ADVERTISEMENT

Skyler Howard

It's been a while for you, how you been? [smoke]

.......and btw, speaking for myself, all perspectives are welcomed. :beer:

I've been relatively exceptional (which is to say I've not been locked up for a few years..although I still enjoy the thrill of handcuffs).

We both know that it has not 'been a while' for me...but thx for the emote that you know annoys the fu&^ out of me.

I've been relatively exceptional (which is to say I've not been locked up for a few years..although I still enjoy the thrill of handcuffs).

We both know that it has not 'been a while' for me...but thx for the emote that you know annoys the fu&^ out of me.

Some things never change, and that's a good thing, it gives one a sense solidness and stability..... but I had no idea you didn't like beer. [smoke]

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
I'm a practicing alcoholic....and I love beer.

Your leaps of logic never fail to amuse me.

What truly is logic? Who decides reason? Questions asked by a very smart West Virginian, but yet to be answered....... the real question on the table, along with the accompanying subliminal fantasies, is not if you like beer, it's do you like handcuffs. [smoke]

Or they could be using a post about a QB to pose their questions about his perceived shortcomings. Everything is not about Dana Holgerson. Contrary to what a few people try to turn every conversation into
So there is a better choice than Howard? Or do all the other quarterbacks have even more perceived shortcomings? The coaches seem to think Howard is the best guy for the job right now. A few people spend a lot of time arguing that our best is not very good, even if he is our best, and if that is true, it is most definitely on Dana. I'm hoping Howard has a great year or that if he doesn't someone else steps up. Maybe we will have a receiver step up and make Howard look like Geno Smith by catching everything thrown in his general direction.

Because ESPN talking heads are ALWAYS right.
Oh please invoke a few words of your massive football knowledge on this qb we are all so intrigued by, but please please Remember we can't speak Neanderthal so no grunts or Uggs and don't beat on your woman/man or drag them around by there hair or there beard which ever applys (trying to more sensitive and be politicaly correct) how am I doing? So go ahead all of the coaching staff and fans everywhere around the nation are locked in to the "I'm a idiot channel" channell 206 on DTV or 140 on dish. so go ahead dr doomass you have the rock

Howard may never be an NFL quarterback. The alternative to Howard, who has a little experience is three young guys who have none. If any of them were named starting QB right now there would still be "concerns about the QB position". He is the coaches pick at this point, not sure what people want to happen instead. I think people are just using this as another way to say that Holgerson is a numbskull.

I'm not saying Holgerson is a numbskull. I'm assuming that he is correct in his assessment and Howard is the best QB. I'm just saying guys like Geno, Pat, Marc made it clear they were "the guy" within 2 years of being in the program. And, this is just my opinion, Howard being the best option is more on Crest not being "the guy" than Howard being a great QB like those mentioned above. I was just hoping someone would show the ability to be a starter even as a freshmen, redshirt freshmen, or true sophomore rather than needing to farm JUCO for our starters at skill positions like the last two years.

Last edited:
Reactions: wvurelic
I'm not saying Holgerson is a numbskull. I'm assuming that he is correct in his assessment and Howard is the best QB. I'm just saying guys like Geno, Pat, Marc made it clear they were "the guy" within 2 years of being in the program. And, this is just my opinion, Howard being the best option is more on Crest not being "the guy" than Howard being a great QB like those mentioned above. I was just hoping someone would show the ability to be a starter even as a freshmen, redshirt freshmen, or true sophomore rather than needing to farm JUCO for our starters at skill positions like the last two years.
Wouldn't it be great to have a QB roster like Ohio State did last year? Our backup QB goes 1 and 2 and showed signs of life at times, their 3rd string quarterback starts his only 3 games and wins the Conf. Championship, the Sugar Bowl and the National Title. At least we have 4 options to go to at the position, maybe one of them will be the guy, or maybe Crest or some other guy at receiver will make Howard look great. Given what Holgorson did at programs before he arrived at WVU, I think it is OK that expectations at QB are pretty high.

So there is a better choice than Howard? Or do all the other quarterbacks have even more perceived shortcomings? The coaches seem to think Howard is the best guy for the job right now. A few people spend a lot of time arguing that our best is not very good, even if he is our best, and if that is true, it is most definitely on Dana. I'm hoping Howard has a great year or that if he doesn't someone else steps up. Maybe we will have a receiver step up and make Howard look like Geno Smith by catching everything thrown in his general direction.
The coaches say Howard is the man. They get paid to decide who gives us the best chance at winning. Doesn't mean Howard is a top tier QB (see Ford Childress and Paul Millard) also doesn't mean that before the season starts he can't find his mojo and kick some tail at the college level (see Clint Trickett). Honestly the only hole I see in his game to this point is accuracy questions. He seems to have heart and play hard. He seemingly doesn't get rattled after a hit. He extends plays with his feet. And he even finds the guy who is open. But in my opinion he misses that open guy way too many times.
Now if none of these guys prove to be able to do what is needed to be successful, then by default the man who is supposed to make sure the next guy up is ready is to blame. Dana gave him a scholarship. Dana is the QB guru and offensive co-ordinator. Dana is top of the pecking order on where the blame lands for HIS teams shortcomings. So if he doesn't have a QB able or ready to perform at a high level for the upcoming season, it's Dana's fault. It's not like he didn't know Trickett was out of eligibility after last season. But that's not what this topic is about.

Reactions: wvurelic
The coaches say Howard is the man. They get paid to decide who gives us the best chance at winning. Doesn't mean Howard is a top tier QB (see Ford Childress and Paul Millard) also doesn't mean that before the season starts he can't find his mojo and kick some tail at the college level (see Clint Trickett). Honestly the only hole I see in his game to this point is accuracy questions. He seems to have heart and play hard. He seemingly doesn't get rattled after a hit. He extends plays with his feet. And he even finds the guy who is open. But in my opinion he misses that open guy way too many times.
Now if none of these guys prove to be able to do what is needed to be successful, then by default the man who is supposed to make sure the next guy up is ready is to blame. Dana gave him a scholarship. Dana is the QB guru and offensive co-ordinator. Dana is top of the pecking order on where the blame lands for HIS teams shortcomings. So if he doesn't have a QB able or ready to perform at a high level for the upcoming season, it's Dana's fault. It's not like he didn't know Trickett was out of eligibility after last season. But that's not what this topic is about.

"Can't hit the side of a barn" ~ eers1foru

[smoke]

When football season actually begins..............this board will get interesting. Right now.............a lot of funny conversations taking place amongst the faithful. Warez

Bottom line is we must get better at the quarterback position. I believe in Dana but there is a reason that some of our guys are not that sought after.

All I see in that highlight is shorts stretched out to catch another ball about to sail over his head. I see our WR making him look way better than he was that night

If you had all of his passing attempts on that video it'd be a little better body of work to make a judgement on. the 40%+ percentage of the throws he misses don't make highlight films. Barely above fifty percent completion percentage isn't that good for a pass first QB. Now if he starts eating up chunks of yards with his legs you can win with that.

All hope is lost. Howard stinks. We're doomed. Call the lynch mob. Prepare for defeat. Embrace mediocrity. Abandon hope. Come over to the dark side. Accentuate the negative. Eliminate the positive. He won't get any better. He will only get worse. We have no receivers. Anything else is fan boy logic. I get it. The kid has played 3 games and I can predict his future. When he throws a good pass it is an aberration or just dumb luck. Life sucks. We suck. He throws everything five yards past the receiver. They only way his passes are completed is because we had receivers with five foot long arms and a ten foot vertical leap. My criticism makes the team better. If you can't see this you must be stoopid. Now wasn't that fun?

If you had all of his passing attempts on that video it'd be a little better body of work to make a judgement on. the 40%+ percentage of the throws he misses don't make highlight films. Barely above fifty percent completion percentage isn't that good for a pass first QB. Now if he starts eating up chunks of yards with his legs you can win with that.
You still ignore the fact he doesn't turn the ball over. Being 65% and not turning the ball over is something you can win with. Accuracy issues? Nope. Timing issues...yes. But that will improve and has improved with 1st team reps. I worry more about who we can throw it to.

All hope is lost. Howard stinks. We're doomed. Call the lynch mob. Prepare for defeat. Embrace mediocrity. Abandon hope. Come over to the dark side. Accentuate the negative. Eliminate the positive. He won't get any better. He will only get worse. We have no receivers. Anything else is fan boy logic. I get it. The kid has played 3 games and I can predict his future. When he throws a good pass it is an aberration or just dumb luck. Life sucks. We suck. He throws everything five yards past the receiver. They only way his passes are completed is because we had receivers with five foot long arms and a ten foot vertical leap. My criticism makes the team better. If you can't see this you must be stoopid. Now wasn't that fun?

"We're Doomed ™" is a trademarked phrase of Doom Industries Inc. All rights reserved.

Reactions: Archetype XLIV
"We're Doomed ™" is a trademarked phrase of Doom Industries Inc. All rights reserved.
Duly noted. I considered "We're f****d, we're s*****d and we're h***d". but decided against those in the interest of the k*****s. Maybe I'll just go with "We're d****d in the future to give myself some wiggle room.

Reactions: Doctor Doom

"can't hit the side of a barn" ~ eer1foru

[smoke]

It looks to me like accuracy isn't the issue. It's timing. He's late on some throws.

Well, golly-gee-whiz Doc....... "TIMING"???? Jest whut-thu-HAIL do-da game clock go-a-havin' to do wiff-it........... maybe you outta' splain to a couple-er-so of these here guys jest whut the dag-gum game clock has to do wiff Ole Skyler a-hittin' da bulls-eye........ 'cause them-thar fellers ain't gotta' clue whut Ole Skyler wuz-a-talkin' 'bout in this-here movin' picture innerview. [smoke]

Well, golly-gee-whiz Doc....... "TIMING"???? Jest whut-thu-HAIL do-da game clock go-a-havin' to do wiff-it........... maybe you outta' splain to a couple-er-so of these here guys jest whut the dag-gum game clock has to do wiff Ole Skyler a-hittin' da bulls-eye........ 'cause them-thar fellers ain't gotta' clue whut Ole Skyler wuz-a-talkin' 'bout in this-here movin' picture innerview. [smoke]

So.....Nearly a month before Crest caught a ball, I saw the need to do it. I've correctly diagnosed Howard's #1 issue coming out of spring (he admits his timing is off in the video above)........
I will be happy to keep providing spot on analysis of the football program for readers to enjoy. Except for Relic. I'm pretty sure he can't read.

So.....Nearly a month before Crest caught a ball, I saw the need to do it. I've correctly diagnosed Howard's #1 issue coming out of spring (he admits his timing is off in the video above)........
I will be happy to keep providing spot on analysis of the football program for readers to enjoy. Except for Relic. I'm pretty sure he can't read.

........nor can he see, hear, realize, evaluate, or think. [smoke]

Reporter: "Can you play reciever"
Skylar: "I'll do whatever you want me to, but I want to play quarterback"

classic.

Well, Doc..... you can count your blessing that Coach Holgorsen is listening to what you have to say, even though a couple of guys around here don't.

I mean you made the call about Crest catching the ball because he's athletic and doesn't need to be standing around on the sidelines and Holgorsen listened.

I mean just listen to the post Spring Game Presser at the 7:00 minute mark about what Holgorsen says exactly what you said, about what Skyler and the boys need to work on this summer.

How do you do it, Doc?? Just how can you do it? [laughing]

http://www.wvusports.com/mediaplayer.cfm?streamID=3495

........and btw, get ready, LowFat will be around before long to label you something somewhere between a "Chest Thumping" to a "Passive Aggressive" asshole. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, Doc..... you can count your blessing that Coach Holgorsen is listening to what you have to say, even though a couple of guys around here don't.

I mean you made the call about Crest catching the ball because he's athletic and doesn't need to be standing around on the sidelines and Holgorsen listened.

I mean just listen to the post Spring Game Presser at the 7:00 minute mark about what Holgorsen says exactly what you said, about what Skyler and the boys need to work on this summer.

How do you do it, Doc?? Just how can you do it? [laughing]

http://www.wvusports.com/mediaplayer.cfm?streamID=3495

........and btw, get ready, LowFat will be around before long to label you something somewhere between a "Chest Thumping" to a "Passive Aggressive" asshole. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If lowfat does come around, I won't know it. Thanks to this AWESOME new board!

239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

.......maybe all participants in this thread would consider placing a disclaimer on all their posts, such as, 'For BobbyBouchereer's Entertainment Use Only'.

Or, maybe, extend an invitation to Ole Bobby to join in and see if his observations, conclusions, perspectives, thoughts, and opinions can withstand the scrutiny of others....... [smoke]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT