ADVERTISEMENT

So here's how it went down

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
Huggs saw the scroll on TV about Tennessee dropping out of Jimmy V and made a quick phone call to some connections and a short while later it was a done deal..........so let's ponder this for just a moment.........a coach calls ESPN and volunteers (no pun intended) to play the #1 team in the country.........but somehow there still exists in the minds of certain people the fantasy that he is afraid to play a mid major team with a mouthy AD and a coach who can't dress himself........as lee corso would say..."..Not so fast my friend"....the moral of the story.......to quote The Rock......." know your role and shut your mouths"

Last edited:
Huggs saw the scroll on TV about Tennessee dropping out of Jimmy V and made a quick phone call to some connections and a short while later it was a done deal..........so let's ponder this for just a moment.........a coach calls ESPN and volunteers (no pun intended) to play the #1 team in the country.........but somehow there still exists in the minds of certain people the fantasy that he is afraid to play a mid major team with a mouthy AD and a coach who can't dress himself........as lee corso would say..."..Not so fast my friend"....the moral of the story.......to quote The Rock......." know your role and shut your mouths"
You fail to recognize the difference in the scenario's. Huggy has nothing to lose or explain for by losing to Gonzaga ( although they are a phony #1) but would have Mounties jumping off buildings if he lost to MU. Which has happening on many occasions in the past and the world did not fall off its axis. Strange attitude for Huggy to take cancelling a series on a neutral site that had been played for nearly 40 years but he can think he's punishing MU by taking his ball and running to the house if he wants to, we don't deny that. But we're not willing to heap the praise on him you boys do for that action , we just call him chickenshit, which of course he is, he can play all the Gonzaga's he wants but that won't change the fact he's concerned about facing the Herd!

"a coach who can't dress himself"????? Have you ever checked out the garb that tHuggs wears?

"a coach who can't dress himself"????? Have you ever checked out the garb that tHuggs wears?
Huggy has Abdullah the Tent Maker on speed dial! Seriously, I'm concerned the guy may keel over with another heart episode, he's wrong about the MU game but I don't want to see the knucklehead die!

You fail to recognize the difference in the scenario's. Huggy has nothing to lose or explain for by losing to Gonzaga ( although they are a phony #1) but would have Mounties jumping off buildings if he lost to MU. Which has happening on many occasions in the past and the world did not fall off its axis. Strange attitude for Huggy to take cancelling a series on a neutral site that had been played for nearly 40 years but he can think he's punishing MU by taking his ball and running to the house if he wants to, we don't deny that. But we're not willing to heap the praise on him you boys do for that action , we just call him chickenshit, which of course he is, he can play all the Gonzaga's he wants but that won't change the fact he's concerned about facing the Herd!
MU who??? Game means nothing to WV fans.

MU who??? Game means nothing to WV fans.
Went to many games between the two...not the attitude I saw when the game was being played. More like concern, relief or desperation. But if we don't play you boys don't have to experience any of those emotions!

his only concern is for the bb future of the herd...the beating he would inflict might make marshla drop down to D2

Went to many games between the two...not the attitude I saw when the game was being played. More like concern, relief or desperation. But if we don't play you boys don't have to experience any of those emotions!
Pure fantasyland for you idiots.

Gonzaga is a phony #1 but Marshall playing a cupcake schedule is deserving of their football ranking? Keep dodging the big boys.

Having to travel to Wright State says all you need to know about Marshall basketball
We're not "required" to travel to Wright State, it's that we believe in road games in November and December. Not everyone follow Huggy's tact!

Possible...no stronger advantage than home court in college basketball!
The Horizon league teams are hard to beat on their floor. Wright State was the top team in the conference last year, but lost to Northern Kentucky in the conference tournament. Not sure what they have back, but it will be a tall task for the Herd to leave Dayton with a win.

We're not "required" to travel to Wright State, it's that we believe in road games in November and December. Not everyone follow Huggy's tact!
I guess last years road games at St Johns and Pitt don’t count. Toss in a neutral site game vs Ohio State in Cleveland. FYI: Cleveland is in Ohio.

The Horizon league teams are hard to beat on their floor. Wright State was the top team in the conference last year, but lost to Northern Kentucky in the conference tournament. Not sure what they have back, but it will be a tall task for the Herd to leave Dayton with a win.
We've split with them in past home and home, I googled them and they are the Horizon Conference media pick to win the league. Tough task, I agree... but not Mission Impossible, I kind of like our team!

Getting on the road in November and December are what mid-majors have to do. Accept your status

Getting on the road in November and December are what mid-majors have to do. Accept your status
Yawn...maybe that's why you guys have never won anything of note, Championship games are not played exclusively in Morgantown! Hahahahahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Humptod
I wonder how much "home court advantage" will be afforded the Mounties when they play in the collyseeum with no fans in the stands?

All on neutral floors. No real away games.
let me explain.......if you are not "at home" then you are "away"......any game not at your venue is a "road game".....we will start on the multiplication tables tomorrow after you have time to digest today's lesson :mask:

Different result at the Shott.
That is true, but it certainly blows away the Huggy doesn’t play road games till January statement, does it.

Plus for good measure, West Virginia is playing at Georgetown Sunday. Go back to fashion smack. Comparing current WVU vs Marshall isn’t working out too well right now.

WVU didn't have a choice, but to play @ has been Georgetown, Coach, as the game is part of the Big East-Big 12 Challenge. By the way, Georgetown lost to Navy last night, and hasn't been worth a sh!t since the old big man retired many years ago.

WVU didn't have a choice, but to play @ has been Georgetown, Coach, as the game is part of the Big East-Big 12 Challenge. By the way, Georgetown lost to Navy last night, and hasn't been worth a sh!t since the old big man retired many years ago.
what is a umass lowell anyway?

A team with a future NBA player that beat San Francisco just before USF beat No. 4 Virginia. When is WVU going to make up its postponed game with the pesky Penguins of Youngstown State? Will that be before or after the Old Fold & Blew's clash with juggernaut Robert Morris? Oh, and try not to let mighty MAC school Buffalo beat y'all again this season.

A team with a future NBA player that beat San Francisco just before USF beat No. 4 Virginia. When is WVU going to make up its postponed game with the pesky Penguins of Youngstown State? Will that be before or after the Old Fold & Blew's clash with juggernaut Robert Morris? Oh, and try not to let mighty MAC school Buffalo beat y'all again this season.
they say they got the virus...kinda like ahia state

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT