ADVERTISEMENT

Season's Greetings From The Swami

SwamiEER

All-American
Gold Member
May 8, 2003
Dacula, GA (Davis, WV)
My Fellow Mountaineers:

After my last post I wanted to reach out again and thank everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers and let you all know that while this experience has proven frustrating and scary I have yet begun to fight. My family and I always enjoy Thanksgiving week in West Virginia but we always spend Christmas in Georgia. I am with my family now and we are truly celebrating the true meaning of Christmas with one another.

Everything is still so small at this point I have no symptoms and am fine physically, it's the mental part that's a struggle, but with God by my side I will prevail.

Since so many of you are praying for me I thought I would share some of myself on here so you can know who I am.

Most of you I only know through the board, but I have met some of you off line and personally at tailgates, etc. I was born in Huntington, WV, raised in Davis, WV, 1989 alum of WVU and have lived in GA since 1992, but WV is my home and always will be. My oldest son is a sophomore at WVU and my daughter just verbally committed to play college soccer at Truett McConnell College which is a small Baptist college in Cleveland, GA very similar to WV Wesleyan in Buckhannon, WV. I also have a 12 year old son and my family is everything to me.

Having been on this board for so long and it being such a part of my life I can never thank Vernon and everyone enough. While college athletics are a great distraction it has been truly humbling the responses and support I have received from so many on here.

Thank you all again so much. Know that The Swami is fine, is West Virginia strong and enjoying the Reason for the Season as I hope each of you are as well.

Merry Christmas to all and know that every word, every post, every card, every thought and every prayer from each of you means so much to my family and me.

Sincerely - David

P.S. . . . . And Pitt still sucks.

Photo%20Sep%2014%206%2006%2004%20PM_zpsnmgcweiz.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News