ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsberg....Do not replace her until after the election

You get these two confused, and you forget about Biden doing the same thing I think during the first Bush term. Protocol in the senate is if a vacancy opens during a election year and the President and senate are the same party a selection is made and the senate votes on it. If the President and the senate are different parties then the senate will not vote on it.

This isn't Mitch's rule it is preciendent that has been in place for 140+ years.

Honest question (not being a d!ck): Did you feel this same way in 2016 with Obama not getting that chance?

Popular vote doesn't matter as much as the electoral college vote.

A handful of states are the only ones really in play. Focus on those for this election and hit them hard. From now until November hit them with nothing but ads over rioting in the streets, killing babies, taking away your rights, all the things Joe Biden believes in - if he can remember.

Hit these topics hard at the debates. Turn every question to the destruction, rioting, abortion. Biden has no play and has to own them.

Hit him on his racist history and how he supports the killing of black babies the most. Blacks in jail or in the ground - that's Joe Biden for ya.

Reactions: 30CAT and atlkvb
Popular vote doesn't matter as much as the electoral college vote.

A handful of states are the only ones really in play. Focus on those for this election and hit them hard. From now until November hit them with nothing but ads over rioting in the streets, killing babies, taking away your rights, all the things Joe Biden believes in - if he can remember.

Hit these topics hard at the debates. Turn every question to the destruction, rioting, abortion. Biden has no play and has to own them.

Hit him on his racist history and how he supports the killing of black babies the most. Blacks in jail or in the ground - that's Joe Biden for ya.

You are rapidly becoming my favorite poster. You and @30CAT know exactly how to handle these two faced charlatans on the Left. I cannot wait to vote! The only thing these scurrilous people will understand is a crushing defeat. Can't wait to see Trump win in a landslide, then watch them all go berserk!

Reactions: spartansstink
They are just misguided people. Often good people. Just misguided.

The Dems have nothing to hang their hats on except identity politics. They have to convince you to fear me and me to fear you. If we both fear each other, then the Dems can play us off on each other and say they are the only ones with the solution.

Every four years its the same message - the white man in the 3 piece suit is the enemy. He keeps us whiteys from ever getting ahead by not paying his taxes and paying a fair wage. He keeps you blacks from ever getting ahead because he's a racist who wants to throw you in jail or murder you at every opportunity.

Same message every four years - because it works.

Brainwash the children in the crappy public school system at an early age using various tactics of "feel-good" pseudo-psychology, teach them never to question or even know how to ask one, and you have a Democrat for life.

Wash and repeat.

Reactions: WVU80ate
They are just misguided people. Often good people. Just misguided.

The Dems have nothing to hang their hats on except identity politics. They have to convince you to fear me and me to fear you. If we both fear each other, then the Dems can play us off on each other and say they are the only ones with the solution.

Every four years its the same message - the white man in the 3 piece suit is the enemy. He keeps us whiteys from ever getting ahead by not paying his taxes and paying a fair wage. He keeps you blacks from ever getting ahead because he's a racist who wants to throw you in jail or murder you at every opportunity.

Same message every four years - because it works.

Brainwash the children in the crappy public school system at an early age using various tactics of "feel-good" pseudo-psychology, teach them never to question or even know how to ask one, and you have a Democrat for life.

Wash and repeat.
Solid analysis.

The best play here is for Trump to go ahead and nominate a candidate for the seat but the Senate to come out and say they will hold off a vote until after the election.

Use it to your advantage. Use it as a vote for the next President. Use it as a vote against abortion, gun control, anarchy, marxism, and whatever else you can make some political hay with.

Pull those Rinos leaning Biden's way back into the fold.

No one can really say it is hypocritical, either. Obama went ahead and nominated Garland. The Senate just refused to have the confirmation hearings until after the election.

Same thing here.

If Trump wins, the confirmation process begins pretty quickly and should be wrapping up before the inauguration.

If Trump loses, go ahead with the confirmation process quickly and get her confirmed before inauguration day.

You get the court anyway win or lose. Senate republicans may face some backlash at the polls in the next cycle but by that time people will have moved on to something else anyway.

Some of my friends and I have been talking about this very scenario and feel is the only true winning solution.

The only way we can lose is if we lose the Senate, and in that case the Dems will stack the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT