ADVERTISEMENT

Sambol chicken thighs for tailgate..

backcountry mounty

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
My favorite by far recipe for grilling at tailgates.
For 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs

3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
1/2 cup Sambol
1/2 cup sriracha
2 teaspoons Kikkomans soy
1 teaspoon L&P Worcestershire
1 teaspoon evoo
1/2 cup or more fresh cilantro chopped
Dash tabasco
Dash white pepper

Mix all ingredients thoroughly and marinate thighs for at least 12 hours in freezer bag. Make sure thighs are completely covered. Reserve marinade. Season thighs with Cavenders Greek seasoning, black pepper and granulated garlic.

Cook over medium coals. Charcoal makes it. Baste with reserved marinade at the end of the cook.

Great for anything. Served with sides, on a sandwich or as finger food off the grill. Easy..

1/2 cup Sambol
1/2 cup sriracha
1 teaspoon evoo
Dash tabasco
Dash white pepper

Mix all ingredients thoroughly and marinate thighs for at least 12 hours in freezer bag. Make sure thighs are completely covered. Reserve marinade. Season thighs with Cavenders Greek seasoning, black pepper and granulated garlic.

Cook over medium coals. Charcoal makes it. Baste with reserved marinade at the end of the cook.

Great for anything. Served with sides, on a sandwich or as finger food off the grill. Easy..
I definitely want to give that a try. I've really been all about thighs over the last year or two. The funny thing is I just took chicken noodle soup off of the stove and I was thinking how much more I like it now that I switched from breast to thighs. Thanks for the recipe.

Yvy0Q35.jpg

It's where the flavor is at, big bro. Soup looks great. I would guess you cooked the thighs bone in for stock, picked the meat and finished the soup. The long noodle is the key. My family does that. I do believe that may be a West Virginia thang..

Reactions: Vernon
It's where the flavor is at, big bro. Soup looks great. I would guess you cooked the thighs bone in for stock, picked the meat and finished the soup. The long noodle is the key. My family does that. I do believe that may be a West Virginia thang..
Exactly. So much more flavor that way. It's not my Granny's but it's the best I can do. Lol

Reactions: backcountry mounty
The boneless, skinless chicken thighs are easier to cook on the grill (i use them frequently) but the bone-in thighs impart more flavor into the meat, particularly in a pressure cooker. Then, as discussed above, fork the meat off the bone. I won’t even grill chicken breasts.

Reactions: Vernon
The boneless, skinless chicken thighs are easier to cook on the grill (i use them frequently) but the bone-in thighs impart more flavor into the meat, particularly in a pressure cooker. Then, as discussed above, fork the meat off the bone. I won’t even grill chicken breasts.

They skinless, boneless lay flat on the grill and get done in 20 minutes if you need that. Absolutely perfect for a tailgate. All the work is done ahead of time....

I have been trying to lay off the red meat and it works..

Reactions: RD Show Mountaineer
They skinless, boneless lay flat on the grill and get done in 20 minutes if you need that. Absolutely perfect for a tailgate. All the work is done ahead of time....

I have been trying to lay off the red meat and it works..
If you’re looking for red meat alternatives, my family loves it when i grill turkey burgers. As a chef, you likely have some good recipes already, but what flipped the switch for me is to use some Panko bread crumbs in the mix (in addition to other seasonings) to hold it together better on the grill. Flavor is excellent and fairly healthy.

Cilantro can taste very unpleasant to some. I used to be one. It tasted like Irish Spring soap. I've learned to accept it and it has been hard but in some cooked dishes, I find it to be an excellent herb.

Cilantro can taste very unpleasant to some. I used to be one. It tasted like Irish Spring soap. I've learned to accept it and it has been hard but in some cooked dishes, I find it to be an excellent herb.
It's definitely one that many people dislike. I like it but it's not something I use often while cooking.

It's definitely one that many people dislike. I like it but it's not something I use often while cooking.

It is very similar to tarragon. A little goes a long way. You can blanche both to mild it out. I can't do without either now. Both add an umami profile.

Reactions: WVUBRU
This is an older post, but do you have a recipe and instructions for the one in the picture you made? Looks delicious.

I definitely want to give that a try. I've really been all about thighs over the last year or two. The funny thing is I just took chicken noodle soup off of the stove and I was thinking how much more I like it now that I switched from breast to thighs. Thanks for the recipe.

Yvy0Q35.jpg

1/2 cup Sambol
1/2 cup sriracha
1 teaspoon evoo
Dash tabasco
Dash white pepper

Just tried this recipe. One word - Awesome!

Reactions: backcountry mounty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT