ADVERTISEMENT

So now I think he's going to go national emergency route.

Mntneer

Heisman Winner
Oct 8, 2001
It's obvious that, like I said previously, he knows that Nancy and Chuck are not going to negotiate an inch on funding for a wall of any sort.

The Dems have blown the opportunity to get something done as I think even the slightest olive branch would have given Trump the cover he's looking for to save face.

I'm sorry but only a partisan with a preconceived opinion would come to the conclusion that dems blew it.

An objective mind will not agree. I know you don't think I'm objective and that is ok. Go find objective viewpoints instead of slanted ones.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER

GOP and Democrats Fully Fund a Border Wall - In Jordan
The U.S.-funded, $500 million, 274-mile Jordan-Iraq border wall was described by Vice.com, in a 2016 article titled "The Great Wall of Jordan: How the US Wants to Keep the Islamic State Out"; Phase - JBSP - Erection - Towers - September The first phase of the JBSP, the erection of the towers, was completed in September 2009.

US Building "Trump" Border Wall in Tunisia: Obama Funding ...
In fact, the US is now funding a 125-mile long wall between the Tunisian border and Libya to the tune of over $ 25 million dollars, to achieve just that and the US is paying for the 'wacky' wall.

The Dems have blown the opportunity to get something done as I think even the slightest olive branch would have given Trump the cover he's looking for to save face.
Maybe they don't feel the need to budge because they know the GOP is ready to open up the government?

This is not the right time for that negotiation. Make it part of the total immigration negotiation.

Reactions: Boomboom521
Maybe they don't feel the need to budge because they know the GOP is ready to open up the government?

This is not the right time for that negotiation. Make it part of the total immigration negotiation.
If they agreed to fund it as part of an overall immigration overhaul he would probably agree

Reactions: rog1187
If thet agreed to fund it as part of an overall immigration overhaul he would probably agree
They did in 2017 or 2018 and something pushed both sides away (Trump declaring one thing and changing his mind later) He's been in office for 2 years and never rammed this through. Why, all of a sudden, now?

They did in 2017 or 2018 and something pushed both sides away (Trump declaring one thing and changing his mind later) He's been in office for 2 years and never rammed this through. Why, all of a sudden, now?
Didnt he try before when he offered them DACA?

If they agreed to fund it as part of an overall immigration overhaul he would probably agree
Then Trump needs to take that path. But you have been arguing for weeks against that idea.

laura-ingraham.jpg

Reactions: moe
Then Trump needs to take that path. But you have been arguing for weeks against that idea.
I argued against what idea? Ive said all along they should agree to fund the wall and open the government and do it with whatever compromise necessary.

Didnt he try before when he offered them DACA?
Yes. And at one point BOTH sides agreed to funding $20ish billion for that stupid wall. I think more hardline anti immigration folks in the WH started pushing for more (cuts to legal immigration numbers, VISAs, etc) and BOTH sides walked away. At least that was a negotiation.

Reactions: Boomboom521
Yes. And at one point BOTH sides agreed to funding $20ish billion for that stupid wall. I think more hardline anti immigration folks in the WH started pushing for more (cuts to legal immigration numbers, VISAs, etc) and BOTH sides walked away. At least that was a negotiation.
I dont remember the particulars but this would be an easy negotiation for Nancy abd Chuck if they wanted it.

I argued against what idea? Ive said all along they should agree to fund the wall and open the government and do it with whatever compromise necessary.
You now have stated two distinctly different opinions on the same thread. Very typical. Don't care to discuss as this post appears to be your true opinion and will get nowhere with Congress.

I dont remember the particulars but this would be an easy negotiation for Nancy abd Chuck if they wanted it.
And nothing to do with shutting the government down. Zero. Zilch. I'd go even farther and bet the dems are going to want something in the next 2 years, ie, a bargaining chip!!!! I though this guy was good at deals?

You now have stated two distinctly different opinions on the same thread. Very typical. Don't care to discuss as this post appears to be your true opinion and will get nowhere with Congress.
So compromise has no chance in Congress? Tell me again how this is all Trumps fault?

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I'm sorry but only a partisan with a preconceived opinion would come to the conclusion that dems blew it.

An objective mind will not agree. I know you don't think I'm objective and that is ok. Go find objective viewpoints instead of slanted ones.

They've blown it. It's an objective opinion.

Not as much pop and sizzle with that type of governing.....this is “the Donald”.....prime time showdown kind of governing. A compromise with Dems in power now, would only give them a win. Rather President Haircut will force this ruse to make him take the Captain America shield in honor of law and order and troops and America and Jesus. While the Dems represent the globalist - communist invasion accepting force working against all that’s holy.

What’s funny about this to me, is that Trump was ready to cave until Ann Coulter and the Fox News legs team trashed him. Now he acts like it’s a moral imperative? Spineless and weak minded fool with no real compass on running the nation.

Reactions: moe
He wants the wall, and will not reopen the government without funding for the wall.
He just said he asked the dems if he agreed to reopen the governmwnt would they do border security within 30 days. They said no.

If that is indeed true that sounds like compromise.

So compromise has no chance in Congress? Tell me again how this is all Trumps fault?
No compromise of keeping the country hostage keeping it shut down as leverage for his wall funding which he promised Mexico would pay for it.

This has been discussed enough. Get government open, and then debate and compromise on immigration and border security. This is what coop suggested and it appeared you agreed with your post.

What’s funny about this to me, is that Trump was ready to cave until Ann Coulter and the Fox News legs team trashed him. Now he acts like it’s a moral imperative? Spineless and weak minded fool with no real compass on running the nation.
He was ready to cave and didnt makes him spineless. You said that.

He almost had a spine and agreed with you.

This is the big joke about the left.

He just said he asked the dems if he agreed to reopen the governmwnt would they do border security within 30 days. They said no.

Pass the fvcking bill, open the government, then govern.

No compromise of keeping the country hostage keeping it shut down as leverage for his wall funding which he promised Mexico would pay for it.

This has been discussed enough. Get government open, and then debate and compromise on immigration and border security. This is what coop suggested and it appeared you agreed with your post.
Im gonna need the english version of that before I can reapond.

I'm sorry....what is the compromise there? Waiting 30 days to fund the wall? I don't get it.

He was ready to cave and didnt makes him spineless. You said that.

He almost had a spine and agreed with you.

This is the big joke about the left.
He didn’t because TV personalities told him it was bad. Not his advisors. Not his moral compass. The talking heads on TV. The excuses you guys make for this man are ridiculous. God, I see what it must have been like for conservatives over Obama’s 8.

He didn’t because TV personalities told him it was bad. Not his advisors. Not his moral compass. The talking heads on TV. The excuses you guys make for this man are ridiculous. God, I see what it must have been like for conservatives over Obama’s 8.
Is that what CNN told you?

Dems should offer $8 billion for wall funding in exchange for DACA concessions above what he was willing to go...plus an agreement to look at a comprehensive policy on immigration issues.

Dems should offer $8 billion for wall funding in exchange for DACA concessions above what he was willing to go...plus an agreement to look at a comprehensive policy on immigration issues.
Nancy doesn't wants a win win now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT