ADVERTISEMENT

So if we let UConn and/or Cincinnati in, will they give us our $20 million back?

EnginEER 89

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
WVU's Big East exit fee partly went to them after all.

I saw that UConn hired Mike Tranghese as a consultant as they bid to be an expansion team. They should be in the Atlantic Ten any time now. ;)

LGM!

UConn is just awful. If they didn't have Jim Calhoun and Gino Auriemma, then they'd never been relevant in anything.

Cincinnati is basketball. Their football program benefited from poor Big Least years and us having Stewart. Otherwise they'd never be seriously considered.

I am vomiting in my mouth anytime the supposed "candidates" are mentioned. It's the Big Least all over again.

Reactions: WVU80ate
UConn is just awful. If they didn't have Jim Calhoun and Gino Auriemma, then they'd never been relevant in anything.

Cincinnati is basketball. Their football program benefited from poor Big Least years and us having Stewart. Otherwise they'd never be seriously considered.

I am vomiting in my mouth anytime the supposed "candidates" are mentioned. It's the Big Least all over again.

Actually the big least all over again would be the ACC
Cryami, VT, sPitt, Cuse, BC, UofL

Doesn't matter who the Big12 chooses. Everyone who is a current member is going to receive millions more so expansion it is.http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ate-additional-7-million-year-current-members Houston and BYU are above average additions. Cincinnati and UConn well WVU fans can't really stick their noses in the air at them because one of WVU'S most beloved coaches had a tough time beating them on the football field and WVU turned out fine.

Doesn't matter who the Big12 chooses. Everyone who is a current member is going to receive millions more so expansion it is.http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ate-additional-7-million-year-current-members Houston and BYU are above average additions. Cincinnati and UConn well WVU fans can't really stick their noses in the air at them because one of WVU'S most beloved coaches had a tough time beating them on the football field and WVU turned out fine.
BYU and either Houston or Colorado State.

In fairness the Big East didn't have Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor and a rising TCU program.

UCF brings a huge market, huge student base, and epic recruiting grounds. Also already have a 45k stadium that they can upgrade in size tomorrow. Ya they had a horrible year but they did beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl in 2013 and won the conference again in 2015. They are still a young program but putting a foot print in SEC country I think would be huge (especially after taking Texas A&M away). The programs recruiting is taking off under Frost but with the BIG12 tag that would be interesting in C. Florida.

UCF brings a huge market, huge student base, and epic recruiting grounds. Also already have a 45k stadium that they can upgrade in size tomorrow. Ya they had a horrible year but they did beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl in 2013 and won the conference again in 2015. They are still a young program but putting a foot print in SEC country I think would be huge (especially after taking Texas A&M away). The programs recruiting is taking off under Frost but with the BIG12 tag that would be interesting in C. Florida.

UCF would be a better pick then most of the available candidates. They bring a new market and access to Florida recruiting and Florida football players are the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT