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT