ADVERTISEMENT

So, guess California state colleges and universities...

"The state law contains exemptions for some trips, such as travel needed to enforce California law and to honor contracts made before 2017."

I'm sure there's several loopholes too. ...like travel being privately funded.

I'm sure the states CalyFornYa won't travel to will be just fine without them. There are 47 other states in the lower 48 and it's not like TX, AL, KY, and SD can go to.

I think CalyFornYa may be the state that gets hurt by this. Suppose a TX school gets a bowl bid to CalyFornYa and says no thanks because of a reciprocal reprisal. That's quite a few hotels, restaurants, and tickets that won't be sold. I'll bet the states from FL to TX would love to start another bowl game in one the Big XII has an agreement with in California.

No disrespect to CalyFornYa but it is not a bowl destination hotbed imo. The states from FL to TX are so much easier to get to for every Big XII school. The time zone is easier too with not having a kickoff at 10:45 pm est.

They should leave politics out of sports. Sports is best when it's a break from life.

state institutions...like public colleges and universities...are funded by tax dollars and are...state institutions. so, dollars spent on employees of those state institutions are affected. in any event...states do ultimately run college football because they hold the purse strings.

Texas, Alabama, South Dakota, Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, Mississippi and Tennessee are on the list. Key is "state-funded" travel.

Since Alabama pays $1 million or more for a team to play in Tuscaloosa, no state funding would be needed to make the trip. Hell, there'd be a profit. Same with Texas and Tennessee.

So, as I read it, as long as no state funds are used, teams can go anywhere that more than pays the cost of playing the game out of state.

More of a symbolic thing, I suspect, from California.

Or, as Shakespeare said, "Much ado about nothing."

Texas, Alabama, South Dakota, Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, Mississippi and Tennessee are on the list. Key is "state-funded" travel.

Since Alabama pays $1 million or more for a team to play in Tuscaloosa, no state funding would be needed to make the trip. Hell, there'd be a profit. Same with Texas and Tennessee.

So, as I read it, as long as no state funds are used, teams can go anywhere that more than pays the cost of playing the game out of state.

More of a symbolic thing, I suspect, from California.

Or, as Shakespeare said, "Much ado about nothing."
Only for smaller schools. When a P5 school like Alabama plays a rent-a-win team like Kent St. , Middle Tennessee, etc., they pay that school X amount for the game. When it's a home and home with another P5 school, (UCLA, Cal, for example), then there isn't a payout.

Only for smaller schools. When a P5 school like Alabama plays a rent-a-win team like Kent St. , Middle Tennessee, etc., they pay that school X amount for the game. When it's a home and home with another P5 school, (UCLA, Cal, for example), then there isn't a payout.
Does anyone really think that the state of California would stop Southern Cal from playing a home and home with Alabama? Loopholes were invented for that. Let's see how many California P5 teams do NOT go to the seven "banned" states.

The point is...way too much government interference in all aspects of life. Why should this even have to be an issue? And, it is, or will be an issue you can bet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Trump administration decides to restrict travel of federal employees to conferences held in so-called 'Sanctuary' cities like San Francisco. And it would really be pretty easy to rationalize that they would only be doing it to protect federal employees. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even have to go through Congress.

Of course, state governments could do the same sort of thing using similar reasoning.

The whole boycott thing is a slippery slope. Can't we all just get along?

Lgm!

Reactions: Rootmaster
Does anyone really think that the state of California would stop Southern Cal from playing a home and home with Alabama? Loopholes were invented for that. Let's see how many California P5 teams do NOT go to the seven "banned" states.

YES.

Have you ever seen or heard some of those CA politicos? They all are a bunch of f*cking wackos. They could care less about football and playing Alabama...mom, apple pie or Chevrolet. How if you are talking about a Gay March in Tuscaloosa they would send the whole assembly.

Pelosi, waters, finestein, brown and several others qualify for that wacko label. Need we say more. All of the banned states should refuse to visit cal and demand that none of their federal taxes be sent to them. We'll see how long they can survive without being on the federal dole.

won't be playing games against Texas or Alabama schools in those states (and other states as well) with this new law.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...el-kentucky-and-three-other-states/424211001/

I imagine this could have a big impact in basketball for example...or football.

The irony of that kind of politically correct stupidity is overwhelming. Same exact people who have singled out and punished 7 states for their perceived intolerant culture then turn around and brand Trump and others as bigot/haters/worse for wanting to single out 7 countries to prevent them from potentially exporting mass killers from their hate filled culture. You can't make this shit up....

The irony of that kind of politically correct stupidity is overwhelming. Same exact people who have singled out and punished 7 states for their perceived intolerant culture then turn around and brand Trump and others as bigot/haters/worse for wanting to single out 7 countries to prevent them from potentially exporting mass killers from their hate filled culture. You can't make this shit up....
I would love for the cali tards to go and live in one of these seven Muslim countries. Im sure they would be tolerated.

Our country is engaged in a modern day Civil War.............testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. Sad.

What about bowl games or NCAA tournament games? Things where they don't get to choose where they are played?

Does the PAC12 have tie ins with any Texas bowls?

It's symbolic and much ado about nothing. Just watch as California teams play Alabama and anyone else who can make them millions, even if they're on the "terrible" list. It'll be about as effective as Trump's Muslim ban.

It's symbolic and much ado about nothing. Just watch as California teams play Alabama and anyone else who can make them millions, even if they're on the "terrible" list. It'll be about as effective as Trump's Muslim ban.

Mickey was guilty of fake news and you encouraged it.

Why spread Fake News?

Last edited:

Oh, your left wing agenda comes to the surface again. Muslim ban? No. Ban from people coming from the 7 countries that Barack named. These countries can't even vet their own citizens.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Oh, your left wing agenda comes to the surface again. Muslim ban? No. Ban from people coming from the 7 countries that Barack named. These countries can't even vet their own citizens.
Chump said it was a Muslim ban, the right wing agenda would appear to have been hijacked by pussy grabber in chief, lol. All three branches and can't do shit, harder to Govern than to yell "Obama wants to destroy America!" 24-7 to get the rubes to vote against their own economic interests.

Chump said it was a Muslim ban, the right wing agenda would appear to have been hijacked by pussy grabber in chief, lol. All three branches and can't do shit, harder to Govern than to yell "Obama wants to destroy America!" 24-7 to get the rubes to vote against their own economic interests.

Get over it. She lost lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT