ADVERTISEMENT

Sad to see the passing of the "hit king". Time to stop the hypocrisy and admit Pete to the Hall of Fame. The damn thing is probably

sponsored by Caesar's or Fan dual anyway!
only major league game I ever saw was in 66 at crosley field. Gary Nolan for the Reds and Steve Carlton for the Cardinals. Nolan struck Roger Maris out twice and he never got the bat off his shoulder. Ted Abernathy walked in the winning run in the 14th......lots of all stars in that game......nolan had to be close to 100 mph that night...as I recall he blew out his arm a couple years later and was never the same.. Rose didn't start but came in later..this should tell you how old I am🙈🙉🙊

Reactions: Humptod
only major league game I ever saw was in 66 at crosley field. Gary Nolan for the Reds and Steve Carlton for the Cardinals. Nolan struck Roger Maris out twice and he never got the bat off his shoulder. Ted Abernathy walked in the winning run in the 14th......lots of all stars in that game......nolan had to be close to 100 mph that night...as I recall he blew out his arm a couple years later and was never the same.. Rose didn't start but came in later..this should tell you how old I am🙈🙉🙊
Gary Nolan had great stuff until he blew his arm out. Ended up a blackjack dealer in Vegas. Carlton could spin it as well, read where the Cardinals let him go because he demanded a $10,000 raise. Different world wasn't it!

Reactions: Humptod
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT