ADVERTISEMENT

SEC versus SEC for NC

Yeah, the match up sucks, but Baker Mayfield's reaction almost makes it worth it. Would have rather seen Clemson versus Georgia, but don't really care for either one.

I would rather see Clemson fall off the face of the earth. IF OU doesn't choke it would be Bama Defense vs OU offense.
I think OU started playing not to lose in the 2nd half. They went into stall ball mode. You got the Heisman trophy winner and reportedly the best Sooner since Billy Sims, yet you're handing the ball off at a critical juncture in the 4th and OT to a guy you need the program to find out who is. In OT with 4th and less than a yd where a TD wins it, you go for the fg after a timeout. They played scared or called the 2nd half and OT that way.

I have no interest in this game and won't waste my time watching it. It's not a real playoff when the Big 10 and PAC 12 champs (and UCF) are excluded. Until they go to 8 teams and include all the P5 champions plus 3 other deserving teams, it's just another ESPN clown show promoting their pet schools.

Reactions: JoePaEer
I think OU started playing not to lose in the 2nd half. They went into stall ball mode. You got the Heisman trophy winner and reportedly the best Sooner since Billy Sims, yet you're handing the ball off at a critical juncture in the 4th and OT to a guy you need the program to find out who is. In OT with 4th and less than a yd where a TD wins it, you go for the fg after a timeout. They played scared or called the 2nd half and OT that way.

That is questionable.
Sims was a beast and so is Baker Mayfield but the best Sooner player the last 30 years is Adrian Peterson talent wise with maybe Brian Bosworth, Roy Williams and Derrick Strait third, fourth and fifth after Mayfield

Peterson turning his back on Texas still hurts. Even with winning the NC the next year. His hometown newspaper pretty much vilified him the next day for choosing OU over Texas.
The next year OU's car dealership fake job set up was busted and the situation in Montgomery County TX had a lot to do with the fact that the DA was a Texas ex along with the judge.
I think they pushed the charges of child abuse because of him turning his back on Texas.

Last edited:
I just hope the same thing happens as a result of this that happened after the Bama/LSU rematch.

ADVERTISEMENT