ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Big-Time Programs Do NOT Cancel Their Spring Game

Mamie Baldwin

Freshman
Mar 4, 2007
Bizarre decision, similar to Dana conducting bowl practice in a hotel ballroom a few years ago.

Bizarre decision, similar to Dana conducting bowl practice in a hotel ballroom a few years ago.

So you would prefer to play in snow cold weather and mixed in ICE risking injury to players with our depth issue. It's not worth it.

Grab a copy of Trolling for Dummies, you need it.

giphy.gif

No more than an inch of snow is expected in Morgantown tomorrow. The Spring Game was canceled prematurely, if weather was truly the reason for canceling the game.

Looks like the sun is out today in Morgantown, with highs close to 40, with nearly no chance of precipitation throughout the remainder of the day.

Good day for some football.

Reactions: Rootmaster
We have a very slight coating of snow in Charleston, but only on the grass and trees, and the coal barges continue to chug down the Kanawha River...a fine day indeed.

Didn’t anyone see a picture of the field this morning? Snow, ice and slush. Good decision if you ask me. Not worth the risk. Grier, Sills, or someone else vital tears an ACL on that turf and all of you wanting this practice game would turn real quick on Dana for having it.

I travelled with a pro ftbl team for 5 years and coaches always rented hotel ballrooms on game mornings to go through plays at a walk to be sure everyone hit their assignments.

So you would prefer to play in snow cold weather and mixed in ICE risking injury to players with our depth issue. It's not worth it.
Last time I checked, snow and cold weather is the ideal climate to play football in. Also, no snow, ice or any other type of precipitation or accumulation is going on in Morgantown today.

Didn’t anyone see a picture of the field this morning? Snow, ice and slush. Good decision if you ask me. Not worth the risk. Grier, Sills, or someone else vital tears an ACL on that turf and all of you wanting this practice game would turn real quick on Dana for having it.
I live in Morgantown and we did not get any accumulating snow, ice, or slush so you are clearly making that up. Just face up and realize Dana doesn't like the spring game and would cancel it every year if he had the chance. That is all there is to it.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Last time I checked, snow and cold weather is the ideal climate to play football in. Also, no snow, ice or any other type of precipitation or accumulation is going on in Morgantown today.

It's a spring game not the national title.

I live in Morgantown and we did not get any accumulating snow, ice, or slush so you are clearly making that up. Just face up and realize Dana doesn't like the spring game and would cancel it every year if he had the chance. That is all there is to it.

Just confess up. You are only here to troll. The spring game annually represents the end to spring practice for the Mountaineers, who have been going at it for six weeks. It's not as huge a deal as you make it out to be.

Fan and player safety have to take priority. When you have snow predicted for much of the state on Saturday, we need to take the utmost caution to assure the safety of our student-athletes, while also avoiding elements that are problematic for our fans,” Director of Athletics Shane Lyons said. “You would expect to not have to worry about snow accumulation in April, but that’s the forecast. After much consideration, we made this decision for the safety of all involved.”

Department is looking into ways to create a donation to WVU’s Children’s Hospital, which annually benefits from the game

Looks like were misinformed. The AD is one who chose to cancel. Not Dana. Do you really think the HC has the authority to cancel a game that is played for donation to the hospital?

Reactions: Phil
I wish Ohio State and Michigan fans had a forum of their own. Not that I would go there.

I wonder why some of them are just lonely people with no place to go.

I think Dr. Phil could help them.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
I wish Ohio State and Michigan fans had a forum of their own. Not that I would go there.

I've noticed this phenomenon while browsing the forums of other teams. It seems like there's always a few misplaced idiots who find a home on another team's board. If you browse Pitt's football forum you'll notice that WVU has it's own version that goes by the name "pizzaboy". He's a pantylair mainstay and he's dumber than a box of cotton dildos.

Reactions: WVUFanForever

Doesn't make much sense does it.

As far as the spring game goes, not playing in a basically two-hand touch scrimmage doesn't really change anything here.

Another massive defeat for another troll here.

That's two for two now during the last two days.

Why can't teams reschedule? Living in Columbus I hear lots of OSU news. They apparently haven't played their spring game yet and the news just reported they had sold 79,000 tickets for the Spring game.

Which is the exact reason Russian roulette isn't played with a fully loaded weapon...

Michigan didn't need anymore practice. It only takes a few hours to learn handing off to the fullback, and allowing him to plunge up the middle for 3 yards.
That’s funny...but really, spring games aren’t really necessary for anyone.

That’s funny...but really, spring games aren’t really necessary for anyone.
Michigan had rolled theirs back big time this year, with not much going on with other activities planned. It does hurt a little bit on potential recruits, who had planned to visit and take in the game. With that said, if a recruit truly wants to play for you, they'll make alternate arrangements to visit. Michigan could have opted to hold a spring game at Ford Field, but that would have just been added expenses for what amounts to a glorified practice, so I assume they'll just use their indoor practice facility instead. They couldn't opt to move the date, due to finals taking place this coming week.

Michigan didn't need anymore practice. It only takes a few hours to learn handing off to the fullback, and allowing him to plunge up the middle for 3 yards.

You guys should start the 2nd version of the Don Nehlen "Up the Middle-O-Meter." I still laugh at some of the signs I've seen up there. Get your quarterback "Slayed or Canutered" was another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT