ADVERTISEMENT

SC Playoffs-Rd. 3: Bolts/Craps and Knights/Jets

Euell

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
Hated to see Washington win Game 1, but agree with Toronteers that Bolts will definitely rebound. It seemed it took them a while to shake the rust off last night.
Toronteers and I on different sides in other series as I have to root for Winnipeg.

Reactions: torontoeers
Hated to see Washington win Game 1, but agree with Toronteers that Bolts will definitely rebound. It seemed it took them a while to shake the rust off last night.
Toronteers and I on different sides in other series as I have to root for Winnipeg.
Yep...It PAINS me to have to go with Vegas but it's the cheap shot shit that I see outta Peg over the last 2 years or so that grinds my gears....

I wonder if Bolts manage to win a game 2, will we see some headhunting from a certain Crap at home? I'd lay down a few bucks on it...

Yep...It PAINS me to have to go with Vegas but it's the cheap shot shit that I see outta Peg over the last 2 years or so that grinds my gears....

I wonder if Bolts manage to win a game 2, will we see some headhunting from a certain Crap at home? I'd lay down a few bucks on it...
That would not surprise me at all. Do the Bolts, unlike the Pens, have an enforcer type to negate some of that $hit?

That would not surprise me at all. Do the Bolts, unlike the Pens, have an enforcer type to negate some of that $hit?
They really don't! I'd say Paquette would be the one most likely to mix it up a bit, but he's by no means an enforcer type. I think Stamer likely leads them in PIM's lol...I definitely look for Wilson to try and crack a few skulls...

Craps playing good hockey right now, unfortunately. Who would have thought Holtby would be as solid in net this post-season as he has been?
Its not just holtby the whole team has been solid. Maybe its there year it had to happen some time. Look at it this way if they do end up winning it then I'm sure you'll meet them again in the playoffs next year with a shot to end their reighn.

Its not just holtby the whole team has been solid. Maybe its there year it had to happen some time. Look at it this way if they do end up winning it then I'm sure you'll meet them again in the playoffs next year with a shot to end their reighn.
Craps showing a little chink in the armor now. If the home team is ever going to win a game in this series, tomorrow night would be a good time to start!

Reactions: torontoeers
Oh $hit, Craps making it interesting with a minute and a half left.

Ugh...looks like they survive another day...regardless, Vegas looks primed for fate...unbelievable...
I think the East winner will take it. I always thought the East was better we will have to see how it turns out but I think the caps/Bolts winner will roll the knights.

I can stand the thought of anything happening except for AO, TW, and company lifting the Cup.

It's almost hard to believe how much the talking heads on NHLN are rooting for Washington......I realize it's mostly because they're rooting for 8, but I'm convinced a decent percentage of it is how much they know a Craps Cup would irk anything associated with Pittsburgh. They also downright love Wilson.......

Right now, I'm certain more on the network are pulling for Washington than Vegas......of course, most are just hot that Vegas took out Winnipeg.

Reactions: Euell
Has anyone heard the last time a team won a series by winning Games 1,2,6, & 7 ??

Lightning getting a myriad of scoring chances. Time to bury one!

8 days between games for Knights when they take the ice on Monday. I can't see them being too sharp, at least for a period or more. The way the Craps have oftentimes been scoring early, that doesn't bode well for LV in Game 1.

I think this is the Caps year. It had to happen some time.

That's what I'm thinking.....even if Fleury outplays Holtby, I think it will only be marginally; and the Craps just have more horses than VGK (of course, so did Winnipeg). And that's before the reality the Lord is simply giving every indication of being a Craps fan this year.

That's what I'm thinking.....even if Fleury outplays Holtby, I think it will only be marginally; and the Craps just have more horses than VGK (of course, so did Winnipeg). And that's before the reality the Lord is simply giving every indication of being a Craps fan this year.
From about mid season I thought the Eastern conference was stronger. watching the playoffs I felt the quality of Play out of the east was better than the west. Nash finished with 117 points Winninpeg with 114. I don't think either one would have accomplished that playing in the East. If the caps win the cup you could make a legitimate argument that the Metro division was the toughest. This years Cap's team has a different feel. They have grit and determination and every time they have faced adversity they get stronger instead of folding like they have in the past. Will have to see what happens but My gut feeling says its there year.

ADVERTISEMENT