ADVERTISEMENT

Saban Test Positive

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009

Alabama coach Nick Saban said Wednesday night that he's feeling fine after receiving a positive COVID-19 test earlier in the day.

A hoarse Saban said he's experiencing only mild symptoms like a runny nose.

Saban, 69, will be unable to coach Saturday's game against visiting Auburn.

He has gone into quarantine at home and must remain in isolation for at least 10 days before he can return to the team. In his absence, offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will assume many of the head-coaching responsibilities.

Saban's earliest possible return is the day before a Dec. 5 game at Arkansas. But, according to SEC protocol, "At least 24 hours must have passed since last fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and symptom improvement (e.g., cough, shortness of breath, etc.) has occurred, in accordance with current [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] guidance for isolation."

I now personally know 2 people or cases of those who have had it. One was a lady in her mid 60s & her 70 year old husband who had it and shesaid it was 2 days of mild cold like symptoms and on day 3 she ran a 5k on her treadmill and was a symptomatic the rest of the time. Her husband had no symptoms at all. The other is actually 3 people in a family of 4 where the oldest person was 50 and said he was tired off and in with a cough for about a week (the wife and son had 2-3 days of symptoms) with only one day of a fever. The daughter had no symptoms at all.

I think this is very overblown Unless you have preexisting conditions which the basic flu can cause problems too. Idk. I travel all the time and my life hasn’t changed much.

I think the public believes whatever the media & government tells them without question and in too many cases does not stop and think anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
I now personally know 2 people or cases of those who have had it. One was a lady in her mid 60s & her 70 year old husband who had it and shesaid it was 2 days of mild cold like symptoms and on day 3 she ran a 5k on her treadmill and was a symptomatic the rest of the time. Her husband had no symptoms at all. The other is actually 3 people in a family of 4 where the oldest person was 50 and said he was tired off and in with a cough for about a week (the wife and son had 2-3 days of symptoms) with only one day of a fever. The daughter had no symptoms at all.

I think this is very overblown Unless you have preexisting conditions which the basic flu can cause problems too. Idk. I travel all the time and my life hasn’t changed much.

I think the public believes whatever the media & government tells them without question and in too many cases does not stop and think anymore.

Agree. I also travel a lot. Have not experienced any issues. But I also wash my hands and wear a mask in places I don't frequent often. Paranoid a bit. Probably.

ADVERTISEMENT