ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Sills to return for senior season

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Sills V to Return for Senior Season

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – (December 17, 2017) – West Virginia All-American receiver David Sills V has announced that he will return for his senior season in 2018.

“After talking with my family and my coaches and taking time in prayer, I have decided to return for my senior season at West Virginia University,” Sills said. “I look forward to our bowl game, and having another year with my teammates here in Morgantown. It is important to me to finish what I started in the classroom and help our program win a Big 12 championship. WVU holds a special place in my heart, and I am looking forward to seeing what this team can accomplish next year.”

As a junior in 2017, Sills V had an outstanding season, finishing as a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award given to the nation’s top receiver. He was named to 10 All-American teams, including earning a spot on four of the five All-America teams that comprise the consensus team.

“David proved this year that he can be one of the best receivers in college football,” West Virginia head football coach Dana Holgorsen said. “Another season will help him improve in all areas, and I know our fans will be excited to see him team up with Will Grier for another year.”

Sills V leads the nation in touchdown receptions with 18. He also finished the regular season with 60 catches for 980 yards, averaging 16.3 yards per catch, and had a long catch of 75 yards.

He had four games with 100 or more receiving yards, had multiple touchdowns in seven games. He had a season-best 153 yards on seven catches and three touchdowns against East Carolina and also had 136 yards on seven receptions and three touchdowns at Baylor.

He is currently ranked No. 8 nationally in total touchdowns, No. 13 in scoring per game and No. 28 in receiving yards. In Big 12 statistics, he is No. 1 in total touchdowns, No. 2 in overall scoring among all players, No. 7 in receptions per game and receiving yards per game and No. 12 in yards per reception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT