ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Season opener against James Madison is sold out

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Season Opener Against James Madison Sold Out

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (August 21, 2019) – The Mountaineer Ticket Office has announced that general public tickets for WVU’s 2019 season opener against James Madison on Saturday, Aug. 31, are sold out.

Fans still looking to purchase tickets for that game are reminded to visit StubHub.com, the official fan-to-fan marketplace of WVU Athletics, for potential availability.

The student ticketing process is underway for the JMU game. Students can request tickets at www.WVUGAME.com/students.

General public tickets for the five other home games are on sale at WVUGAME.com and 1-800-WVUGAME. Fans are encouraged to use the 'Pick Your Own Seat' map online at WVU GAME.com to purchase available seats at Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium.

Kickoff for the Mountaineers’ game with the Dukes is slated for 2 p.m.The game will be televised on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh and will be streamed across multiple platforms for users outside the AT&T SportsNet viewing footprint.

The stream will be available on WVUsports.com and the WVU Gameday App. Additionally, fans will be able to tune in live via Roku and Apple TV by searching for the “MountaineerTV” channel on each device.

For fans inside the viewing area, the AT&T SportsNet Channel Finder and Territory Map can be found on pittsburgh-attsn.att.com. The online stream will be blacked out inside the AT&T SportsNet viewing area.

I may be wrong, but thats not a shock. That should be expected. I believe every 1st time WVU Head Coach except one had a sellout for Game 1 at home.

The most ironic was Don Nehlen. When the new stadium was being designed the comments were, “Why are they building a stadium that big cause they’ll NEVER fill it!” Game one vs Cincinnati had 50k. At the old stadium downtown the largest attendance was what 35k maybe, if that?

Stew I believ had a sellout too vs Nova.

I don’t think the Dick did at home. In 01 WVU opened on the road at BC. They pounded our small D with those big OLman.

No sellouts in 2001 period.

Rasheed Marshall was injured in the first game and did not return until Nov. 3, 2001 against Rutgers 80-7 win.

(3-8)

Date
Opponent Score W/L Att.
Sat Sep 1 @ Boston College * 10-34 L 42,482
Sat Sep 8 Ohio 20-3 W 52,995
Sat Sep 22 Kent State 34-14 W 47,458
Sat Sep 29 @ Maryland (25) 20-32 L 40,166
Sat Oct 6 Virginia Tech (6) * 0-35 L 63,271
Sat Oct 13 @ Notre Dame 24-34 L 80,795
Thu Oct 25 @ Miami, FL (1) * 3-45 L 44,411
Sat Nov 3 Rutgers * 80-7 W 44,685
Sat Nov 10 @ Syracuse (14) * 13-24 L 43,753
Sat Nov 17 Temple * 14-17 L 37,120
Sat Nov 24 Pitt * 17-23 L 44,407

I may be wrong, but thats not a shock. That should be expected. I believe every 1st time WVU Head Coach except one had a sellout for Game 1 at home.

The most ironic was Don Nehlen. When the new stadium was being designed the comments were, “Why are they building a stadium that big cause they’ll NEVER fill it!” Game one vs Cincinnati had 50k. At the old stadium downtown the largest attendance was what 35k maybe, if that?

Stew I believ had a sellout too vs Nova.

I don’t think the Dick did at home. In 01 WVU opened on the road at BC. They pounded our small D with those big OLman.
Have to admit, i was one of the ones who thought we would not fill a new, bigger stadium. Maybe i just enjoyed playing golf at the University golf course that was there, with a few brewskis, too much, and didn’t want to give that up. Glad i was wrong.

I think the JMU fans have a lot to do with this. They are coming here thinking they are going to win.

Have to admit, i was one of the ones who thought we would not fill a new, bigger stadium. Maybe i just enjoyed playing golf at the University golf course that was there, with a few brewskis, too much, and didn’t want to give that up. Glad i was wrong.

What's scary to me is this is going to be season 40 at New Mountaineer Field. Woah!

I think a lot of people, including me, are excited to see what the Neal Brown era holds. No more 3-3-5 (not a knock or a praise, just a fact). No more Air Raid (again, not a knock or a praise, just a fact). Neal Brown will put his own stamp on Mountaineer football. And I can't wait to see what it looks like.

He played for Hal Mumme, the coach who popularized the Air Raid offense at Kentucky in the late 1990s. His entire coaching career has been spent on the offensive side of the ball, including three years as coordinator at Texas Tech from 2010-12.

Brown is not always the pass-happy, up-tempo coach that those credentials would suggest. Brown likes to adjust to his teams offensive strengths.

In 2018, Brown dramatically adjusted to his team’s offensive strengths rather than forcing his system to work as-is. The Trojans were a balanced but still pass-first team in Brown’s first three seasons before losing four-year starting quarterback Brandon Silvers. The Trojans ran the ball 56.5 percent of the time his final season at Troy while adding 2:27 to their average time of possession.

I understand that JMU has not sold all of their tickets. Is this true and did they return some?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT