ADVERTISEMENT

RPJ...JLW...Bru

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
check out the front page of today's Staunton Misleader...the article about where some citizens and school board members want to build a new high school complex....guess where?

check out the front page of today's Staunton Misleader...the article about where some citizens and school board members want to build a new high school complex....guess where?
Pretty audacious for the school board to decide that thats where they want to build "Robert E. Lee High School"....really?....RELHS? Is that just up the road from Benedict Arnold Middle School? Or Aldrich Ames Elementary School? Naming public facilities after people who tried to do our country harm is still incredible to me.

Reactions: Boomboom521
y
yes.....it's located in a park that already contains the high school football and baseball field.....it's across town from the high school building....it was fully irrigated to the tune of half a mil 10 years ago...and I guess they'll just dig it up
Wow, that's crazy. If it goes through, that has to be a little sad to see it get torn down?

Pretty audacious for the school board to decide that thats where they want to build "Robert E. Lee High School"....really?....RELHS? Is that just up the road from Benedict Arnold Middle School? Or Aldrich Ames Elementary School? Naming public facilities after people who tried to do our country harm is still incredible to me.
that discussion has been going on for years. there was the "black" high school (Booker T Washington) that closed in the mid 60's and they were absorbed into Lee High, which is what most folks call it. Surprisingly the sentiment is about 75-25 for leaving the name as is......as for the building site...that's the school board talking. City Council and the city government haven't gotten involved yet...should be interesting

Atlanta has lost three good reasonably priced courses in 2016 and probably more next year. I'm very sad to see what is happening to the sport whether it is courses not opening or golf manufacturers shutting down operations. And it is the industry fault. Instead of growing and appealing to the large mass of people, greed overtook the sport and everyone chases the premium dollar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT