ADVERTISEMENT

Skyler Howard

This morning, I've read some of the accounts and takes of some of the 'sportswriters' from around the state....... my take on their accounts and takes of the Mountaineers this spring is that we need some better 'sportswriters' in the state to cover the Mountaineers. [smoke]

I would list the one's I'm talking about, but absolutely do not want to promote them in any way.... except maybe a recommendation of "FOR OUTHOUSE USE ONLY" :flush:

Reactions: BackpageNews
I just thought this is the same deal everyone was griping about last season with him. It looks to me as if nothing has really improved like I have been hearing throughout spring. And are you saying that the wr dropped 13 catchable balls, if so we are in more trouble than you can imagine

If his accuracy does not improve we will see Chuggs get the call. The kid can throw the ball.

I just thought this is the same deal everyone was griping about last season with him. It looks to me as if nothing has really improved like I have been hearing throughout spring. And are you saying that the wr dropped 13 catchable balls, if so we are in more trouble than you can imagine
Catchable balls? What about 5 balls on the money broken up by the defense? What about 3 throwaways because it's a better option than throwing into coverage? What about 3 balls on the fingertips but damn hard to catch, What about 2 dropped balls? Until I see the video, I wouldn't want to jump to the conclusions you do.

Life after Kevin White. He doesn't have a lot of superstar targets.
He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the games he played last season either! If this is to be our QB we will not win more than five games. And two of those are given due to our super soft scheduling.

He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the games he played last season either! If this is to be our QB we will not win more than five games. And two of those are given due to our super soft scheduling.

Even though he won on the road at ISU and almost brought us back against KSU? What would you suggest we do, Urban.

I've heard that he can even hit the SKINNY side of the barn. You think we win more games with a quarterback that has never started a game, who the coaches seem to think hasn't grasped the offense? I'm hoping Howard has really improved and that we will get some production out of the running game and some receivers will emerge.

Howard's accuracy could have been better last season, and yeah, he missed some opportunities, and he also produced 8 TD's in 4 games while averaging about 250 yards in total offense per game....... but that was last season.

.......and if anyone wants those 5 - 1 odds I mentioned in an earlier post, you name the amount and I'll take my chances that Skyler hits the side of the barn. [smoke]

Oh god, someone mentioned Chugs. Pizza boy will be here shortly to tell us that Lamar Jackson will transfer from Louisville and be the future.....

Swear to god, its like when you say "duckssticktogether" and VMF would show up.

beetlejuice.jpg

I've heard that he can even hit the SKINNY side of the barn. You think we win more games with a quarterback that has never started a game, who the coaches seem to think hasn't grasped the offense? I'm hoping Howard has really improved and that we will get some production out of the running game and some receivers will emerge.
I'm not suggesting anything. I'm merely stating the obvious. If Howard's accuracy doesn't get better teams will sit on the short routes and running game forcing him to beat us with vertical passes downfield. And with a lack of proven talent on the outside, who'd blame them. It's not like I'm making stuff up just to bash the kid. Do you think he hasn't been told numerous times his accuracy isn't exactly the best?

I don't know enough about our WR's to say if his accuracy is bad. He threw 5 TD's and ZERO Int's. That's good. He had a low completion percentage at 55%. He only threw for 160 yards per game. That's not great either.

But you will be in every game you play if you don't turn it over. I like that.

Reactions: Hammer
Wasn't a spring game when he had a top ten NFL pick to throw to and an experienced Mario Alford. I see an entire season of aTm on the horizon. Were he completes just enough to be competitive in a bunch of losses.

Good thing it doesn't matter what you think and since you are clueless and usually wrong, I'd say that bodes well for Skyler.
And everyone waits with baited breath to here your opinion? Fact is I'm just stating mine like you are yours. You don't have to agree or even like it. It's my opinion that Skyler Howard lacks the accuracy to take us very far this season. Add into the mix the normal struggles usually associated with Dana's offense when the receivers and the QB are in their first year starting and it isn't exactly a glimmering beacon of hope for this offense. I guess we will see what the O-line is capable of at least. I see a LOT of running the ball in this offenses future. On the bright side we may actually have a running back or two who don't go down in a stiff breeze this season. I was very impressed with Marcellus and Thomas-Williams.

that's great news. Which game did you like the best? The one were we lost to both teams with a pulse or the one were we beat a team who was on the verge of getting their coach fired? Like I said he'll keep us competitive in a bunch of losses.

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm merely stating the obvious. If Howard's accuracy doesn't get better teams will sit on the short routes and running game forcing him to beat us with vertical passes downfield. And with a lack of proven talent on the outside, who'd blame them. It's not like I'm making stuff up just to bash the kid. Do you think he hasn't been told numerous times his accuracy isn't exactly the best?

Howard can throw the deep ball...... so maybe you'll consider dropping the fabricated drama and attention-whoring about non-issues that are but illusions in your own mind. [smoke]

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1143318/highlights/74783375/v2

Howard was only 9 for 22, and people are impressed SMH
So Tony Gibson out-coached Offensive Guru?Gang it is year 5 and the $3 million man still hasn't developed a QB of D1 quality. Anything less than 8 wins should have Shane getting his list out and getting on the phone.

I didn't come away sold on the quarterbacks but they will get better as the receivers improve. Plus we have talented receivers coming in.

Geno was D1 before Dana got here. He gets credit for Trickett though.
I'm hoping that we see Howard show improvement like Trickett did. I just have to accept that in the coaches opinion, he is the clear leader at this point. We just need a couple of receivers who can go catch anything in their zipcode. That kind of receiver would make Howard look pretty good.

Reactions: Doctor Doom
This all probably a combination of Howard still developing and a young receiving corps. It seems as though people are looking for the next coming of Jesus at QB. That is simply not going to happen. Let the kids develop and put your best players out on the field (in whatever position that may be).

Jesus? I'd settle with someone who could pass to wide open guys without over throwing them. Maybe Skyler is that guy and he had a bad day. But if you put that bad day with the games from last season you have to think it's the pattern not the anomaly.

Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn = 84 passing yards per quarter..........

seems legit.

ADVERTISEMENT