ADVERTISEMENT

Sherondo, VA at Martinsburg Friday night showdown

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
One of Virginia’s best teams against WV top program Friday night in a game that has become a huge rivalry. If you like high school football this is your game folks. Martinsburg producing WVU Mountaineers at a rapid rate nowadays. Current WVU commit LB/RB Dwayne Grantham is a absolute freak. Tavis Lee currently is standing out at WVU now. He will play next year after his mandatory redshirt. Deamonte Lindsay is seeing the field at safety and in place to start next year. He’s finally healthy. WVU has offered current Martinsburg Bulldog Michael Boaitey as well. Many more coming in the years to come.

It’s also amazing how big Musselman High and Hedgesville High have become and they also just recently built Spring Mills High a few years ago and they are AAA and expected to be a huge high school eventually. The population has increased fast in Berkeley and Jefferson County in the eastern panhandle.

One of Virginia’s best teams against WV top program Friday night in a game that has become a huge rivalry. If you like high school football this is your game folks. Martinsburg producing WVU Mountaineers at a rapid rate nowadays. Current WVU commit LB/RB Dwayne Grantham is a absolute freak. Tavis Lee currently is standing out at WVU now. He will play next year after his mandatory redshirt. Deamonte Lindsay is seeing the field at safety and in place to start next year. He’s finally healthy. WVU has offered current Martinsburg Bulldog Michael Boaitey as well. Many more coming in the years to come.

It’s also amazing how big Musselman High and Hedgesville High have become and they also just recently built Spring Mills High a few years ago and they are AAA and expected to be a huge high school eventually. The population has increased fast in Berkeley and Jefferson County in the eastern panhandle.

What?

And yes the population is increasing, but Spring Mills just got beat bad by a 1A MD school where I go to church. Don't let numbers fool you, it has no bearing on what athletes are getting produced. Between the 3 schools you mentioned, only 1 has an athlete that WVU would want....Malakai Brown

Isn't it sherando? They are usually a 40 point loser to the teams here in the blue ridge district. I believe school enrollment at sherando is 3-400 less

Isn't it sherando? They are usually a 40 point loser to the teams here in the blue ridge district. I believe school enrollment at sherando is 3-400 less

They're actually pretty decent this year and have outscored their opponents by like 200 or something.

They're actually pretty decent this year and have outscored their opponents by like 200 or something.
They were decent until meeting Salem and getting blasted in playoffs. Game was over in first quarter

It is Sherando, located just a few miles South of Winchester off I-81. So far, they've played a bunch of stiffs and beaten up on them. Teams include hopeless James Wood, more hopeless Jefferson, and lowly Loudon Valley.

Martinsburg has struggled against the Warriors in the past, but should take them behind the woodshed this week.

It is Sherando, located just a few miles South of Winchester off I-81. So far, they've played a bunch of stiffs and beaten up on them. Teams include hopeless James Wood, more hopeless Jefferson, and lowly Loudon Valley.

Martinsburg has struggled against the Warriors in the past, but should take them behind the woodshed this week.

That's correct. That's why I used the word decent and not good LOL Jefferson will play Washington for the worst team in WV title.

Best teams? Like, out of all of them? Sherando is a 4A school. The highest classification in VA is 6A. Maybe they are a good 4A school, I have no idea, but to say they are one of Virginia's best teams is being slightly disingenuous.

Bluefield might compete
as the best team in the State ....

I heard Martinsburg is legit

I guess we’ll see what Sherando has this year but beating valley who looks like they are down this year and Jefferson LOL isn’t saying much. Could you imagine if they didn’t create Washington high? Jefferson would be about 3500 students and still suck major ass. Size does not matter as far as Jefferson co WV football is concerned.

Best teams? Like, out of all of them? Sherando is a 4A school. The highest classification in VA is 6A. Maybe they are a good 4A school, I have no idea, but to say they are one of Virginia's best teams is being slightly disingenuous.
I think martinsburg is close to 1800 students. correct? That would be larger than 4A here in Va.

Bluefield is the class of the state this year. They are coming off a great 2017 season (WV State AA Champs) and play a number of AAA schools. Check it out. See that picture over to the left? That's how I look when I am running, throwing or giving the ball off to a teammate. Yes sir! Warez

I was making the point of how much bigger the population is and how Berkeley County added another AAA school Spring Mills who isn’t good yet. Hedgesville and Musselman have improved and the overall area has a bright future. Martinsburg eventually will have some tougher competition out there. I expect a couple of those schools to come up athletic wise as they will get even bigger. Of course Martinsburg will stay on top and continue to become a national elite.

Sherondo is one of the better teams in VA this year. They are a very good program. This is a bigtime matchup. Overflow crowd for this one.

I was making the point of how much bigger the population is and how Berkeley County added another AAA school Spring Mills who isn’t good yet. Hedgesville and Musselman have improved and the overall area has a bright future. Martinsburg eventually will have some tougher competition out there. I expect a couple of those schools to come up athletic wise as they will get even bigger. Of course Martinsburg will stay on top and continue to become a national elite.

Sherondo is one of the better teams in VA this year. They are a very good program. This is a bigtime matchup. Overflow crowd for this one.
but smaller than Martinsburg

Martinsburg is good because Dave Walker knows the importance of bringing up good potential to varsity and exposing them to speed. Look at Martinsburg's roster and the amount of sophmores they have. By the end of their junior years, they will have college looks.

Reactions: DamnGoodDog
Martinsburg has good speed in that school and the winning tradition has many kids wanting to play football. The athletes play sports there. Some schools got good athletes that don’t even care to play or don’t get grades, have no focuse. Dave Walker does a good job of getting the community tied in and the athletes playing football.

They also lift, train and run a serious program. You can’t play for Martinsburg and not be all in. Other than that Dave Walker is just an excellent coach as well. WVU is all over this program now. The 9th and 10th graders there now are loaded with future WVU boys. Loaded folks.

As of right now, I can really only see Jarod Bowie. He's a quick kid with good hands. Harman could play somewhere like Concord or WVSU. The thing that you really have to look at is when these kids get to the playoffs, who put up the big numbers. That's the real indicator in HS. Yea you could put up 200 yards rushing against Hampshire, but what happened when you played Capital or Wheeling? That's when you really sort out who is ready for the next level.

I can't believe that I'm partially agreeing with WVpride, but Sherando is one of the better VA teams in the region. That it may or may not get rocked from time to time by teams in the Richmond and Tidewater areas is nothing to be overly critical. Who here wouldn't want WVU to own the recruiting in in Chesapeake, VA Beach, and Newport News? Dominating the Tidewater alone could ensure a yearly top 20 team.

That said, Martinsburg is going to kick the shit out of the Sherando. Martinsburg's ascension goes like this: Good athletes, never puts it together, perennial whipping boys to Fort Hill ---> starts to put it together, Fort Hill games get closer ----> things come together, beats Fort Hill, finally is respectable in WV semis ----> things click, blitz Fort Hill, wins WV title ----> hitting on all cylinders, crushes Fort Hill yearly, Fort Hill stops scheduling, dominating WV football ----> move on to DC and Va teams, close games, 50/50 chance of winning against regional big boys ----> Martinsburg continues to grow, begins to outpace Metro teams as well.

For as asinine as WVpride is about WV high school athletics, it is not crazy to say that Martinsburg is starting become more than a high school that is good at football. It's becoming a "program" that is becoming a football name in the DC metro. When I was working for Loudoun Public schools, Martinsburg was known as that "really good football team from the WV panhandle." No one from Ashburn could tell you anything about Berkeley County, but they knew that if their AD scheduled Martinsburg, watch out.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer

@DocEER

Reactions: DocEER
I can't believe that I'm partially agreeing with WVpride, but Sherando is one of the better VA teams in the region. That it may or may not get rocked from time to time by teams in the Richmond and Tidewater areas is nothing to be overly critical. Who here wouldn't want WVU to own the recruiting in in Chesapeake, VA Beach, and Newport News? Dominating the Tidewater alone could ensure a yearly top 20 team.

That said, Martinsburg is going to kick the shit out of the Sherando. Martinsburg's ascension goes like this: Good athletes, never puts it together, perennial whipping boys to Fort Hill ---> starts to put it together, Fort Hill games get closer ----> things come together, beats Fort Hill, finally is respectable in WV semis ----> things click, blitz Fort Hill, wins WV title ----> hitting on all cylinders, crushes Fort Hill yearly, Fort Hill stops scheduling, dominating WV football ----> move on to DC and Va teams, close games, 50/50 chance of winning against regional big boys ----> Martinsburg continues to grow, begins to outpace Metro teams as well.

For as asinine as WVpride is about WV high school athletics, it is not crazy to say that Martinsburg is starting become more than a high school that is good at football. It's becoming a "program" that is becoming a football name in the DC metro. When I was working for Loudoun Public schools, Martinsburg was known as that "really good football team from the WV panhandle." No one from Ashburn could tell you anything about Berkeley County, but they knew that if their AD scheduled Martinsburg, watch out.
They get rocked by teams here in Roanoke, they can't get by this region to get to the semis or the finals.

This will be a decent game. Martinsburg should roll. They struggled last year but the game was one of those weird bounce games for Martinsburg. Martinsburg beat their asses so bad back in the Nate Sowers/Brandon Barrett years that Sherando refused to schedule them following for a couple of years.

This will be a decent game. Martinsburg should roll. They struggled last year but the game was one of those weird bounce games for Martinsburg. Martinsburg beat their asses so bad back in the Nate Sowers/Brandon Barrett years that Sherando refused to schedule them following for a couple of years.

What time does it start? suggestions for dinner?

I'm seriously considering it.

Well, have to pick up daughter at school 3:38, so if I'm ready I could be on 68 east by 3:50

Whats your estimate from Motown to the stadium?

I'm seriously considering it.

Well, have to pick up daughter at school 3:38, so if I'm ready I could be on 68 east by 3:50

Whats your estimate from Motown to the stadium?
I would say little under 3 hours. Motown to Hancock MD is about 2 hours pending Cops, construction. From Hancock to Martinsburg, 30-45 minutes.

I would say little under 3 hours. Motown to Hancock MD is about 2 hours pending Cops, construction. From Hancock to Martinsburg, 30-45 minutes.

Yeah, thats what I was figuring. Thats a close one.....Just had the daughter off school for a week at the beach so I don't want to be busting her out early.

I will PM you if I can change some things. Daughter probably doesnt want to go anyways so. If I decide to come by myself I can leave earlier. If so, dinner on me before the game...

Yeah, thats what I was figuring. Thats a close one.....Just had the daughter off school for a week at the beach so I don't want to be busting her out early.

I will PM you if I can change some things. Daughter probably doesnt want to go anyways so. If I decide to come by myself I can leave earlier. If so, dinner on me before the game...
Sounds like a plan. Just let me know. My son (4) will want to come.

Martinsburg is NOT ranked in the
DC Met, Top 20...

I'm looking at the top 20, as we speak...

1st, Martinsburg isn't located in the DC Metro...

I'm not going to get bogged down the near-arbitrary arguments of what areas constitute the DC Metro. Is Howard Co? Clarke Co? It's damn near dependent on where you look and who you ask. Regardless of whether Berkeley is considered part of the metro area, Martinsburg at least is beginning to play teams in the northern area, and beating them. As for its ranking, did I say its a power in the area, or did I say it's starting to make a name for itself? And I'm not talking about, nor do I care to compare it to private schools, but don't let that get in the way of your eagerness to leap to negativity.

I'm not going to get bogged down the near-arbitrary arguments of what areas constitute the DC Metro. Is Howard Co? Clarke Co? It's damn near dependent on where you look and who you ask. Regardless of whether Berkeley is considered part of the metro area, Martinsburg at least is beginning to play teams in the northern area, and beating them. As for its ranking, did I say its a power in the area, or did I say it's starting to make a name for itself? And I'm not talking about, nor do I care to compare it to private schools, but don't let that get in the way of your eagerness to leap to negativity.

Every Tuesday the Commie paper
(Washington Post)
prints thier version on DC Metro to 20...

Martinsburg ain't even located in the
DC METRO nor plays in the DC METRO....

Reading is Fundamental...

Maybe you need to catch
Bluefield Beavers. 1st...

That's awesome. Congratulations.
Your statement about where sherando gets beat was factually wrong. I saw Martinsburg play PH here in Roanoke. Martinsburg was good. Certainly not earth shattering here.

Every Tuesday the Commie paper
(Washington Post)
prints thier version on DC Metro to 20...

Martinsburg ain't even located in the
DC METRO nor plays in the DC METRO....

Reading is Fundamental...

Maybe you need to catch
Bluefield Beavers. 1st...
That's ok, I've been to Bluefield once. Once is enough, too many turkey fans.

Your statement about where sherando gets beat was factually wrong. I saw Martinsburg play PH here in Roanoke. Martinsburg was good. Certainly not earth shattering here.
That's wonderful. I'm glad you can find so much happiness in Patrick Henry's football team. Viva la Roanoke Valley high schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT